Bills pick up Antonio Gates.....

CJPearl2

Whoooo! Lets ignore the gaping hole at DT, OT and OG and go for a TE! Whoooo!

Drafting skill players has worked so well the last few years, why ruin what we got going on here?

We need grunts, plain and simple. We need boring but effective picks in the draft, screw the sexy flavor of the month picks. Drafting a TE would only mean Losman has another option to LOOK at before he's run over by incoming defensive linemen.

Whoooo!  Lets ignore the gaping hole at DT, OT and OG and go for a TE!  Whoooo!

Drafting skill players has worked so well the last few years, why ruin what we got going on here?

We need grunts, plain and simple.  We need boring but effective picks in the draft, screw the sexy flavor of the month picks.  Drafting a TE would only mean Losman has another option to LOOK at before he's run over by incoming defensive linemen.

640590[/snapback]

With Moulds likely gone next season and the Bills being last in the NFL in red zone offense and third down efficiency drafting a player like Davis would no doubt do wonders for our team. Yes there's a gaping hole in the defense, but what about our being last in the NFL in the redzone and in converting third downs?

The Bills will be able to find a possible DT starter in the 2nd round, but they won't find anything that will fix the worst offense in the league. That's for damn sure. IMO Davis is by far the better prospect between him and Ngata. With Moulds likely gone, the hole at DT will take a backseat to the hole in the offense.

Having a great TE will help the Bills. We need someone young and strong to help the QB's get off the turf.

You can have Gates, Moss and LT on the offense. If the QB can't get them the ball because he's on his back then what does it matter?

I've seen teams with average QB's win the SB. I have yet to see a team with an average offensive line win one. Which is why the Bills are in trouble unless they seriously start to address the problem. :lol:

Having a great TE will help the Bills. We need someone young and strong to help the QB's get off the turf.

You can have Gates, Moss and LT on the offense. If the QB can't get them the ball because he's on his back then what does it matter?

I've seen teams with average QB's win the SB. I have yet to see a team with an average offensive line win one. Which is why the Bills are in trouble unless they seriously start to address the problem.  :lol:

640671[/snapback]

Unfortunately the Bills will not be able to address this need with the 8th pick unless they're going to reach on an offensive lineman or if Dbrick falls to them, which he won't.

What offensive lineman would you want the Bills to take at #8?

Unfortunately the Bills will not be able to address this need with the 8th pick unless they're going to reach on an offensive lineman or if Dbrick falls to them, which he won't.

640691[/snapback]

Let's trade up to 4 and take Mike Williams :lol:

640691[/snapback]

I would like the Bills to trade down. Maybe thier 1st and 2nd for Denvers two #1's. If that is possible I think the Bills could go back to back on the line. McNeil from Auburn (6-9 335) then come back with Giles from Georgia (plays gaurd and tackle).

It would be suicide for the Bills to think win now. Long term the Bills the need five new starters on the offensive line. None of the returning players or any of the ones signed this off season are long term solutions. I'd like to see the Bills use there first three picks on the O-line.

You have McGahee. Take the next two season he's under contract for and find out if he can carry the mail. No running back in the league was hit more behind the line of scrimmage then he was. Let's see what he's got before a decision on resigning him has to be made. :lol:

We need grunts, plain and simple.  We need boring but effective picks in the draft, screw the sexy flavor of the month picks.  Drafting a TE would only mean Losman has another option to LOOK at before he's run over by incoming defensive linemen.

640590[/snapback]

Amen, brother. While at times it's ok to take the best player available we have just too many needs right now that were exposed once our whipping boy (DB) was cut. Sad but true.

1. Michael Huff, S from of Texas

2. Nick Mangold, C from Ohio State

3. Taitusi Lutui, OG from USC

3. Dusty Dvoracek, DT from Oklahoma

4. Hank Baskett, WR from New Mexico

5. Bruce Gradkowski, QB from Toledo

6. Cedric Humes, RB from V-Tech

7. David Pittman, CB from Northwestern State

I don't mean to anger you, but don't be critical of a persons post, if you ignore the three things you mentioned in the first round. at least Davis can line up on the line, that is unless you feel that huff is a lineman in a CB's body.

640590[/snapback]

Isn't that a little hypocritical considering who you have the Bills drafting in your signature mock draft?

