(SU HOOPS)FYI, SU/Texas A & M 9:40 PM Thursday

The seedings continue to be a big mystery. Last year 'Cuse was 11-5 and won the conference tourney and they were only a 4; 7-9 this year and they're a 5. Umm, ok. The rest of the Big East was pretty much hosed. Pitt & Georgetown should've been seeded higher, Cincy should've easily gotten in.

Despite the generous seeding it's a tough road for Cuse. A&M and LSU are capable teams whom they'll have to beat down south just to get a shot at Duke in Atlanta. Pitt on the other hand has an excellent shot at the Final 4 if they can get past Kansas in the 2nd round.

Whenever Duke is a #1 I usually pick them to choke in the sweet 16 and I'm often right. It is just sometimes difficult to peg the exact team they're going to lose to. Four years ago I had them losing to the #4 USC and they lost to #5 Indiana. Last year I had them losing to #4 Syracuse and they lost to #5 Michigan St. Obviously this year I will be picking them to lose to #4 LSU :(

What a pleasure it was to wake up and hear that Syracuse got beat. Then to top it all off, Mr G-Mac himself only scores 2 points. Good to see G-Mac had some class in the postgame interviews. What a bum. The powerful Big Least was 0-3. The Big Least is top heavy like every other conference. Buh bye G-Mac and Jimmy B ... just another early exit from the tourney.

What a pleasure it was to wake up and hear that Syracuse got beat.  Then to top it all off, Mr G-Mac himself only scores 2 points.  Good to see G-Mac had some class in the postgame interviews.  What a bum.  The powerful Big Least was 0-3.  The Big Least is top heavy like every other conference.  Buh bye G-Mac and Jimmy B ... just another early exit from the tourney.

633133[/snapback]

It must've been difficult to wake up and also realize that you suck at posting, and probably at life as well.

Of course, being severly injured had nothing to do with Gmac being held without a FG for the first time in his career. And of course, any time a 3rd place team from League A beats a 9th place team without its best player from League B the only rational conclusion one can come to is that League B sucks. :lol:

It must've been difficult to wake up and also realize that you suck at posting, and probably at life as well. 

Of course, being severly injured had nothing to do with Gmac being held without a FG for the first time in his career.  And of course, any time a 3rd place team from League A beats a 9th place team without its best player from League B the only rational conclusion one can come to is that League B sucks.    :lol:

633365[/snapback]

How come noone mentioned this injury when the "magical" run was being made through the Big Least Tourney?

So let me get this right, all of a sudden Syracuse is the 9th best team in the Big East? So if the 9th best team can win the conference tournament, maybe that conference really isnt as good as everyone says? Syracuse didnt deserve a 5 seed.

I didnt say the Big 12 was better than the Big Least. I said the Big Least was top heavy like every other conference. UConn and Villanova are really good teams. The other teams in the conference are average. I just find it funny that last Monday all the Syracuse fans were really high on their team and now they say they are average.

Also, it is good to see that you can resort to petty name calling and feeble attempts at humiliation when you do not have a valid argument. Grow up buddy.

So if the 9th best team can win the conference tournament, maybe that conference really isnt as good as everyone says?  

I said the Big Least was top heavy like every other conference.  UConn and Villanova are really good teams.  The other teams in the conference are average.

These two statements mesh together real well :lol:

Also, it is good to see that you can resort to petty name calling and feeble attempts at humiliation when you do not have a valid argument.  Grow up buddy.

633440[/snapback]

Because your "point" (whatever it's supposed to be) is retarded and doesn't deserve any mature response. It's painfully obvious you're a bitter fan of some loser program that has been owned by Cuse in the past.

How come noone mentioned this injury when the "magical" run was being made through the Big Least Tourney?

633440[/snapback]

Ummmm, they did. Many, many times. Everytime he took the bench it was mentioned in the Big East tourney.

Every Syracuse fan I know expected them to bow out in the first or second round. Last monday everyone was excited about a Big East championship that SU would have won in 1 out of 100 tries. I didn't hear anyone touting them as national champions. SU had a very bad team this year, one that has disgusted me more then almost any other.

Ummmm, they did. Many, many times. Everytime he took the bench it was mentioned in the Big East tourney.

Every Syracuse fan I know expected them to bow out in the first or second round. Last monday everyone was excited about a Big East championship that SU would have won in 1 out of 100 tries. I didn't hear anyone touting them as national champions. SU had a very bad team this year, one that has disgusted me more then almost any other.

633457[/snapback]

Exactly - I had them out in the 2nd round.

I don't know what the implication is - yeah, he went his entire career without not having a FG but then he faked re-aggravating his groin in the 1st half so he could sit on the bench for the bulk of the rest of the game because he was afraid of A&M after beating the 3 ranked teams in a row :lol:

I am not a bitter fan of some other team. Syracuse is one of the most overrated programs in the NCAA. Their non-conference schedule is an absolute joke. They never travel away from the Carrier Dome to play anyone good.

This was their non-conference schedule this year:

Bethune Cookman

Cornell

Texas Tech (@ MSG)

Florida (@ MSG)

Bucknell

Siena

Manhattan

TCU

Colgate

Davidson

Illinois of Chicago

@ Towson (G-Mac's homecoming)

Kent State

UTEP

They travelled to MSG and Wilkes Barre. The Towson game was a favor to G-Mac so he could play infront of his hometown crowd. That schedule is a joke. Where is SUNY Albany or SUNY Binghamton? My biggest beef is Syracuse gets all sorts of attention and it isnt warrented.

Syracuse should improve next year with Paul Harris but I dont think they will ever do good in the tourny because they don't play anyone during the non-conference portion of their schedule.

:lol:  :wacko:

633501[/snapback]

Yah I think the Big 12 still has tire tracks on their face from 2003. :lol:

I've come to the conclusion that this is actually Julie Boeheim who is posting in an effort to make SU bashers look ridiculous. I think she's doing a fine job.

I dont think they will ever do good in the tourny because they don't play anyone during the non-conference portion of their schedule.

633486[/snapback]

Yeah, that lousy National Championship banner is a sure sign that Cuse never does well in the tourny. :lol:

I love how Syracuse fan always resorts back to ... Well, we won the Tournament in 2003. Last time I checked, this is 2006. You have been bounced from the tournament in the first round two years in a row. You havent done anything since Carmelo left. You never did anything before Carmelo. Syracuse is an underachiever when it comes to the tourney. Keep playing the cupcakes and getting bounced early in the tournament.