You know what Levy bashers

I mean cmon now...these Marv bashers are SO right.....Marv is old, he sucks, he cannot evaluate talent....look at the results....FIRE HIM NOW! JUMP SHIP!!!!!!!  MOVE THE TEAM TO LOS ANGELES NOW!!!!!

Look at Marv's record as a Bills GM:

0-0

I mean look at that record!!! 0 wins!!!!!  I want TD and GW back at LEAST they won a game!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :D

635487[/snapback]

Way to early for this post... what happens if the Bills lose the opener? I can see the signs being carried in the street! Marv = loser :doh:

Wow good responses, you must know so much about football. But yet Levy is in the HOF and GM of a football team, and your here b*tching about him on a message board.

What are the Qualifications for a GM of a football team?

635664[/snapback]

The same as Marv's. None. :doh:

All right already. Since no one else can be bothered, I'll take the responsibility (as only a friend would) and tell you.

You're a moron.

Now, go find that rock and get comfortable under it. And you got a little piece of green something stuck in your front teeth.

635764[/snapback]

I'll add you to the list of posters who can't come up with a reason why Marv is qualified to be the Bills GM. :doh:

A lot of fans used to unconditionally support Donahoe too.  He was untouchable, he had been the GM of the powerful Steelers, he was the GM of a team that went to the Super Bowl, he hired Bill Cowher, he was getting us out of cap hell yada yada yada.  Unfortunately for Donahoe, he made some bad moves and had some bad luck and the very same people who wouldn't stand for him to be criticized were after his head, harrassing his family and putting "For Sale" signs in his HC's yard.  Be a fan, not a FANATIC.

635497[/snapback]

Did you ever read the book called "Friday Night Lights?" It's a story about Texas high school football. The fans put "for sale" signs on the lawns of the coaches when they lost a game to a big rival. And that's in high school. People who do that over a game need some real help.

You can add another '0'. As in '0' difference makers signed during free agency. Couple that with signing a losing coach instead of Mike Sherman? I wish Marv would step down.

Really! Give me a reason, besides being Ralph's buddy, why Marv was signed as GM. What are his qualifications? If you want to go by coaching record? Why not sign Don Shula as GM? He has more wins and SB Rings?

Come on. Give me some reasons besides this sentimental BS.  :lol:

635534[/snapback]

This is not about being sentimental.....this is about a GM to be allowed a CHANCE to succeed before passing judgement..I do not care who the GM is in this situation....you must be an avid E$PN listener, you know, one of those fans who hangs on every word said on Sportscenter etc...you want to be the 1st to tell us Marv was a bad hire etc..you want instant gratification...just like a ESPN lover....how about letting things play out and see what happens on the field before assessing the entire situation?

Nah, I guess having a knee-jerk reaction and deciding that Marv should be fired in 6 minutes is much easier for you :doh:

You can add another '0'. As in '0' difference makers signed during free agency. Couple that with signing a losing coach instead of Mike Sherman? I wish Marv would step down.

635534[/snapback]

This was probably meant to be sarcastic response.

However, the free agent whining we are hearing from Bills fans is the same that we heard from Sabres fans about Darcy last summer.

Apparently not you. :lol:

Donahoe's Steelers hosted as many championship games as Levy's Bills.  The year after he got canned, they hosted another.  Not too shabby.

635532[/snapback]

When I think of "powerful" teams, it usually helps if that team at LEAST got to 1 of the championship games of that sport (Stanley Cup, Super Bowl, World Series etc)...so I guess your definition of powerful is much different :doh:

Wow good responses, you must know so much about football. But yet Levy is in the HOF and GM of a football team, and your here b*tching about him on a message board.

What are the Qualifications for a GM of a football team?

635664[/snapback]

Well if the prerequisite for posting on a football message board is being a GM for a NFL team then you shouldnt be posting either. We should just shut the board down then becuase none of us are employed in a management position of any team.

Guest BackInDaDay
Really! Give me a reason, besides being Ralph's buddy, why Marv was signed as GM. What are his qualifications? If you want to go by coaching record? Why not sign Don Shula as GM? He has more wins and SB Rings?

Come on. Give me some reasons besides this sentimental BS.  :doh:

635534[/snapback]

First off let me say that I don't know where the infamous 'ignore' list is, nor would I ever feel compelled to use it. I come to this message board to hear what other Bills fans are thinking. All Bills fans. If I chose to censor those whose opinions aren't my own, I'd be defeating the purpose of coming here.

To your question...

If you don't already, I think you have to understand that our owner has never felt comfortable aggressively seeking ways to improve his team's on-field performance. Before 'free agency', he could measure the value of his players and control their comings and goings on his terms. The adoption of 'free agency' is viewed by many owners as an opportunity, our owner accepts it as a burden.

I give the last GM credit for convincing him that 'free agency' should be explored as a resource to help improve the club. Unfortunately, this commitment didn't extend to the coaching staff and the results couldn't justify the owner's investment. This disappointing 5 year expedition into unchartered waters has led our owner back into the safe harbour of prudent spending.

Levy's biggest qualification as the Bills GM is his relationship with Ralph Wilson. Together they will seek to build a team within the conservative financial restraints the owner feels most comfortable with. He trusts Levy, and has confidence in his judgement. He has, in effect, hired Levy to keep the boat afloat and out of danger. Levy will not take risks with the owner's money.

