royal over davis

Many experts say Vernon Davis is the best TE propect in years. Given that we need a threat besides evans and o line help (a TE is part of teh o line and Davis can apparently block and catch and we have a had a string that could do neither) and this kid has a good chance to drop to us why would we pay good money to have a guy who was not even Washington's best TE? (That would be Chris cooley). I think that passing him up will be viewed in retrospect as extremely foolish. I hope I'm wrong.

Many experts say Vernon Davis is the best TE propect in years.  Given that we need a threat besides evans and o line help (a TE is part of teh o line and Davis can apparently block and catch and we have a had a string that could do neither) and this kid has a good chance to drop to us why would we pay good money to have a guy who was not even Washington's best TE?  (That would be Chris cooley).  I think that passing him up will be viewed in retrospect as extremely foolish.  I hope I'm wrong.

640916[/snapback]

Chris Cooley is an H-back, he is more of a slot receiver than a tight end.

I think that this is a very deep TE draft and we can get a very good prospect in the second or third rounds.

641050[/snapback]

We have plenty of prospects. I think we'll either take Davis (if he's available, because he's considered to be a RARE talent) or we won't take a TE on day #1.

I'm for going with biguns...but, I wouldn't complain if they picked VD.

who says royal is going to be a starter?

who said that by signing royal we wont sign davis?

if davis left on the board with ngata i will be happy with either pick. that said, davis looks to be a beast. if hes there, we need to take a real long look at him.

he could be a game changer. i dont see ngata beign a game changer.

I think that this is a very deep TE draft and we can get a very good prospect in the second or third rounds.

641050[/snapback]

they might be good, but none look as dominant as davis.

with such a high pick, we need a dominant guy.

The Bills don't need another project TE, they need a starting/game breaker TE the Davis is being described as. If they don't take Davis at #8, I don't think they take a TE at all in the draft.

If its between Ngata and Davis, I say Davis, there are still good DT's later in the draft, and I don't think Ngata is that much better then the rest of them (not saying he isn't good or the best available at his position, just that he is maybe 1 or 2 notches above the others) Davis is hands down, the best TE available in the draft and is one of the BEst players available in the draft at any position, thats why you take him over Ngata

I think there's a very good chance the Bills will take Davis if he's there.  Royal is for blocking.

641030[/snapback]

Yeah sure, then another smurf WR in round 2 and B in round 3.

LOL

Marv may not be having the Bills best offseason ever, but you'd have to think that he would show up to the draft after having had a pound of shrooms for breakfast to draft like that with our needs.

Yeah sure, then another smurf WR in round 2 and B in round 3. 

LOL 

Marv may not be having the Bills best offseason ever, but you'd have to think that he would show up to the draft after having had a pound of shrooms for breakfast to draft like that with our needs.

641130[/snapback]

Amen brother. Amazing how quick we as fans turn from "its the lines stupid" to this skill player is truly exceptional and while i know the lines need work, we can't pass on this game changing skill player. Man, makes my head spin.

I've siad it before, I'm die hard Terps fan and I watch almost every game. Davis is very good, but he AIN"T no blocker, at least not yet. Can he become one, most definetly yes! But he ain't there now and we need blockers of any kind!!!!!!!!

Now if hes there at 8, i know I 'd be looking at a willing trade partner, cause his stock be mighty high cause of a combine workout(jeez) and I believe some one will overpay

Buffalo's offence will be a 2 TE offence, one for blocking (Royal) and a receiving TE (Basically another WR in a different position). Davis fits that role really well and if available at 8, would be the best player available regardless of position. TE is still a need for the Bills (not as big as the lines, but there are 7 other picks in a draft deep with lineman)

If the Bills don't get Davis, They will probably stick with Everett cause he will be pretty much the same as any other TE from the draft, an unproven rookie looking to be a starter.

As for last year being a 2 TE offence, Did we even have any TE's on the field??? I don't remember seeing any

Many experts say Vernon Davis is the best TE propect in years.  Given that we need a threat besides evans and o line help (a TE is part of teh o line and Davis can apparently block and catch and we have a had a string that could do neither) and this kid has a good chance to drop to us why would we pay good money to have a guy who was not even Washington's best TE?  (That would be Chris cooley).  I think that passing him up will be viewed in retrospect as extremely foolish.  I hope I'm wrong.

640916[/snapback]

If Davis is as amazing as you describe, he will be long gone by the Bills pick.

No, last year was a 2 TE offense. We have a new coach and coordinator this year. I didn't see the Rams running a lot of 2 TE formations, and we have about 12 WRs on the roster now.

641220[/snapback]

Martz's offense might not have focused as much on two-TE sets, but I'd guess that Fairchild's will include a lot more of it:

BN - February 3, 2006

"I like Steve because I like his background," Jauron said. "I like the variety of ways he's coached. I'm a big believer in the fact you've got to do it all to win in our league. You've got to be able to throw it creatively but you've got to be able to run it. He's had a background in both."

If Davis is as amazing as you describe, he will be long gone by the Bills pick.

641302[/snapback]

if you look at the teams ahead of us, IMO, only 2 have a shot at drafting Davis.

RB-Bush

OT-Ferguson

QB- Leinart

QB-Young

OLB-Hawlk

DE-Williams

will all probubly go before davis.

I think there is virtually no chance the Bills draft Davis.

641436[/snapback]

OK. I have no problem with your take. Here's the thing. If they take him, you're wrong and I look good. if they don't take him, you're right...but, I'm OK, because I never said they WOULD take him...just there is a good chance.

But...you're the "Gambler".