With Moulds likely gone next season and the Bills being last in the NFL in red zone offense and third down efficiency drafting a player like Davis would no doubt do wonders for our team. Yes there's a gaping hole in the defense, but what about our being last in the NFL in the redzone and in converting third downs?

The Bills will be able to find a possible DT starter in the 2nd round, but they won't find anything that will fix the worst offense in the league. That's for damn sure. IMO Davis is by far the better prospect between him and Ngata. With Moulds likely gone, the hole at DT will take a backseat to the hole in the offense.

640597[/snapback]

Man, posts like this frustrate the hell out of me.. while I don't entirely disagree that the offense needs help.. it's all about the lines! You don't build a respectable team by getting skill position players first, and linemen second. No one knows how good J.P., Willis or any damned receiver on this team for that matter, can be, because we haven't had a decent line since the "Glory Days". It's time for Bills fans to come to terms with the idea that this team is going to be 6-10 next year, (at the very best) regardless of who we draft or sign in free agency. Good teams are not made over night, it will take 2-3 seasons. Those that are made overnight, never last.

Man, posts like this frustrate the hell out of me..  while I don't entirely disagree that the offense needs help.. it's all about the lines! You don't build a respectable team by getting skill position players first, and linemen second. No one knows how good J.P., Willis or any damned receiver on this team for that matter, can be, because we haven't had a decent line since the "Glory Days". It's time for Bills fans to come to terms with the idea that this team is going to be 6-10 next year, (at the very best) regardless of who we draft or sign in free agency. Good teams are not made over night, it will take 2-3 seasons. Those that are made overnight, never last.

640992[/snapback]

No one doubts the Bills would be lucky to hit the 6 win mark. The problem is that this free agency period would have been a nice starting point for the rebuilding. You don't rebuild with other teams scrubs which appears to be the Bills plan. Youa re right that it will take years to rebuild this team. A lot of us are just wondering when they will start. :lol:

640590[/snapback]

I've got my aluminum foil hat on and I'm starting to pick up the signal, too.

This game is not about blocking and tackling. It's about vertical leaps and 40 times in shorts and track cleats. And the QB.

:blush:

Man, posts like this frustrate the hell out of me..  while I don't entirely disagree that the offense needs help.. it's all about the lines! You don't build a respectable team by getting skill position players first, and linemen second. No one knows how good J.P., Willis or any damned receiver on this team for that matter, can be, because we haven't had a decent line since the "Glory Days". It's time for Bills fans to come to terms with the idea that this team is going to be 6-10 next year, (at the very best) regardless of who we draft or sign in free agency. Good teams are not made over night, it will take 2-3 seasons. Those that are made overnight, never last.

640992[/snapback]

Last time I checked there were 7 rounds to the draft, and Buffalo still has 7 picks after the #8. Plenty of time to get decent help for the lines, rather then take a reach at #8 to get a Lineman. When you draft in the top 10, you don't reach for a player, you take the best player available or get out of the spot.

I guess everyone is getting a hardon for Ngata no that they have gone limp from the ones they had for Hutch and Bentley, and most recently Niel

Last time I checked there were 7 rounds to the draft, and Buffalo still has 7 picks after the #8. Plenty of time to get decent help for the lines, rather then take a reach at #8 to get a Lineman. When you draft in the top 10, you don't reach for a player, you take the best player available or get out of the spot.

I guess everyone is getting a hardon for Ngata no that they have gone limp from the ones they had for Hutch and Bentley, and most recently Niel

641141[/snapback]

Here, here

641141[/snapback]

Exactly. Can anybody name a position on this team that cannot be upgraded? OK, we're set at punter. But, otherwise, drafting a stud, regardless of position, only improves this team.

I would like the Bills to trade down. Maybe thier 1st and 2nd for Denvers two #1's. If that is possible I think the Bills could go back to back on the line. McNeil from Auburn (6-9 335) then come back with Giles from Georgia (plays gaurd and tackle).

It would be suicide for the Bills to think win now. Long term the Bills the need five new starters on the offensive line. None of the returning players or any of the ones signed this off season are long term solutions. I'd like to see the Bills use there first three picks on the O-line.

You have McGahee. Take the next two season he's under contract for and find out if he can carry the mail. No running back in the league was hit more behind the line of scrimmage then he was. Let's see what he's got before a decision on resigning him has to be made.  :blush:

640774[/snapback]

If we were to trade down for 2 first round picks I'd take a DT and a OT, then a OG in the 2nd round.