Serious question

I have seen several articles in the past partially blaming cows for global warming. The articles mention that cows produce methane. This can only be with thier farts right?

I have a couple of questions about this. Is it only cows or is it all mammals? If it is all mammals, why do cows take such a beating? Is the press out to get them? Is this why they are sometimes mad?

If it is only cows, why would we not just kill all of them? It's not like they're hard to catch.

Can I change my diet to help save the planet? Can cows? On the other hand, could we change our diets to speed it up?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All mammals produce methane as a gaseous by-product of digestion.

You can do your part by lighting your flatus and combusting the methane.

645265[/snapback]

In this case I think the mad cows have a right to be pissed. Why just blame them?

As for the remedy, I don't think I'll be lighting any of my body parts on fire to save the world. I don't know where my flatus is, but it sounds painful. Can you say biting off your nose to spite your face?

I have seen several articles in the past partially blaming cows for global warming.  The articles mention that cows produce methane.  This can only be with thier farts right?

I have a couple of questions about this.  Is it only cows or is it all mammals? If it is all mammals, why do cows take such a beating?  Is the press out to get them?  Is this why they are sometimes mad? 

If it is only cows, why would we not just kill all of them?  It's not like they're hard to catch.

Can I change my diet to help save the planet?  Can cows?  On the other hand, could we change our diets to speed it up?

645261[/snapback]

Our planet has gone through hot and cold cycles for millions of years, to blame Humans or cows for the current warming trend is absurd.

But never the less I try and eat plenty of cows.

All mammals produce methane as a gaseous by-product of digestion.

You can do your part by lighting your flatus and combusting the methane.

645265[/snapback]

Can I get a larger copy of your avatar? please ? B-)

. I don't know where my flatus is, but it sounds painful.

It's not a where it's a what.

A flatus, to put it bluntly, is a fart. i.e. Flatulence, breaking wind, cutting the cheese, barking spider, cutting the cheese.

But never the less I try and eat plenty of cows.

645329[/snapback]

Good point. The more cows you eat, the less global warming.

EAT COWS AND SAVE THE PLANET!!

(That should tick off the PETA people B-) )

.  I don't know where my flatus is, but it sounds painful.

A flatus, to put it bluntly, is a fart.  i.e. Flatulence, breaking wind, cutting the cheese, barking spider, cutting the cheese.

645338[/snapback]

You cut the cheese twice, but you forgot mouse on a motorcycle.

A flatus, to put it bluntly, is a fart.  i.e. Flatulence, breaking wind, cutting the cheese, barking spider, cutting the cheese.

645338[/snapback]

Maybe you could get a cow to show you, or better yet give you a light! B-)

Good point. The more cows you eat, the less global warming.

EAT COWS AND SAVE THE PLANET!!

(That should tick off the PETA people  B-) )

645343[/snapback]

It's a good plan, unless eating beef gives you the toots.

645338[/snapback]

That can't really work. If it did then why not just install a mini blow torch near every cows butt? It would keep them warm in winter and solve global warming.

ice age . look out the window , no ice .....damm cave men

645398[/snapback]

Reminds me Ice Age 2 comes out on Friday. That squirrel is one of the funniest cartoon characters in years.

Hmmm, how many squirrels would it take to equal the methane output of a cow? I now have a new reason to shoot squirrels.

The watered down version you're drinking.

645397[/snapback]

Please Coach and Keg don't make this political. I would like to keep to the serious topic of cows and their farts. I have now learned that it is all mammals and feel bad for cows.

This is not a political argument. Democrats and Republicans need to discuss if we as people should exterminate all mammals from the planet so that it remains safe for insects, plants, humans, reptiles, birds, snakes, dogs, cats, and amphibians. It would not be a pretty thing to do, but it may be necessary. In the short term, it could help refrigeration companies which will help the economy.

Please Coach and Keg don't make this political.  I would like to keep to the serious topic of cows and their farts.  I have now learned that it is all mammals and feel bad for cows. 

This is not a political argument.  Democrats and Republicans need to discuss if we as people should exterminate all mammals from the planet so that it remains safe for insects, plants, humans, reptiles, birds, snakes, dogs, cats, and amphibians.  It would not be a pretty thing to do, but it may be necessary.  In the short term, it could help refrigeration companies which will help the economy.

645406[/snapback]

Right now I am pretty angry at the people in India, they don't eat enough cows, and are contributing to global warming.