Bills Signings Thus Far

I know that there hasn't been a big splash in the FA pool, but I sort of like what Marv & Co. have done so far.

Royal shores up the TE position and adds to the power running scheme. Triplett means that Schoebel will have some company when he collides into the QB. Davis is another deep threat and may be ready to step up to bigger things if EM is history.

If Pickett gets added to the fold, a number of holes will have been filled. Add in a draft day trade-down to grab Huff at a more appropriate spot and I'd say Marv was right on the money.

It seems as if Marv may have taken a lesson from Darcy Regier. I remember a lot of groaning in Sabreland when Darcy signed Teppo and Lydman while Toronto signed every used-to-be name with an AARP card.

I like the moves so far. This is a young team and Marv seems to be going after emerging players with an upside rather than old guys with familiar names.

I know that there hasn't been a big splash in the FA pool, but I sort of like what Marv & Co. have done so far.

Royal shores up the TE position and adds to the power running scheme. Triplett means that Schoebel will have some company when he collides into the QB. Davis is another deep threat and may be ready to step up to bigger things if EM is history.

If Pickett gets added to the fold, a number of holes will have been filled. Add in a draft day trade-down to grab Huff at a more appropriate spot and I'd say Marv was right on the money.

It seems as if Marv may have taken a lesson from Darcy Regier. I remember a lot of groaning in Sabreland when Darcy signed Teppo and Lydman while Toronto signed every used-to-be name with an AARP card.

I like the moves so far. This is a young team and Marv seems to be going after emerging players with an upside rather than old guys with familiar names.

626860[/snapback]

I think #8 is an approriate spot to draft huff. i dont see him lasting much longer. He may not even be on the board when it gets to our pick. If we drop down a few spots, we could grab a tackle.

It seems as if Marv may have taken a lesson from Darcy Regier.

626860[/snapback]

Not to anticipate Joe Six Pack's response :( , but the Sabres' strength in goal is analogous to the having a strong o-line with the Bills. Marv's still got work to do if he wants to get in the same boat as Darcy.

626860[/snapback]

And the hot pocket crowd says Marv is too old and the game has passed him by ! I just love the hot pocket crowd ! :(

I think #8 is an approriate spot to draft huff. i dont see him lasting much longer. He may not even be on the board when it gets to our pick. If we drop down a few spots, we could grab a tackle.

626867[/snapback]

Don't draft Huff.

Have we not learned that the only position that you draft from the University of Texas is Running back. All the rest are fodder. Example: Mike Williams.

Don't draft Huff. 

Have we not learned that the only position that you draft from the University of Texas is Running back.  All the rest are fodder.  Example: Mike Williams.

626977[/snapback]

Yeah but running backs like to take boats to China learning herbology. :(

Don't draft Huff. 

Have we not learned that the only position that you draft from the University of Texas is Running back.  All the rest are fodder.  Example: Mike Williams.

626977[/snapback]

I tend to agree. Drafting a UT player in the top 10 makes me nervous, especially a safety that early.

626860[/snapback]

In the future, please refrain from positive posts like this and fall in line with the other hens.

Thank You,

The Management

626867[/snapback]

Buffalo needs a SS who plays more like a FS an Huff could be a perfect fit.

He's from UT, though (shudder).

Not to anticipate Joe Six Pack's response  :) , but the Sabres' strength in goal is analogous to the having a strong o-line with the Bills.  Marv's still got work to do if he wants to get in the same boat as Darcy.

626868[/snapback]

Ding! Finally you're starting to get it. In hockey, a superb goalie makes the rest of the team look like world-beaters. In football, a good OL makes ANY offense that much better. See: Carolina.

I have liked what they have done so far, but they need to address the O-line. Not alot on the free agent Market that makes sense form a cap point of view but maybe they could sign Ephriam Salaam, Jason Fabini, or Victor Riley. They might not bre great talents but I think they would upgrade what we have(a cardboard cutout of Will Wolford would upgrade what we have) and not cost a fortune.