For Your Viewing Displeasure...

I just don't buy for a minute that the myriad manias that these people are suffering from fit into the democrat/republican schema.  You're talking binary, these people are in some alternate universe.

The more appropriate comparison might be to the so-called militias floating around out there.  The thing is, people don't identify them with the right wing immediately because they don't have an extrovert media presence and they likely look even worse naked.

635976[/snapback]

I'm not so sure they are really to be considered "right wing". More anarchist, than anything.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who even jokingly refers to bringing back the Sedition act as a good idea is preternaturally stupid anyway.  But anyone who advocates bringing it back to apply it to a guy who walks around naked with an inflated scrotum probably...words fail me in describing the comical nature of that idiocy.

635957[/snapback]

Sedition, no way, but I don't really have a problem charging a foreign guy showing off his deformed sack for posing a threat under the Alien Act of 1798. We just don't want that trend to reach a tipping point.

OK, let me make it clear that I don't think that all people who lean to the left are calling for the death of Israel.

Although I stand to the right on foreign policy, I am more of a social libertarian than a social conservative (other than crime issues). Much more.

What I DO assert is that this is a core of the Democratic Party, just as the religious right is a strong Republican constituency. I stand with neither, but I will readily admit that the religious right is easier on the stomach than these wackos. I also think that until the dems distance themselves from these nuts, they will continue to lose elections.

Jmo.

635796[/snapback]

This is the "core of the Democratic Party?" You REALLY need to get out more. This is tanamount to saying neo-nazis are the core of the Republican Party.

"dems distance themselves from these nuts." Besides the crazy Sheehan woman, I highly doubt Democrats are associated with these people. They are communists, anachists and a lot of plain crazy people. They likely think the Dems are no better than the Republicans.

Try not to brush so broadly, you won't be able to stay within the lines and you'll lose credibility.

The right leaning Christian voter has far more sway in the Republican party than the Feingold-Dems do in the Dem party.

635899[/snapback]

I did a quick lunch-time search to make sure that this post was not just opinion on my part.

To whit, from Friday...

Who's drivin' the Red Bus?

Support from the conservative evangelical voting bloc played a critical role in determining President Bush’s two election victories. Their votes also helped Republicans land majority seats in both congressional branches.

At a press briefing in Washington Thursday, prominent evangelical leaders told republican politicians that they “must do more” to address values-voters concerns or risk losing their greatest constituency.

The wheels on the Red Bus go round and round

Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, said that apart from confirming two conservative judges to the Supreme Court, "core values voters" did not feel that Congress was advancing their interests.

We can point fingers all we want a couple of naked people in Berkley CA and make an accusation that the "crazy leftist loons" are running the Dems, but we would be very wrong. The mainstream Dems summarily ignore these idiots.

Yet, who is actually pushing the agenda from the Right? Is it the moderates? Evangelicals got Bush two presidencies. Evangelicals are pushing for school prayer, creationism, eliminating or restricting of all forms of birth control and family planning, and banning same-sex marriage, to name only a few "core family values." Evangelicals are the one's setting up "Values Voters Summits" in an election year.

"Values voters are geared up for the 2006 and 2008 elections and the Washington Briefing will educate and equip them for action,” Perkins wrote in a statement. “…Values voters want change in America and this event will allow leaders to make their case to values voters."
I can't wait to see the guest list for this thing. Wanna bet they're gonna all be Republican politicos?

So let's kick back and continue to laugh at the "radicals" with the swollen scrotums, who only have the power to amuse us, and ignore who's really pushing an agenda.

t a press briefing in Washington Thursday, prominent evangelical leaders told republican politicians that they “must do more” to address values-voters concerns or risk losing their greatest constituency.

Interesting, but lose their greatest constituency to who?

Interesting, but lose their greatest constituency to who?

636289[/snapback]

I believe the implication is that they'll just stay home on election day. However, we'll never know because there is no way in hell the Reps will remove their lips from that teet. The evangelicals are their only hope now that Bush's approval ratings with moderate voters are circling the drain. They will rush straight into the open arms of the Religious Right.

I believe the implication is that they'll just stay home on election day.  However, we'll never know because there is no way in hell the Reps will remove their lips from that teet.  The evangelicals are their only hope now that Bush's approval ratings with moderate voters are circling the drain. They will rush straight into the open arms of the Religious Right.

636296[/snapback]

The playbook will read this: get as many gay referendum/marriage issues on the ballots as possible. Worked last time.

I love watching people try and pretend their wackos are somehow different than the wackos on the other side of the aisle.  Welcome to why I no longer wonder how these clowns stay in power.  Nice work.

636827[/snapback]

At least the loonies on the right don't go walking around with their sacs swinging in the breeze. :devil:

You are behind the times:  "I hate poor people" is the new "I hate gay people".

637717[/snapback]

The message is never "I hate poor people" because you don't want to lose voters. It should always be "There are people poorer than you stealing the money you earned"

As I look at all those photos I am reminded of an episode of The Man Show where they set up a protest table somewhere in LA to recruit people to their cause: ending women's suffrage.

At one point they had three or four women on the street yelling "Stop women's suffrage! Stop women's suffrage!" They were handing out t-shirts and carrying signs and yelling into megaphones as cars would drive by honking their support to end women's suffrage.

One guy finally walks by and says "You know they're making an ass out of you, right?" to which Adam Carrolla responds "See ladies! That's just the kind of guy who is responsible for your suffrage!"

Some people will support any cause as long as they get a chance to have people listen to them. That's why you never see a protester with a nice set of breasts. If they had a nice set of breasts, they wouldn't need to stand in everyone's way just to get their attention.

As I look at all those photos I am reminded of an episode of The Man Show where they set up a protest table somewhere in LA to recruit people to their cause: ending women's suffrage.

At one point they had three or four women on the street yelling "Stop women's suffrage! Stop women's suffrage!" They were handing out t-shirts and carrying signs and yelling into megaphones as cars would drive by honking their support to end women's suffrage.

One guy finally walks by and says "You know they're making an ass out of you, right?" to which Adam Carrolla responds "See ladies! That's just the kind of guy who is responsible for your suffrage!"

Some people will support any cause as long as they get a chance to have people listen to them. That's why you never see a protester with a nice set of breasts. If they had a nice set of breasts, they wouldn't need to stand in everyone's way just to get their attention.

637897[/snapback]

I remember that episode. Friggin hysterical. :P

That's why you never see a protester with a nice set of breasts. If they had a nice set of breasts, they wouldn't need to stand in everyone's way just to get their attention.

637897[/snapback]

I know many protesters with nice breasts. :devil: