4 words Bills fans must understand, NOW!

Ah. Panic. Run away. The sky is falling. There's no hope. The end is nigh.

Nice analysis.

I hope the Jets pick Leinart. Rookie meat behind that line. I hope they trade Abraham for Matt Schaub, too.

I'm glad Miami got the injured, end of this career, somewhat overrated, set-the-team back two years Culpepper.

How about next time thinking before hitting the panic button with your forehead?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you're right, but I really expect Losman to struggle even more than last year- if I heard right, we are swithing to a west coast offense, and that is a steep learning curve. Hopefully they stick with him though

629882[/snapback]

The Bills are switching the West Coast offense, since when?

I love the Bills, but I was very worried about the way they kept saying we want to win now( I know they probably said it because it is the PC thing to do, you dont want to say we are going to suck especially just before tickets go on sale). Dont get me wrong I hope we win now but I dont think we can. When they say we want to win now that means they may hold onto expensive aging stars who are well past their prime to make a run at the playoffs, and there is a time to do that- When you are in the playoffs and need one player to get over that hump. We however are not that team, we need alot of help.

I like the moves the Bills have done in free agency because they have went after younger players with upside, players that should be here in 3-5 years when we should be challenging for the SB. I have no fear of Brady, Culpepper, Lienert in our division. Are they good players hell yes( I may get bashed for this but Brady is the new Montana), but to be the man, you have to beat the man. You have to beat greatness in the playoffs if you make it, and you cant be scared of it. The Steelers didnt back down from Peyton did they, hell no they went after him.

I hope the Bills trade down get Winston Justice from USC(there is a reason all those skill position players from that school are 1st round picks) get extra picks and continue to draft offensive and defensive lineman( heck sign Pickett and still draft Wroten in the second round too many D-Lineman is not bad). Then let Losman play the whole year(even if he sucks) then next year make your decision to keep him or let him go.

Finish free agency with another D-Tackle a gaurd and maybe a safety. Then next year and the year after get the game breaker when he can be a game breaker, not when you are putting big money into someone who cant get the ball because the O-Line is not giving time to the QB.

Anyway that is how I feel, rebuilding is ok if you are rebuilding. After all a 1971 Charger that has a new paint job, nice rims, great soundsystem may look nice but is going nowhere without an engine. Please Marv get us an engine.

Nonsense. No one knows what Culpepper's knee is going to do. Is Miami going to be better? Yup..but not all THAT intimidating. We get the offensive and defensive lines straightened out (no small task) and we are definitely in the hunt. The 300 pound elephant in our division is and has been New England, and I'm not sure they are all that improved. I think we have a qb who is learning the system, but needs help and a tight end, and WM is ready to earn his check. We'll be closer to the playoffs this year than last. The biggest liability we had last year, Mularkey, is gone and Jauron will be an improvement. The threat is still New England, the jets aren't going anywhere, and we have to see what we have come the regular season.

wow!...............we didnt have a draft ,free agency isnt over havnt had a mini camp yet and we have no shot at the playoffs??????????? i beg to differ.......looks like marv is doing exactly what he said he would do.he is addressing the defense 1st and then he will probably fix or at least draft for oline help...we already have good skill players on this team just some line help is all thats really needed.go bills in'06

Gotta love the expert analysis.

The Jets will be good just because they might draft Leinart? He'll probably end up being a good or average NFL QB some day, or he could end up being the next Ryan Leaf. He had more talent around him at USC than he will have now on the Jets, and the defenses he will face are much better than Stanford and Arizona State. Do the Jets have anyone in their offense better than Reggie Bush? Nope. The Jets will still be horrible in '06, led by a rookie QB.

The Fish will be twice as good as Buffalo with Culpepper? Come on! They still don't have an O-line, their WRs get hurt a lot, and they just aren't talented. Our 5-11 Bills beat them once last year and led them 21-0 in the other game before Mularkey got stupid. Culpepper is an injured, human turnover waiting to happen. Besides, with Dante and Ricky in the same huddle, a Miami "Love Boat" debacle is an accident waiting to happen.

Take a deep breath, come back in off the ledge, and take your meds!!! :doh:

Gotta love the expert analysis.

