Larry Tripplet and Andre Davis also in town today

JoeF

Okay, now here we go.

I might be a little biased because I actually PLAYED against Andre Davis when I was in high school (he kicked our team's butts all over the place) but he was always the one guy in that crowded Browns WR corps that I thought had some serious talent...and he put up very good stats considering they used him basically as their 3rd WR.

And he had a similiar problem in New England where he was on the merry-go-round of Patriots WRs.

Could be worth a look.

And Triplett never really panned out to be as dominant of a DT as Indy expected...but hell, he's better than Tim Anderson and could at least bring some talent to our DT field.

A player of Tripplet's caliber wouldn't be caught dead playing football for Ralph Malph. He's just here to bump his number up.

624696[/snapback]

Either that or he has some secret deformity that has not yet come to light. I heard he was an habitual wheezer....and he worked in a nursing home when he was young--making him the perfect fit for our front office....

Either that or he has some secret deformity that has not yet come to light.  I heard he was an habitual wheezer....and he worked in a nursing home when he was young--making him the perfect fit for our front office....

624704[/snapback]

Word on the street is he suffers from Restless Leg Syndrome. Very debilitating.

I might be a little biased because I actually PLAYED against Andre Davis when I was in high school (he kicked our team's butts all over the place) but he was always the one guy in that crowded Browns WR corps that I thought had some serious talent...and he put up very good stats considering they used him basically as their 3rd WR.

And he had a similiar problem in New England where he was on the merry-go-round of Patriots WRs. 

Could be worth a look.

I don't have much to say about davis' WR skills, since he didn't see much time there with the Pats, but he is a ST demon. The Bills already have a great ST unit, adding Davis would only make it better.

Bills | Team interested in McCree

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:00:43 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the Buffalo Bills are interested in free agent S Marlon McCree (Panthers), if he does not sign with the San Diego Chargers, according to a spokesman in the office of agent Gary Uberstine.

I think that Tripplet would be a good signing.

He's one of those guys who is solid, not a superstar, but he won't hurt you either. Him, combined with a playmaker on the Dline like Ngata, would make a formidable pair.

Davis audio is up on bb.com.

Holcomb called him before the start of FA and sold him on the visit....interesting...they played together in Cleveland.

He has no other visits scheduled...was headed home to talk the Bills situation over with his wife.