Howard Stern show today...Artie Lange was killing

OK now I've heard everything.  I really hope this is a wind up because either that or you must be Carolla's agent.

641897[/snapback]

Not at all....It's just much more the exception than the rule that someone can consistently entertain me. He's one of those who succeeds.

Not at all....It's just much more the exception than the rule that someone can consistently entertain me. He's one of those who succeeds.

641900[/snapback]

In order to get the Stern folks to listen to Carolla, what Carolla needs to do is spend every show talking about himself.

In order to get the Stern folks to listen to Carolla, what Carolla needs to do is spend every show talking about himself.

641906[/snapback]

lol....their loss!

641906[/snapback]

I got Sirius for Stern and I really enjoy him and his show. It really is hard to compare the two though. Howard has surrounded himself with a outstanding cast so he never has to carry the show. Adam doesnt have that luxury. I like Adam though. I think now he is decent on radio but not in Sterns class. IMHO.

Why is it okay for everyone to publicly suck Howard Stern's rooster, but the minute one person says he thinks Stern actually IS a rooster, he's an outcast on a crusade?

I don't care who listens to Stern. I just don't understand why.

And Carolla IS funnier because Carolla is the one being funny. Have you not noticed that everytime another "OMFG STERN IS GREAT TODAY" thread is started, it's always about someone ON his show, and not Stern himself?

Sorry, Pooj. I'll do my best to stay out from here.

641641[/snapback]

I don't think you're making a fair comparison. Let me give you an example:

Who is funnier Ray Romano or George Carlin?

What TV show was funnier Everbody Loves Raymond or The George Carlin Show?

IMO ELR was boring and formulaic but, GCS was just plain unfunny. However, IMO George Carlin is 100 times funnier than Ray. I don't even think Ray is qualified to carry George's luggage, but Ray's show was funnier.

Is Carolla funnier than Stern? IMO yes, but Stern's show is funnier because of Artie, Fred and Robin.

But, this is all my opinion and I'm as full of s*** as everybody else.. so, who knows?? :lol:

I don't think you're making a fair comparison. Let me give you an example:

Who is funnier Ray Romano or George Carlin?

What TV show was funnier Everbody Loves Raymond or The George Carlin Show? 

IMO ELR was boring and formulaic but, GCS was just plain unfunny. However, IMO George Carlin is 100 times funnier than Ray. I don't even think Ray is qualified to carry George's luggage, but Ray's show was funnier.

Is Carolla funnier than Stern? IMO yes, but Stern's show is funnier because of Artie, Fred and Robin.

But, this is all my opinion and I'm as full of s*** as everybody else.. so, who knows??  :P

641955[/snapback]

Excellent post, and dead on. Anyone who thinks Stern considers himself to be a "comedian" is sadly mistaken. Carolla, on the other hand, is a bonified funny man.

To compare the two of them in a vacuum is to compare apples and oranges.

I think Carolla is hilarious, by the way.

I realize that by saying what I am about to say, that I will be put up for much riducle and name calling...

...BUT...

Don and Mike is by far, the most entertaining radio show, period.

641862[/snapback]

I just checked your B-day and I think the cutoff point for the Don and Mike show is somewhere between you and me. I'm 34 and don't really like their stuff. I can't explain why but I don't find their show funny.