Cold Stone Creamery....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm...haven't tried them before.  Well compaired to Taco Bell, Baja Fresh is much better.

631494[/snapback]

They do that annoying "Welcome to Moe's!" crap whenever someone walks in the door. MUCH better quality than Taco Bell, and they sell beer. My wife loves the place. She told me that whenever Buffalo gets one, we can move back.

I need to be told when you Buffalonians spot one! :lol:

Cold Stone, Marble Slab, Amy's, all very similar and all here in Austin.

I don't think its anything special

628329[/snapback]

I love Amy's ice cream (especially the Belgian chocolate) but, maybe it is the increasingly cranky old man in me, I can't stand going in there any more. The music is always so frickin' loud, bouncing off the metallic furniture, and they are pounding on the "crushings", I usually leave before it is my turn to order...is it just me, or is ambience something that is sorely missing in Austin?

I love Amy's ice cream (especially the Belgian chocolate) but, maybe it is the increasingly cranky old man in me, I can't stand going in there any more.  The music is always so frickin' loud, bouncing off the metallic furniture, and they are pounding on the "crushings", I usually leave before it is my turn to order...is it just me, or is ambience something that is sorely missing in Austin?

631589[/snapback]

Eh, it depends on the place.

Amy's is sort of a punkish flourescent type of place.

Baja Fresh is owned by Wendy's. They've been out here in the SF bay area for at least 5 years. Several BKs were closed and reopened as BFs.

They sponsored a give away for the San Jose Sabercats Arena Football team one year. If they scored over 55 points in the home game, you got a free burrito (large one) with your ticket. The regional manager didn't do his homework. The Sabercats won all 8 home games and averaged about 65 points/ game. 8 free burritos for me!

Baja Fresh is owned by Wendy's. They've been out here in the SF bay area for at least 5 years. Several BKs were closed and reopened as BFs. 

They sponsored a give away for the  San Jose Sabercats Arena Football team one year. If they scored over 55 points in the home game, you got a free burrito (large one) with your ticket. The regional manager didn't do his homework. The Sabercats won all 8 home games and averaged about 65 points/ game. 8 free burritos for me!

631597[/snapback]

I'm not a big fan of baja fresh.

Taco Cabana > both tb and bf.

http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/locator/neareststone.asp

Heh. Nearest store to me is in State College, of all places. Yeah -- home of the Penn State Creamery. (Mmmm... Peachy Paterno...)

Factoid: Ben and Jerry got their start in the ice cream biz by taking a correspondence course from PSU.

631518[/snapback]

Mmm...peachy paterno....chocolate peanut butter milkshake....ice cream with so much fat they can't sell it off campus....mmmm...

They do that annoying "Welcome to Moe's!" crap whenever someone walks in the door. MUCH better quality than Taco Bell, and they sell beer. My wife loves the place. She told me that whenever Buffalo gets one, we can move back.

I need to be told when you Buffalonians spot one!  :devil:

631530[/snapback]

Well obviously you need to open one yourself!!! :)

Whats Changos?  I don't think I've ever seen one.

Where are they located?

631624[/snapback]

On Guadalupe, around 34th street....great stuff. I like FreeBird too, but again, hate the ambience of the place...

Of course, my favorite Mexican resteraunt in town is Los Comales...it helps to be able to speak spanish when you go in there, but not essential...if you are ever feeling like crap, allergies got you down (if you live in Austin you will deal with this at some time) try their caldo! It has miraculous healing powers... :D

• 1 month later...

Just wait until Chipotle Mexican Grill comes to Western New York.

Burritos the size of a Mini Cooper.

Great chips and salsa.

I've been told they have excellent margaritas as well.

Mike

Great chips and salsa.

CHIPS AND GUAC! CHIPS AND GUAC! CHIPS AND GUAC!

Sorry... :lol:

Chipotle is a big sponsor of the Minnesota Swarm lacrosse team (who, by the way, will CRUSH the Buffalo Bandits tomorrow!!!!). A few weeks ago, down 9-2 in the 3rd quarter to the Toronto Rock, the fans started chanting "CIHPS AND GUAC!" because if the team won, everyone won free chips and guac. The Swarm came back to win by a goal, and held the Rock scoreless for the entire 4th quarter (first time they ever held a team scoreless for an entire quarter). Awesome game, so that's become the unofficial chant of the Swarm. :lol:

http://www.mnswarm.com/team/Game.asp?game_id=13

Oh, their burritos are really good too :)

CW

I need to be told when you Buffalonians spot one!  :lol:

631530[/snapback]

Moe's has been in Buffalo for almost a year now. There is one in Orchard Park and one on Transit near the Airport.