Bills/Denver Trade

marck

I reviewed the NFL point value chart and for a viable trade between Denver and the Bills to take place with the exchange of the Bills 8th spot with Denver at the 15th spot. The points value for each is as follows:

8th pick = 1400 points

15th pick = 1050 points

To make the points add up Denver would have to add 2nd and 4th round picks in this years draft to make this an equitable trade.

So if the trade was our 1st round pick for Denver's 1st, 2nd and 4th round pick, would you make the deal.

I reviewed the NFL point value chart and for a viable trade between Denver and the Bills to take place with the exchange of the Bills 8th spot with Denver at the 15th spot.  The points value for each is as follows:

8th pick = 1400 points

15th pick = 1050 points

To make the points add up Denver would have to add 2nd and 4th round picks in this years draft to make this an equitable trade.

So if the trade was our 1st round pick for Denver's 1st, 2nd and 4th round pick, would you make the deal.

640300[/snapback]

So maybe the idea of their 2 firsts for Moulds and the #8 wasn't beyond possibility?

640300[/snapback]

I would still make the trade. There's plenty of players to be had in this draft and that 2nd round pick would be great for adding depth to the Bills.

I reviewed the NFL point value chart and for a viable trade between Denver and the Bills to take place with the exchange of the Bills 8th spot with Denver at the 15th spot.  The points value for each is as follows:

8th pick = 1400 points

15th pick = 1050 points

640300[/snapback]

Dunno. DEN picks at #29 in the 2nd round AFAIK.

8th pick = 1400 points

15th pick = 1050 points

640300[/snapback]

Hell yes!! In a "New York Minute"

So maybe the idea of their 2 firsts for Moulds and the #8 wasn't beyond possibility?

640303[/snapback]

Yes, it is still beyond possibility. The value of the #15 and #29 cominbed is 1690 points, which is still less than the 1800 that the #8 is rated as. So, in essence, it would be like paying the Broncos to take Moulds.

Here is a link.

8th pick = 1400 points

15th pick = 1050 points

640300[/snapback]

I think we would have to say yes to that. We will still get an impact player in the first round and a quality lineman or safety prospect in the second. Where do I sign?

640300[/snapback]

Absoutley. The #15 pick would allow the Bills to snag a very good DT or OT. Then the Bills would have two 2nds, two 3rds, and two 4ths. The draft pary would be a whole of fun then.

Yes, it is still beyond possibility. The value of the #15 and #29 cominbed is 1690 points, which is still less than the 1800 that the #8 is rated as. So, in essence, it would be like paying the Broncos to take Moulds.

Here is a link.

640321[/snapback]

But the #8 pick is worth 1400, not 1800, so it's a perfect fit IMO :doh:

Here is a link.

640321[/snapback]

Isn't the 8th pick rated a 1400?

Here is a link.

640321[/snapback]

Actually, the 29th pick now belongs to the Jets. I believe the Broncos other first rounder is #22. This makes the deal more attractive to us but also less likely to happen.

Here is a link.

640321[/snapback]

I still think that we could trade Moulds for the #15 pick; just in experience alone that would be beneficial for the Broncos. If something like this could happen then we could turn around and trade the #8 and #15 to New Orleans for the #2 overall selection, in which case we take Ferguson. A seasoned veteran like Moulds could give Denver what they are looking for to make a run at a Superbowl this year in the win for me now league that is.

But the #8 pick is worth 1400, not 1800, so it's a perfect fit IMO  :huh:

640330[/snapback]

OK, OK, I cannot read simple numbers. :doh:

But that means you're trading Moulds for a late third, early fourth. Right? I think he worth more.

OK, OK, I cannot read simple numbers.  :doh:

But that means you're trading Moulds for a late third, early fourth. Right? I think he worth more.

640356[/snapback]

Were getting close :huh:

I'm trading Moulds and our #8 for both of Denver's 1st round picks (15 and 22). No thirds or 4ths invloved.

Oh I see what you're getting at... Yeah I guess this would equate to trading EM for a lower 2nd rounder. :(

8th pick = 1400 points

15th pick = 1050 points

640300[/snapback]

NEVER!!!! This could be one of the worst trade ideas. The Bills should not even consider this move. :doh:

NEVER!!!!  This could be one of the worst trade ideas.  The Bills should not even consider this move. :doh:

640394[/snapback]

Why not? It seems like a good move to me -- only drop seven spots and gain two more picks in a draft deep at the position we need.

I have put this in a few other places, but Ill post it again here. Do you honestly think GMs around the league use this board as the letter of the law. If Cutler drops to number 8 with us, and lets just say that the Lions at 9 and Cards at 10 both want Cutler. If the Broncos want Cutler they will have to pony up and pay for him,(forget Moulds he is worth a 3rd or 4th rounder at best). The Broncos picks at 15 and 22 is all they could offer because dropping down with either the Lions or Cards would only be one or two spots if they tossed in just a third rounder it would be worth more then the 15 of the first and 29th pick of the second round. The chart may or may not be used as a guidline(or it could be a good sales ploy to make people feel more involved in a pickem contest), but if you want someone you go get him. Just as if the Bills want to trade down and get Ferguson they probably would have to pay more then the chart would say because he is a valuable commodity. Let me brake it down this way, if I go up to Canada and the exchange rate is 88 cents for each dollar, and I meet a guy at the border who has ten dollars and is offering to sell it to me for 9 U.S., I then have to decide how much time is the extra 20 cents worth to me, how long is the line, if I wait in said line is the line for customs going to get longer. The same with Football the Broncos would have to decide if they would like to wait to get the QB of the Future, or pony up and get him now.