Browns Trying To Trade Faine??

Browns | Rumor alert: Team trying to trade Faine?

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 08:30:21 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports there is some talk the Cleveland Browns are trying to trade OC Jeff Faine. He is a three-year starter and former first-round draft pick who is just 24 years old.

It would be interesting to see what they want.  I'm sure it's more than we can afford.

625572[/snapback]

I have read that they consider him another of their long lines of bad first round picks. so I think they just want to get rid of him and his contract. i still have him rated higher than any of the 06 rookies and Preston.

I havent followed his pro career as much as I would have liked, but he was a monster at ND. Big-time leader and discipline guy.

Wouldn't mind seeing him here at all.

625557[/snapback]

Depends on his contract. Being a former 1st rounder, he may be entering expensive parts of his contract. Trade would have to be contingent on a fair contract extension/restructuring.

I have read that they consider him another of their long lines of bad first round picks.  so I think they just want to get rid of him and his contract.  i still have him rated higher than any of the 06 rookies and Preston.

625593[/snapback]

I like Faine but I don't think he grades out higher than Mangold. I haven't followed his career all that close but have watched him a liitle. I think injuries might be the issue, rather than performance.

Depends on his contract. Being a former 1st rounder, he may be entering expensive parts of his contract. Trade would have to be contingent on a fair contract extension/restructuring.

625680[/snapback]

http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?ID=3049

Rotowire says faine signed a 5 year deal for around 7 million, and also has voidable 6th and 7th years of his contract. So he'd be fairly cheap.

http://www.rotowire.com/football/player.htm?ID=3049

Rotowire says faine signed a 5 year deal for around 7 million, and also has voidable 6th and 7th years of his contract. So he'd be fairly cheap.

625788[/snapback]

I wouldn't mind giving up our 3b or 4th rnd pick for him.

Zak: 1. correct  2. WRONG

634446[/snapback]

How exactly is Zac wrong when he says he would rather go with Preston? Are you claiming that Zac wouldn't rather go with Preston? I guess you know more about Zak's preferences than Zac does.