It won't be exciting, and it may not be conducive to winning championships, but it's what the owner wants.

As Bills fans we have to wait and see what the GM can do under these parameters. I think if he can at least give the coaches the type of players who will give their best efforts each Sunday, Bills fans will live with that. We always have.

Is Marv awake? Yes, and if this post helps you understand why he's our GM, maybe you'll see fit to cut him some slack, but that's entirely up to you. Either way, we all want the same thing - a hardnosed, competitve football team. Good luck on the board, buddy. Keep posting.

The same as Marv's. None. ;)

635805[/snapback]

Another great response

I asked "What are the qualifications of an NFL GM?" and your answer is none?

Since you also decide to only read what you want I will ask again since I posted reason why Marv is qualified to be a GM, Why don't you give us the reasons why he isn't, Besides the fact that he has never been an NFL GM

Levy's biggest qualification as the Bills GM is his relationship with Ralph Wilson.  Together they will seek to build a team within the conservative financial restraints the owner feels most comfortable with. 

635875[/snapback]

Pardon me if I'm less than thrilled with that statement, despite it's complete "truthiness". Ralph Wilson is acting like this is 1966 and not 2006. Free agency is critical to the success of a modern NFL franchise. If you screw it up, you screw your team for years.

And you don't have to pick up players to f*ck up free agency, either.

Well if the prerequisite for posting on a football message board is being a GM for a NFL team then you shouldnt be posting either. We should just shut the board down then becuase none of us are employed in a management position of any team.

635869[/snapback]

Well if you figured out how to read, you would notice I did not say that being an NFL GM should be a pre-requisite for posting on a message board. I was commenting on this geniuses vast football knowledge he is showing us by giving us more and more Witty posts about how Marv is Overrated and Not Qualified to be a NFL GM and yet he cannot give proof why he is not qualified without saying, he's too old, he was out of the NFL since leaving the Bills (which he has not) or because he has no experience holding that position before. So I simply asked him why an "overrated" HOF fame coach is holding this position, when they could have hired this guy who spends his days crusading on a internet message board

instead of Mike Sherman?

635534[/snapback]

Mike Sherman? 40+posts in two days, all with one hand over Mike Sherman?

Ok, you are a dumbass. You are no longer relevant.

I need to find another self esteem-challenged troll to read, this one is done.

;)

Guest BackInDaDay
Pardon me if I'm less than thrilled with that statement, despite it's complete "truthiness".  Ralph Wilson is acting like this is 1966 and not 2006. Free agency is critical to the success of a modern NFL franchise. If you screw it up, you screw your team for years.

And you don't have to pick up players to f*ck up free agency, either.

635932[/snapback]

Joe, as much as the fans feel they deserve better, if you've been living and dying with this team over a considerable length of time you know this is how our owner runs the club. He's a fiscal conservative. He considers himself a 'league man' to the extent the value of his franchise is tied directly to the value of the league.

He's been willing to sit back and let others take the risks that brought the NFL to it's prominent spot in professional sports. Because of this, he's viewed as a pariah by many, and it's negatively impacted his chances of gaining entrance into Canton.

Levy's in a tough spot, but he knew it when he signed on.

Joe, as much as the fans feel they deserve better, if you've been living and dying with this team over a considerable length of time you know this is how our owner runs the club. He's a fiscal conservative.  He considers himself a 'league man' to the extent the value of his franchise is tied directly to the value of the league. 

He's been willing to sit back and let others take the risks that brought the NFL to it's prominent spot in professional sports.  Because of this, he's viewed as a pariah by many, and it's negatively impacted his chances of gaining entrance into Canton. 

Levy's in a tough spot, but he knew it when he signed on.

636136[/snapback]

Good observation.

I'll add you to the list of posters who can't come up with a reason why Marv is qualified to be the Bills GM. ;)

635806[/snapback]

Why should anyone defend Marv's credibility and qualifications to a troll? Had you been an active member of The Wall in the days just before and after Marv's appointment as GM, you would have seen lively and informed discussion of his qualifications, or lack thereof. Go ahead and seach the archives. If you are truly an interested Bills fan who wants to know what credentials Marv has, then I advise you to go look at those discussions.

But, since I'm pretty sure you're a scum-sucking, brain-dead troll, I won't do the work for you.

BTW, are you a Pats fan or a Fin fan?

Why should anyone defend Marv's credibility and qualifications to a troll?  Had you been an active member of The Wall in the days just before and after Marv's appointment as GM, you would have seen lively and informed discussion of his qualifications, or lack thereof.  Go ahead and seach the archives.  If you are truly an interested Bills fan who wants to know what credentials Marv has, then I advise you to go look at those discussions.

But, since I'm pretty sure you're a scum-sucking, brain-dead troll, I won't do the work for you.

BTW, are you a Pats fan or a Fin fan?

636189[/snapback]

Nice going. Now it will post again.. ;)

When I think of "powerful" teams, it usually helps if that team at LEAST got to 1 of the championship games of that sport (Stanley Cup, Super Bowl, World Series etc)...so I guess your definition of powerful is much different  :lol:

635838[/snapback]

They did, SB XXX. :lol::lol: