Hey guys

Hopefully our OL will keep him upright so that he can find the open receiver.

Hmmm.......chain reaction???

626909[/snapback]

Hopefully ML will get the improved OL to play in front of the QB who will hopefully get the ball to the very fast WR's we have.

Chain reaction, indeed. :(

With Josh Reed moving on to other scenery the new WR addition gives us a VERY fast WR core.......

626900[/snapback]

Are you implying that this team might be good in '06? That we shouldn't just forfeit every game right now - in mid-March?

What are you doing here? Go away! :(

Yeah good thing we are giving up on a guy who gets a 1st down on 2/3rd of his catches.  The same guy who had as many catches as that great signing by Washington as their 3rd down back.  :(

626940[/snapback]

Allow me to play devil's advocate here:

Let's keep that guy. Heck, let's sign him to a contract that will keep him here until he retires already.

Wait a minute! This ain't the NBA and we're not in Boston.

Allow me to play devil's advocate here:

Let's keep that guy.  Heck, let's sign him to a contract that will keep him here until he retires already.

Wait a minute!  This ain't the NBA and we're not in Boston.

626946[/snapback]

Huh?

Not sure what you're trying to say, but the fact that people wanted Antwan randel-El who is a similar type WR, and are in awe of the Skins silidifying their WR corps with him as their #3 confused me, since well Josh Reed has down as much or more and would probably be a lot cheaper.

Huh? 

Not sure what you're trying to say, but the fact that people wanted Antwan randel-El who is a similar type WR, and are in awe of the Skins silidifying their WR corps with him as their #3 confused me, since well Josh Reed has down as much or more and would probably be a lot cheaper.

626963[/snapback]

Don't confuse that with the people who love Washington simply because they are convinced that spending all of your money on name players is the only way to win. Hey...it's worked for Washington the past five years so we should do what Snyder does.

Don't confuse that with the people who love Washington simply because they are convinced that spending all of your money on name players is the only way to win. Hey...it's worked for Washington the past five years so we should do what Snyder does.

626966[/snapback]

I'm not. I don't watch the NBA so I don't get the Boston reference. But Reed is just as good as ARE, and can be kept for 1/5th the cost.

I'm not.  I don't watch the NBA so I don't get the Boston reference.

626969[/snapback]

Boston had a dominant frontcourt for years w/ Hall of Famers Larry Bird, Robert Parrish, and Kevin McHale. They did what they could to keep this group together, to a fault I'd say. Eventually, they had a bunch of old players who were worn down by age and injury. They never prepared for that time, so they're still in the process of trying to recover from not being ready to replace them.

But Reed is just as good as ARE, and can be kept for 1/5th the cost.

626969[/snapback]

Considering his value as a return man, slot receiver, and an emergency QB, I'd have to say Randle El is better than Josh Reed. Reed has struggled to be an effective member of the Bills, while Randle El has given the Steelers a dangerous player that can hurt you in a number of ways. I was personally on hand to watch him convert third down after third down when the Steelers beat the Bills about 14 months ago.

Boston had a dominant frontcourt for years w/ Hall of Famers Larry Bird, Robert Parrish, and Kevin McHale.  They did what they could to keep this group together, to a fault I'd say.  Eventually, they had a bunch of old players who were worn down by age and injury.  They never prepared for that time, so they're still in the process of trying to recover from not being ready to replace them.

Considering his value as a return man, slot receiver, and an emergency QB, I'd have to say Randle El is better than Josh Reed.  Reed has struggled to be an effective member of the Bills, while Randle El has given the Steelers a dangerous player that can hurt you in a number of ways.  I was personally on hand to watch him convert third down after third down when the Steelers beat the Bills about 14 months ago.

626976[/snapback]

Not to doubt you big guy but numbers are very similar:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302217

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302219

Reed 143 catches - 85 first downs - 6 TD's

ARE 162 ctaches - 95 first downs - 7 TD's

And that is with Reed missing most of his junior season. I agree ARE does more in the special teams returns, but Reed plays coverage team, and has filled in as a return guy a few times.

