Banning Contraception

Contraception including natural family planning instruction and fertility treatments are now banned at public health clinics in Missouri. It just promotes promiscuity among the unwashed. Can't have that.

"The House voted 96-59 to delete the funding for contraception and infertility treatments after Rep. Susan Phillips told lawmakers that anti-abortion groups such as Missouri Right to Life were opposed to the spending.

"If you hand out contraception to single women, we're saying promiscuity is OK as a state, and I am not in support of that," Phillips, R-Kansas City, said in an interview."

Missouri

The vote wasn't even close.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, preventing people from making the responsible choice, contraception & safe sex, is considered by this upside down crew to be promoting personal responsibility.

It is a health clinic for people who have no insurance and can't afford medical care. This is a health issue. Banning contraceptives, even instruction on natural family planning from those clinics, has a very real effect.

For those of us who live in the real world, this will not result in any less sexual activity. While some of you are pointing fingers or bewailing the lack of personal responsibility in the modern world, the rest of us will be trying to figure out what to do with the unwanted babies and increased spread of disease that will result.

Maybe we should shut down drug and alcohol rehab facilities and refuse all health care treatment subsidized in anyway by the government for cancer patients who smoked or anyone whose unhealthy choices contribute to their illnesses.

Funny, preventing people from making the responsible choice, contraception & safe sex, is considered by this upside down crew to be promoting personal responsibility.

It is a health clinic for people who have no insurance and can't afford medical care.  This is a health issue.  Banning contraceptives, even instruction on natural family planning from those clinics, has a very real effect. 

For those of us who live in the real world, this will not result in any less sexual activity.  While some of you are pointing fingers or bewailing the lack of personal responsibility in the modern world, the rest of us will be trying to figure out what to do with the unwanted babies and increased spread of disease that will result. 

Maybe we should shut down drug and alcohol rehab facilities and refuse all health care treatment subsidized in anyway by the government for cancer patients who smoked or anyone whose unhealthy choices contribute to their illnesses.

633115[/snapback]

I just picked up a 12-pack of Trojan condoms for $8.99. Don't give me this crap about not being about not being able to afford it, especially in the light of the fact that diseases and children are a HELL of a lot more expensive than $8.99. The responsible choice is to get the protection instead of the six-pack of beer, the cup of coffee each day, the McDonalds run, etc. It is extremely easy to come up with $8.99, even on the tightest of budgets.

Again...personal responsibility....get some.

It is a health clinic for people who have no insurance and can't afford medical care.  This is a health issue.  Banning contraceptives, even instruction on natural family planning from those clinics, has a very real effect. 

For those of us who live in the real world, this will not result in any less sexual activity.  While some of you are pointing fingers or bewailing the lack of personal responsibility in the modern world, the rest of us will be trying to figure out what to do with the unwanted babies and increased spread of disease that will result. 

633115[/snapback]

Whoa is me. I'm sure you'll send a check to your local Planned Parenthood charity.

Won't someone please lobby the government to provide me a new Z06, because I'd be a less of a boon to society if I had one.

Whoa is me.  I'm sure you'll send a check to your local Planned Parenthood charity.

Won't someone please lobby the government to provide me a new Z06, because I'd be a less of a boon to society if I had one.

633118[/snapback]

You cold-hearted bastard. Didn't you know that all government spending should be based on emotion?

Cutting gov't funding = preventing people from making choices? :D

I don't care for the religious right and their involvement in policy annoys the hell out of me. But your choice of words continues to be unfortunate. Nobody has "banned" contraception or is "preventing people from making a choice". No matter how poor or stupid you are you can still go spend a dollar on a rubber if you need one.

If you want to start a discussion on the merits (or lack thereof) of this issue, then perhaps you'd be better served to stick to the actual issues instead of going hyperbolic on us. Your melodramatic use of language serves to accomplish nothing more than eliciting emotional responses and undermining what may possibly be a valid point.

Cya

633115[/snapback]

i don't care what kind of dress and make up you put on your spin.....it is not "banned".

I just picked up a 12-pack of Trojan condoms for $8.99. Don't give me this crap about not being about not being able to afford it, especially in the light of the fact that diseases and children are a HELL of a lot more expensive than $8.99. The responsible choice is to get the protection instead of the six-pack of beer, the cup of coffee each day, the McDonalds run, etc. It is extremely easy to come up with $8.99, even on the tightest of budgets.

Again...personal responsibility....get some.

633117[/snapback]

8.99 dollars for a 12 pack!! that's awfully expensive!! at least 3 times the price it costs here!

now i know where that anger comes from, the root of that hawkish american attitude, that need to show its power to the rest of the world... when it costs that much to make love you don't do it as often as you should!! :D:D

8.99 dollars for a 12 pack!! that's awfully expensive!! at least 3 times the price it costs here!

now i know  where that anger comes from, the root of that hawkish american attitude, that need to show its power to the rest of the world... when it costs that much to make love you don't do it as often as you should!!  :D  :D

633203[/snapback]

I pay $8.99 for a 12 pack as well. Of course they are Magnums, so they are a bit more pricey....