Origins of PPP posters...

TPS

640141[/snapback]

P.S. Berkeley is money now and so is the area, when money is involved people tend to get more conservative, not all bad, but they try and protect their possession and therefore want to jail left wingnuts etc. Hence, Berkeley has gotten a lot more conservative, go there sometime. There are street people yes, but you can't touch a house for under 7 figures.

640218[/snapback]

For your info, the average house in the whole bay area is almost 600K. That isn't that much here.

Sounds to me like you visited it once and don't live in the area.

P.S. Berkeley is money now and so is the area, when money is involved people tend to get more conservative, not all bad, but they try and protect their possession and therefore want to jail left wingnuts etc. Hence, Berkeley has gotten a lot more conservative, go there sometime. There are street people yes, but you can't touch a house for under 7 figures.

640218[/snapback]

For your info, the average house in the whole bay area is almost 600K. That isn't that much here.

640225[/snapback]

No I don't, visitied a few times, was toddler there. However, I just know that my brother lives there and is trying to buy something bigger than a two bedroom and can't afford it. When you say 600,000 are you refering to single family? Or are condos included. If not we are probably not far off. I was referring to single family homes, condos shouldn't count, they are just glorified apartments and should be differentiated from that calculus. I just did a quick search and couldn't find any 3 bedrooms bigger than 2,000 sq ft for under 795,000.

That was not even median. Sorry, I have a family now, and should have been more specific. Even a median at 639,000 median is pretty high. Compared to DC an area I recently lived in, it is expensive and DC area has been getting more expensive quickly lately.

Wing, go visit sometime, the conservatives own it now, the lefties are homeless on the street corners.  It by and large has turned into a shopping plaza with upscale coffee shops.  Oh sure there are closet liberals who have made money, but they keep their mouths shut.  Berkeley is conservative, look at Scott Peterson...in Shiite Iraq it would have been no problem doing what he did and he almost got away with it here.

640108[/snapback]

I dunno about that...

How Berkely Can You Be?

I dunno about that...

How Berkely Can You Be?

640253[/snapback]

Yep I saw that, one little parade...even D.C. allows drag races even under Bush. So what. But I should probably stop digging at this point. I will only say that Berkeley compared to what it once was is a lot more conservative, not mid-west bible belting conservative, but...the mormons are recruiting.

640225[/snapback]

No I don't, visitied a few times, was toddler there. However, I just know that my brother lives there and is trying to buy something bigger than a two bedroom and can't afford it. When you say 600,000 are you refering to single family? Or are condos included. If not we are probably not far off. I was referring to single family homes, condos shouldn't count, they are just glorified apartments and should be differentiated from that calculus. I just did a quick search and couldn't find any 3 bedrooms bigger than 2,000 sq ft for under 795,000.

That was not even median. Sorry, I have a family now, and should have been more specific. Even a median at 639,000 median is pretty high. Compared to DC an area I recently lived in, it is expensive and DC area has been getting more expensive quickly lately.

640245[/snapback]

The figure i gave included condos. They start at about 300K! People ask me why I don't have a house. My rent for a two-bedroom 1000 sq ft apartment is higher than the mortgages of most of the people I know in Buffalo.

In the continuing example how a journalist's bias may sway public opinion, let's have a reading class.

Which of the following word clusters carries a more positive conotation to a reader unfamiliar with a topic?

..  whiny .... rigid .. traditional ... uncomfortable .. ambiguity.

vs

... confident ... hanging loose  ... bright ... non-conforming ... wide interests... .. outgoing  ... a little introspective.

And you don't even need to know the actual topic of the article.

1. How did he "almost get away with it"?  Is there anyone in the world who believed his goofy alibi?

2. What in the hell does our legal system have to do with Shiite Iraq?  What kind of inverted reality are you living in where Berkely is conservative and the proof is that he almost got away with a murder that may not have been a problem in a muslim theocracy?  If anything, aren't the conservatives in this country the people who favor tougher sentences for criminals?  I mean, I wasn't born in Berkeley, but what you just said makes no sense on any level.

640141[/snapback]

Exhibit A

:doh:

:blush::lol:

In the continuing example how a journalist's bias may sway public opinion, let's have a reading class.

Which of the following word clusters carries a more positive conotation to a reader unfamiliar with a topic?

vs

And you don't even need to know the actual topic of the article.

640413[/snapback]

But that is what the study indicated?

:blush::lol:

Now it would be biased if they changed over the words.

The proof is in the pudding. You call it bias.

:doh::P;)