Tom Ashworth signs with Seahawks

-- Seahawks; Ashworth Agree to Contract --

Thu Mar 23, 2006

The Boston Globe reports free-agent OT Tom Ashworth, who emerged from practice squad player to starter in four seasons with the Patriots, has agreed to terms on a deal with the Seahawks. Ashworth’s agent, Tom Mills, confirmed the agreement in principle.

in this off season of Bills fans being beside themselves with every FA that signs with another team.....this is a guy i am really really glad the Bills did not go after.

Neal on the other hand....I sort of think he would be a very nice addition.

I thought I heard on NFL Network this morning (Adam Shefter) that the Seahawks were $18 million under the cap right now. How is that possible with the Walter Jones contract, Matt Hasselbeck contract, Shaun Alexander contract, Rocky Bernard contract, etc, etc, etc.????????????

Seahawks | Ashworth agrees to terms

Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:04:48 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Seattle Seahawks have agreed to terms with free agent OT Tom Ashworth (Partiots) on a five-year deal. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Ashworth is expected to be paid about $4.5 million in the first year.

Seahawks are my #2 team...I like this move for them...They had to get somebody to ease the pain of Hutch leaving. I just hope Kenny "the hammer" Hamlin recovers and is well enough to play next year.

GO BILLS!....then Go Hawks!

640570[/snapback]

#2 teams = RJ