Boston had a dominant frontcourt for years w/ Hall of Famers Larry Bird, Robert Parrish, and Kevin McHale.  They did what they could to keep this group together, to a fault I'd say.  Eventually, they had a bunch of old players who were worn down by age and injury.  They never prepared for that time, so they're still in the process of trying to recover from not being ready to replace them.

626976[/snapback]

Not quite sure about that part of your argument - it's not Red's fault Lenny Bias died. He was to be the franchise, after Bird.

Not quite sure about that part of your argument - it's not Red's fault Lenny Bias died.  He was to be the franchise, after Bird.

627001[/snapback]

True, as was Reggie Lewis. The Bias thing really sucked, as he was just a fantastic player in college. I was really looking forward to seeing how great a pro he would've been.

True, as was Reggie Lewis.  The Bias thing really sucked, as he was just a fantastic player in college.  I was really looking forward to seeing how great a pro he would've been.

627011[/snapback]

Yeah, everyone was crushed - including Larry. The Celtics traded Gerald Henderson to Seattle for what ended up being the #2 pick in the draft, then won the world championship, then drafted Lenny Bias! I remember Lefty Dreisell assuring Red Auerbach that he had no knowledge of Bias's drug habit. What a shame. The team never recovered, IMO.

Lenny Bias

Yeah, everyone was crushed - including Larry.  The Celtics traded Gerald Henderson to Seattle for what ended up being the #2 pick in the draft, then won the world championship, then drafted Lenny Bias!  I remember Lefty Dreisell assuring Red Auerbach that he had no knowledge of Bias's drug habit.  What a shame.  The team never recovered, IMO.

Lenny Bias

627026[/snapback]

From what I've heard, Bias didn't have a drug habit. He didn't have good judgment though. Reportedly, he tried crack for the first time that night and, unfortunately, died.

maybe we could just draft a few more fast wr's and play with no offensive line at all and just have 9 guys racing for the endzone on every play.

626913[/snapback]

actually that's not a bad idea. I do that on madden and it is very difficult for my opponents to stop...especially with a running QB.

From what I've heard, Bias didn't have a drug habit.  He didn't have good judgment though.  Reportedly, he tried crack for the first time that night and, unfortunately, died.

627107[/snapback]

If that is true, the story is all-the-more tragic. Helluva way to spend your signing bonus, no?

With this new speedy WR corp... we will roll out Moulds, Evans, and Davis and we best run a lot of "Pray for Rain" or "Hot Crossed Buns" ... and stay away from stuff like "Orvules Right" and "Hilbur's Left" That's right, I'm taking it back to Joe Montana's football... cerca 1991, B-Lo Bills playbook.

If that is true, the story is all-the-more tragic.  Helluva way to spend your signing bonus, no?

627164[/snapback]

Scratch that. I asked some co-workers, and they said that Bias did in fact do drugs. Supposedly, he left his dorm room around 2am to go score some coke for himself and his buddies and died a few hours later.

That really sucks.

Yeah, everyone was crushed - including Larry.  The Celtics traded Gerald Henderson to Seattle for what ended up being the #2 pick in the draft, then won the world championship, then drafted Lenny Bias!  I remember Lefty Dreisell assuring Red Auerbach that he had no knowledge of Bias's drug habit.  What a shame.  The team never recovered, IMO.

Lenny Bias

627026[/snapback]

The day after Bias died from coke there was a player on the Giants who also died from coke. I remember thinking to myself, "I don't know if God exists, but if he does, he's going out of his way to make me quit cocaine." Haven't touched it since.

With Josh Reed moving on to other scenery the new WR addition gives us a VERY fast WR core.......

626900[/snapback]

Isn't that great? Now while whatever Quaterback we have that day is getting sacked because we don't have an offensive line our fast recievers can be running all over the field like idiots.

Scratch that.  I asked some co-workers, and they said that Bias did in fact do drugs.  Supposedly, he left his dorm room around 2am to go score some coke for himself and his buddies and died a few hours later.

That really sucks.

627172[/snapback]

Yeah, I was living in Boston at the time and there were lots of stories going around - one that I read stated that a rock about the size of a bar of soap was found in his possession - sounded like he was getting ready to celebrate.