8 may be interesting

From what I am seeing here and hearing on NFL Radio and elsewhere we may get to number 7 and have the following to choose from:

Ngata, Williams, Huff, Young, Davis, Bunckley, Winston. Assuming no trade down and a forced choice of one of the above, who do you go with and why?

For me its Ngata, but against that is the fact that we have signed one DT and this draft is very strong in DT's and I could see us drafting a good DT in the second and third round. Also Williams is one hell of a defensive end and would strengthen the line in an area where we are mediocre. Winston and Bunckley are real stretches for a number 8 pick. Hawk is a stud worthy of top ten status but he is a linebacker when we need help now on the lines. Davis would be a plus for the offense as a receiver and pass blocker, although he isn't a gaurd or tackle. It didn't really occur to me that Young would slip to eight, and I still find it hard to believe, but he has to be considered if he does slip that far.

After all that waffling and wavering...I've got to stick with Ngata.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Davis, Best player available at that point not just player at his position. Without Moulds he could gives us that other passing threat we need to take the pressure off of Evans and give us a real TE the Bills have missed for years.

Huff would be another choice or Williams (if your talking bout super Mario who I thought wouldn't last past the top 4)

i'd say williams is a MUCH stronger prospect than Ngata. not that Ngata doesn't look solid, it is just that williams is a julius peppers type of talent.

combine that with your point of the depth at DT (and that alone makes me happy to drop out of number 8 if williams is gone and ngata is there) and i'd jump all over williams and still think i can get solid DTs in the 2nd and 3rd

First off, I would draft Davis because he would instantly add an element to our offense every opposing team would have to account for, which is something very hard to acquire. With Moulds's representitive promising his client will never play for Buffalo again, I think Davis is a great way to allow the Bills to just stick with the WRs currently on the roster.

All that said, I would draft D'Brick before Davis simply because of the rarity of being able to draft a franchise left tackle, and because OT is such a big need for the Bills.

And I would probably take Mario Williams before Davis as well, but I am quite sure he will be gone. I just think he is going to be the biggest difference maker in the '06-'07 season among rookies. I see him as defensive rookie of the year and Davis as the offensive ROY.

Now, Tennesee, you said you'd draft Ngata because we need a DT. This is true, but tell us why Ngata. I really have a lot of questions as to how he fits into the system the Bills are publicly saying they will implement next season.

first and foremost, whatever system the Bills want to run next year will have to stop the run. No one is going to design their offense to accomodate our defensive system. If there is an intent to go to the cover 2 the common consisnes to beat the cover 2 is a power running game up the middle. That is where we have our worse weakness. Ngata is a big power back but a very athletic big guy with speed, the vertical leap and the brains to make a huge difference right away. He is a very good pass rusher and he gives us the power in the middle to address the power runners...Linebackers and safeties..no matter who they are...aren't going to consistently stop opponents from moving the chains...eating up the clock (remember our first super bowl) and scoring touchdowns. On the other hands Mario Williams just might be the best defensive lineman to come down the pike, could greatly strengthen the defensive line as an entity and we could get very good defensive tackles (mahelona of Tennessee comes to mind for some reason) in later rounds. Tough choice...I like Davis too...but I still go with Ngata.

I'd go with Davis because he is one of those game changing players that teams will have to game plan for. Although I do think our interior defensive line is in dire straits and is the biggest need position, I also think that having a player like Davis will help this team play ball control and have much better red zone success. These two factors will help out our defense.

1.) Houston - Reggie Bush

2.) New Orleans - Mario Williams

3.) Tennessee - Matt Leinart

4.) New York - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

5.) Green Bay - A.J. Hawk

6.) San Francisco - Vernon Davis

7.) Oakland - Haloti Ngata

8.) Buffalo - Vince Young

Say whatever you wish, but that's how it's going down barring no trades. Especially now that Oakland has their QB in Brooks.

With Ngata, Ferguson, Williams, and Davis off the board; Young is the pick if Marv doesn't like Losman. Which is obvious at this point.

If it comes down to Vince Young vs. Michael Huff, Winston Justice, or Tamba Hali; there's no doubt. Unless it's Jay Cutler.

Other than Reggie Bush or D'Brickashaw Ferguson, there's NO player in this draft that I'd take over Mario Williams.  None.

639999[/snapback]

I didn't realize he had Williams available, I'd take Williams over Davis. No way he's there at number 8 though.

Say whatever you wish, but that's how it's going down barring no trades. Especially now that Oakland has their QB in Brooks.

With Ngata, Ferguson, Williams, and Davis off the board; Young is the pick if Marv doesn't like Losman. Which is obvious at this point.

If it comes down to Vince Young vs. Michael Huff, Winston Justice, or Tamba Hali; there's no doubt. Unless it's Jay Cutler.

640007[/snapback]

Marv will like Young even less.

There is ZERO chance that the overly conservative Marv and Jouron will draft Vince Young - even if they determine all of our QBs are worthless. - Cutler maybe.

Young is another QB with great physical tools but not enough gray matter to execute at the NFL level on a consistent basis.

Yes Young was dropping after supposed bad Wonderlic score, but he had a good proday and is climbing again.(I dont think GMs listen to the Gurus and with the exceptions of maybe a couple slots guys will go to teams who want them based on their skills rather then by these tests. Wonderlic and prodays I think can only help decide between a couple of guys you are close on your teams bored. That being said if you do poorly everywhere at Indy and your proday, and had a lousy senior bowl then you could definatly drop, but if you have a bad day at one or the other teams will probably overlook that.) Oh and stay away from Nittney Lions D-Lineman

With all due respect, any talk of Mario Williams being available at 8 has to stop now. Seriously, it's a waste of time.

He is going to be the 2nd player picked in the draft, if he is even there at 4 the Jets will consider it the steal of the draft and sing folk songs about him.

Even the Jets fans at the draft will be happy.

With all due respect, any talk of Mario Williams being available at 8 has to stop now.  Seriously, it's a waste of time.

He is going to be the 2nd player picked in the draft, if he is even there at 4 the Jets will consider it the steal of the draft and sing folk songs about him.

Even the Jets fans at the draft will be happy.

640096[/snapback]

You're probably right, though not about the Jets fans @ the draft being happy.

640007[/snapback]

I could see the first seven going as you project, but there is no way the Bills draft Young. The Bills have way too much invested in the three QBs already on the roster. Plus, Marv has said numerous times that he wants to win now. Young will not be a difference maker in the way the Bills need in his rookie year. I would think the Bills either try to trade down or take Bunkely or Huff if things pan out like you project.

I see the Jets taking a QB. The Pack will take Hawk. The Niners Davis and possibly Oakland the other QB or Ngata. You laugh but I think there's a real chance D'Brick falls to us.

1- Bush

2 - Mario

3 - Leinart

4 - Cutler

5 - Hawk

6 - Davis or Huff

7- Young or Ngata

8 - D'Brick?