The Jets will be good just because they might draft Leinart? He'll probably end up being a good or average NFL QB some day, or he could end up being the next Ryan Leaf. He had more talent around him at USC than he will have now on the Jets, and the defenses he will face are much better than Stanford and Arizona State. Do the Jets have anyone in their offense better than Reggie Bush? Nope. The Jets will still be horrible in '06, led by a rookie QB.

The Fish will be twice as good as Buffalo with Culpepper? Come on! They still don't have an O-line, their WRs get hurt a lot, and they just aren't talented. Our 5-11 Bills beat them once last year and led them 21-0 in the other game before Mularkey got stupid. Culpepper is an injured, human turnover waiting to happen. Besides, with Dante and Ricky in the same huddle, a Miami "Love Boat" debacle is an accident waiting to happen.

Take a deep breath, come back in off the ledge, and take your meds!!!  0:)

630684[/snapback]

The fins are going to be unbelievable even if they don't have and o-line. Look you got to admit it, their o-line is better than ours as of right now. :lol:

Leinhart=instant success apparently. Miami with a very mediocre QB, who by the way was worse than Losman for the first half of the season last year. Relax people, it is MARCH!!! Watch some college hoops, relax and have some fun.

I bet all you all picked Seattle last year to win the NFC and Cincinnati to have a good year.

Leinhart=instant success apparently.  Miami with a very mediocre QB, who by the way was worse than Losman for the first half of the season last year.  Relax people, it is MARCH!!!  Watch some college hoops, relax and have some fun. 

I bet all you all picked Seattle last year to win the NFC and Cincinnati to have a good year.

631431[/snapback]

I did pick Seattle 0:) --Just not the Steelers :lol:

According to Vikes fans in my office, Culpepper isn't expected to even be able to play until halfway through the season...

CW

629730[/snapback]

Please stop clouding the league idiot poster's ideas with actual facts.

Nonsense.  No one knows what Culpepper's knee is going to do.  Is Miami going to be better? Yup..but not all THAT intimidating.  We get the offensive and defensive lines straightened out (no small task) and we are definitely in the hunt. The 300 pound elephant in our division is and has been New England, and I'm not sure they are all that improved.  I think we have a qb who is learning the system, but needs help and a tight end, and WM is ready to earn his check.  We'll be closer to the playoffs this year than last.  The biggest liability we had last year, Mularkey, is gone and Jauron will be an improvement.  The threat is still New England, the jets aren't going anywhere, and we have to see what we have come the regular season.

630283[/snapback]

This is as close to what i believe as ive seen on this board. I have said for months, going back to November, that the chicken and egg questions was this: Were the players not performing due to bad play calling and game planning, or, the coaches bad because they had little talent to work with?

Do I think we are super bowl bound, prolly not. But am i ready to say we got no chance?JP will have one more year under his belt, and I really believe the Bills will be better offensively by Jauron just saying forget the trickeration, we are gunna move the ball by just being BETTER than the opposing D. Replacing Milloy and Adams and adding back Spikes will help the D, and we still have the Draft to get a D-Line man, one position where , along with running back, I think natural ability can lead to success in rookie years.

I am not scared of this Culpepper signing. Why has everyone chosen to forget the Vikings got off I believe to a 1-6 record(or thereabout) last year with Culpepper at the helm and finished something like 8-2 under Brad Johnson. Dude was absolutley horrible last year, think averaged 4 turnovers a game by himself in those forst six or seven games.

As for NE, i think they started their downward slide last year, and it will continue this year. Lord am I praying for Vanitieri(sp) to go elsewhere, as I believe the first critical kick the replacement misses the "in Belicheck we trust" players and especially fans will be scrambling for the exits. I just think all their player and coaches losses over the last two years will really show this upcoming year.

Do not even need to mention the Jets, but as an aside, still believe they take D'Brick in the four slot, or if he is there Super Mario.The Ramsey pickup seems to insure that. Be interesting to see what the Aints do, cause thats the key to the whole draft in my opinion. Keep the pick and take Mario or D'Brick, and one the top three QBs start to fall. Or trade down to some team desperate to get that QB