(SU HOOPS)FYI, SU/Texas A & M 9:40 PM Thursday

I love how Syracuse fan always resorts back to ... Well, we won the Tournament in 2003.  Last time I checked, this is 2006.  You have been bounced from the tournament in the first round two years in a row.  You havent done anything since Carmelo left.  You never did anything before Carmelo.  Syracuse is an underachiever when it comes to the tourney.  Keep playing the cupcakes and getting bounced early in the tournament.

633580[/snapback]

who is your team champ?

Well Champ, I am proud to say that I support The Saint Bonaventure Bonnies. Chuckle at will. Comparing Syracuse to Bonaventure is comparing apples to oranges. Athletic budgets, conference affiliations, location of campus, recruiting etc.

Bonas is going through a very, very tough stretch. They shouldnt be playing in the A-10 because they can't recruit on the level that the top teams in the conference can. I would like to see them move to the MAAC or MAC but they won't. What good basketball player would like to come to good ol' rural Olean? They are trying to rebuild their program. Hopefully they can build it back to being competitive but it is going to a long process.

Let the welding jokes begin.

I love how Syracuse fan always resorts back to ... Well, we won the Tournament in 2003.  Last time I checked, this is 2006.

633580[/snapback]

When's the last time Duke won a national championship? I'm not even sure what that arguement is supposed to mean. If the Bills win the Superbowl should we shutup about it next year?

Duke, UConn, Kentucky......never play cupcake non-conference games. :lol: That arguement holds no water.

I'll agree that SU is an underacheiver when it comes to the tourney, I don't think it can be argued. But 4 final fours and 3 national championship games is pretty good for an underacheiver. Especially when it doesn't have the draw that a Duke or Kentucky has to young kids.

who is your team champ?

633585[/snapback]

Boeheim's F-filled press conference when he fielded Q's about that guard didn't exactly make me root for the team.

I'm disappointed that the College fathers didn't kick him out for the tourney.

Low class all around...

Here is Duke's non-conference schedule:

Boston U

Seton Hall

Davidson

Drexel

#11 Memphis (@MSG)

@ #16 Indiana

Penn

#2 Texas (@ East Rutherford)

Valpo

St. Johns

@ UNC-Greensboro

Bucknell (W 84-50)

It looks better than Syracuse's schedule. Duke waxed Bucknell, the same Bucknell that went into the Carrier Dome and won. I am not saying that every premier program plays a lights out non-conference schedule. Syracuse plays NOBODY in non-conference. Wow, Duke went to a ranked teams gym in non-conference ... when is the last time Syracuse did something like that?

When's the last time Duke won a national championship? I'm not even sure what that arguement is supposed to mean. If the Bills win the Superbowl should we shutup about it next year?

Duke, UConn, Kentucky......never play cupcake non-conference games.  :lol: That arguement holds no water.

I'll agree that SU is an underacheiver when it comes to the tourney, I don't think it can be argued. But 4 final fours and 3 national championship games is pretty good for an underacheiver. Especially when it doesn't have the draw that a Duke or Kentucky has to young kids.

633605[/snapback]

I'd like to add that the last McDonald's All American they had before Carmello was John Wallace, when they also went to the National Championship game. Prior to that I think the last one was Billy Owens? So it wasn't like they were stocked with talent throughout the 90's. It just seems like Duke is the easy target if you want to hate tournament underachievers who get a ridiculous amount of media exposure.

I've noticed the past couple weeks (at other more "national" message boards) that a ton of people hate the Orange, which to me is flattering. It means they're obviously more of an elite program than I thought.

Boeheim's F-filled press conference when he fielded Q's about that guard didn't exactly make me root for the team.

I'm disappointed that the College fathers didn't kick him out for the tourney.

Low class all around...

633609[/snapback]

It was a bad day for him, but it was one day. I know Boeheim, and he is a good guy. Low class doesn't even come close.

Of course that kind of statement mean nothing anyway.

It was a bad day for him, but it was one day.  I know Boeheim, and he is a good guy.  Low class doesn't even come close. 

Of course that kind of statement mean nothing anyway.

633645[/snapback]

Well, it does mean something. Words count. He was flat-out wrong, to utter such..and yes he's a decent guy. I don't belive in hanging anyone for this or that goofy statement, but still, I'm disappointed the University didn't issue some sort of "Jim spoke wrong - no question there - won't happen again - we all regret etc."

Perhaps they did - dunno.

Well, it does mean something. Words count. He was flat-out wrong, to utter such..and yes he's a decent guy. I don't belive in hanging anyone for this or that goofy statement, but still, I'm disappointed the University didn't issue some sort of "Jim spoke wrong - no question there - won't happen again - we all regret etc."

633677[/snapback]

Not sure if you're aware, but the person most responsible for anything related to "Coaches vs. Cancer" charity work is the same person you are chastising for using 2 swear words.

633677[/snapback]

Jim made a public apology the next day about it--sincerely feeling bad.

He also said that the chancellor and his wife yelled his face off about it.

Now you are making excuses, I seem to recall a time when St. Bona was as tough if not tougher than Cuse in hoops, what happened? Cuse spent the money to grow the program, Bona sat still. You ask who are going to go to good ol rural Olean? Probably the same that would go to a rural storrs connecticut, rural blacksburg virginia, frigid syracuse new york, I nearly forgot about the thriving metropolis of state college PA, etc etc...St. Bona made their bed and the Cuse et al, peed in it. get over it. But they are your team and I hope to hell you root for them and defend them as fiercly if not more than you are trashing the Cuse, thats what being a fan is all about

Well Champ, I am proud to say that I support The Saint Bonaventure Bonnies.  Chuckle at will.  Comparing Syracuse to Bonaventure is comparing apples to oranges.  Athletic budgets, conference affiliations, location of campus, recruiting etc. 

Bonas is going through a very, very tough stretch.  They shouldnt be playing in the A-10 because they can't recruit on the level that the top teams in the conference can.  I would like to see them move to the MAAC or MAC but they won't.  What good basketball player would like to come to good ol' rural Olean?  They are trying to rebuild their program.  Hopefully they can build it back to being competitive but it is going to a long process.

Let the welding jokes begin.

633601[/snapback]