Duke knocked out of NCAA tournament

As the old saying goes, I have two favorite teams...UNC and whoever is playing Duke. My lasting memories from this season will be an overachieving Tar Heel squad ruining senior night for Redick and Williams, and Duke's "can't miss" team failing to reach the Elite 8.

The Tar Heels of 2006-07 will be a force to be reckoned with.

[LAMP] I have LSU-West Virginia in the regional finals in my bracket. I should be awarded 1st place automatically if WV ends up winning this game.

Anyway, this is not much of a surprise. Reddick typically plays like Peyton Manning in the postseason and they were basically a 2man team to begin with.

Redick was just awful all night. It's too bad his college career ended with a game like that.

I thought the turning point in the game was when Duke after trailing most of the game was up 45-40. Redick had a WIDE open 3, missed it and Texas came back down and hit a 3 of their own. Instead of 48-40, it was 45-43.

Redick was just awful all night.  It's too bad his college career ended with a game like that.

I thought the turning point in the game was when Duke after trailing most of the game was up 45-40.  Redick had a WIDE open 3, missed it and Texas came back down and hit a 3 of their own.  Instead of 48-40, it was 45-43.

641272[/snapback]

What about the 19 times he tried to drive and had it stripped/blocked?

Redick was just awful all night.  It's too bad his college career ended with a game like that.

I thought the turning point in the game was when Duke after trailing most of the game was up 45-40.  Redick had a WIDE open 3, missed it and Texas came back down and hit a 3 of their own.  Instead of 48-40, it was 45-43.

641272[/snapback]

That's Tar Heel Karma, baby. A couple of weeks ago, against my better judgment, I wrote a glowing assessment of JJ the basketball player.

Shazam! Out of the tournament, and out of the ACC forever.

My next assignment -- a retrospective on the marvelous coaching and people skills of Coach K.

:blush:

The Era of Roy is upon us!

641272[/snapback]

Duke was playing both LSU and Texas?! No wonder they lost.

:blush:

The Tar Heels of 2006-07 will be a force to be reckoned with.

640863[/snapback]

I don't think anyone can argue that. I'm just hoping Leiato's first year wasn't a fluke and the Hoo's can play the spoiler role next year.

I don't think anyone can argue that.  I'm just hoping Leiato's first year wasn't a fluke and the Hoo's can play the spoiler role next year.

641458[/snapback]

The ACC is a better league when more teams put forth the sort of effort Virginia did last year. Leiato is a good coach for the ACC; he just needs some better players.

641272[/snapback]

But it isnt. I could watch JJ redick p,ay that terrible all the time and never shed a tear.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Redick! and next year is the year of the Tar Heel!