SU BEATS UCONN!

As a UConn fan I'm glad they lost in this tournament instead of the next one. LOL Good win for SU but I still feel UConn is going to be tough!

nm

622532[/snapback]

Would one of you guys mind telling me why I should care? I'm not trying to agitate, but I don't follow basketball, I prefer sports. :)

Juuuuuust kidding. Kind of...

But did SU's win over UConn give them the national title or was this for the Big East championship thingy?

Haven't followed Syracuse this year, but if they beat UConn they are very capable of making a lot of noise later in March. Go Big Orange. Maybe I'll be seeing my two favorite Orange teams if the Tennessee Vols get into the dance and perform well. They've been a bit of a pleasant surprise for us this year.

As a UConn fan I'm glad they lost in this tournament instead of the next one.  LOL  Good win for SU but I still feel UConn is going to be tough!

622610[/snapback]

As a Louisville fan, I watched UConn not even really try last Saturday and take my Cardinals' best punch. I'm not at all surprised that they lost the first game of the Big East tournament, because they seem to know that they have a #1 seed locked up. I expect the Huskies to make a deep run in the real tournament.

As a Louisville fan, I watched UConn not even really try last Saturday and take my Cardinals' best punch.  I'm not at all surprised that they lost the first game of the Big East tournament, because they seem to know that they have a #1 seed locked up.  I expect the Huskies to make a deep run in the real tournament.

622710[/snapback]

So that's what the significance of this game was. Thanks.

So that's what the significance of this game was. Thanks.

622712[/snapback]

SU had about a 30% chance to make the NCAA tourney if they lost this game.

SU has a 100% chance of making the NCAA tourney by winning this game.

SU had about a 5% chance of winning this game as of this morning.

So it's kind of a big win against an arch rival if you're a 'Cuse fan.

Oh, and Doug Gotlieb(sp?) this deuchebag on ESPN can suck my wang also.

You take what you can get as a fan to justify an otherwise BAD season. As a Bills fan I am sure you understand THAT! :D

Would one of you guys mind telling me why I should care?  I'm not trying to agitate, but I don't follow basketball, I prefer sports.  :)

Juuuuuust kidding.  Kind of...

But did SU's win over UConn give them the national title or was this for the Big East championship thingy?

622675[/snapback]

When McNamara missed those 2 back-to-back shots I yelled....."sh*t"......I was soooooooooooooooo glad there were no customers in the office. :)

Then a customer walks in and I miss his 3-point shot that sent it to OT. GRRRRRR. :D

Then stupid ESPN had the score frozen at 86-86 (I think they jumped the gun when UConn's shot rolled off the rim).....and I didn't know what had happened until I logged onto espn.com and saw that SU won. God, I hate ESPN. :lol:

:lol:

The long last emergence of Roberts and Watkins has ultimately been the key to our success in these last two games. If Gerry can continue to manage his game and feed the big men inside, the 'Cuse could be very tough to beat. Devendorf and Nichols continue to play solid in support. McCrowsky might be the big x-factor. You know he's going to make some boneheaded plays, it's whether he can make up for it with more good plays.

Go Orangemen!