John Riggins on Sirius Radio about Bills QBs

kota

Different QB's have different styles. You would bring in another Journeyman QB who has the same style as the starter so if the starter goes down, the backup can come in and the same playbook can be used.

Holcomb and Losman were 2 different styles of QB and that means the Bills would need to have plays for Holcomb to run and JP to run to suit their styles. Thats why one would do well in a game while the other would struggle.

636602[/snapback]

My question is why waste cap space to find a backup QB who plays like JP now. We have so many holes, especially on O-line, and we don't have many cap room left (6-8 million?)

We are not going to be a contender in near future and will get a better idea of JP's ability next season. Why not address a QB problem like this next offseason? JP may not even be our starter then.

Cutting Holcomb is stupid.

Having one veteran QB on the roster is a must, even if he rides the bench.

Somewhere Holcomb's Arm is talking softly to his lifesize holcomb cutout and beginning to sob.

636577[/snapback]

It also depends on what they mean by "odd man out". The consensus seems to be that Nall was promised to at least have an opportunity to compete for the starting job. The question, then, is this a 3-way competition? Assuming that it is, one of the 3 would have to wind up as the #3 QB on the depth chart. Maybe that's what Riggo meant by "odd man out" -- that Holcomb was destined to be the third string QB and that the starting job will either go to JP or Nall.

:lol:  :lol:

636639[/snapback]

Clements man, that Tecmo screen shot avatar is, as the kids like to say, Da Bomb. :lol:

I'll never forget the season I played where "QB Bills" had a 100% completion rating, and the Bills crushed everybody they played.... in between chapters of my dissertation. Ah memories... :P

Well Randy Cross and John Riggins don't understand why the Bills didn't call Jon Kitna.

ROFL.

636644[/snapback]

You guys gotta get it right, it was Adam Shein not John Riggins that said this.

Shein sounds like Riggo. John Riggins has been replaced by Randy Cross on the "Afternoon Drive". :lol:

You guys gotta get it right, it was Adam Shein not John Riggins that said this.

Shein sounds like Riggo. John Riggins has been replaced by Randy Cross on the "Afternoon Drive". :lol:

636759[/snapback]

Shein is the guy that introduces the callers on "Sirius NFL ra-di-yoooo", correct? (Still getting up to speed with the new toy... but it didn't take long for that to start annoying me.)

If Holcomb is the odd man out, I would atleast like to see them bring in another journeyman backup just in case.

As much as I don't wanna see Holcomb the starter, I like him as the teams backup. I don't get nervous and think the game is over if the starter comes out of the game and Holcomb has to come in.

636527[/snapback]

Last few seasons I've been doing that before the game starts. Less pressure.

hopefully, the Bills will accumulate 3 QBs who have similar styles and all fit within the framework of teh offense that FAirchild will run.

Never could understand why Teflon got the dink and dunk Holcomb to match with JP.

The 2 QBs ran totally different offenses which created a mess whenever one needed to sub.

636558[/snapback]

IMHO, you have hit the nail on the head. My personal preference is a QB that dinks and dunks his way down the field (therefore I like Kelly), but I also appreciate the excitement and game breaking ability of a QB who is a "gunslinger type" (ala' JP). However, having a "gunslinger" starter, with a "dunk and dink" back-up (or vice-a-versa) never has made sense to me. If I were an NFL GM (and I'm not), I would build my offense to have a specific personality, either we are a running team, a dink and dunk (read west coast offense), or a go for the juggler, mad bomber type of team.

If the brain trust at One Bills Drive feels that JP is our future (which I suspect is true) they need to mould the team accordingly, back-ups included.

No, its AVP who is the odd man out :devil:

636648[/snapback]

Does anyone have Kerry Collins phone number or is he bellying up to a bar somewhere. I think he would have been a better choice than a career backup. This guy went to a Super Bowl for christ sakes. Plus he probably is in the top five for arm strength in the league. Lets get a clue or draft Cutler and restart this machine.