Mel Kiper's top-10

scribo

On Sportscenter this morning/last night, Kiper gave the following as his current projection for the top-10 picks:

1 Texans - Bush

2 Saints - Leinart

3 Titans - Young

4 Jets - Ferguson

5 Packers - Williams

6 49ers - Hawk

7 Raiders - Cutler

8 Your Buffalo Bills - Ngata

9 Lions - Huff

10 Cardinals - White

He is sticking with the Ngata pick for us. Quite apparently he doesn't believe the hype around Cutler will put him ahead of Young. I was surprised he left Davis out of the top-10. I do not know if this means he is predicting all 10 teams will stay put.

What I think will throw the draft for a loop (aside from any trades) is if the Jets do not take Fergeson and take Young or Cutler, or trade out of that spot so that a team could grab one of those guys.

This move will greatly impact what the Bills do at #8.

If that scenario playes out the Bills pass on Vernon Davis...I will not be happy I can tell you that much!

619815[/snapback]

Me too. If the Bills don't use another first pick of the draft on a skill player, that might be enough to push me over the edge.

It's been working SO well, why stop now?

Me too. If the Bills don't use another first pick of the draft on a skill player, that might be enough to push me over the edge.

It's been working SO well, why stop now?

619819[/snapback]

Generally I agree that the Bills do not REALLY need another skill player, but IMO I wouldnt pass on a guy like Davis, he is an extremely unique talent at his position...Here's hoping the OL and DL issues are sqaured away by FA.

On Sportscenter this morning/last night, Kiper gave the following as his current projection for the top-10 picks:

1 Texans - Bush

2 Saints - Leinart

3 Titans - Young

4 Jets - Ferguson

5 Packers - Williams

6 49ers - Hawk

7 Raiders - Cutler

8 Your Buffalo Bills - Ngata

9 Lions - Huff

10 Cardinals - White

He is sticking with the Ngata pick for us. Quite apparently he doesn't believe the hype around Cutler will put him ahead of Young. I was surprised he left Davis out of the top-10. I do not know if this means he is predicting all 10 teams will stay put.

619791[/snapback]

I thought it was more interesting that he had Davis at 11, Hali at 12, and Bunkley at 13. I think Bunkley at 13 (plus an additional 2nd) is a better value than Ngata at 8. And I was surprised to see Hali that high - right in the Freeney/Abraham range.

Sounds about right. If it weren't for the fact that we need a defensive tackle and Ngata is the obvious choice, it would be a VERY interesting pick. Huff, White, Davis, maybe Cutler, Edwards are all very attractive at 8. But Ngata is the obvious and best choice for us.

Thailog80,

You are engaging in line infringement. We must ask that you cease and desist from this activity immediately. Further violations could result in legal action. Thank you.

619857[/snapback]

:blink::D

Havent seen this kind of post in quite some time!!!

i saw that...and was more suprised he hadn't dropped Vince Young down a little bit.

619813[/snapback]

Mike Mayock(sp?) has been all over Cutler. Meanwhile Mel has blasted those who have moved him ahead of Young based on Sr. Bowl and combine. He's sticking it to Mayock and others at the expense of moving Cutler above Young.

What I think will throw the draft for a loop (aside from any trades) is if the Jets do not take Fergeson and take Young or Cutler, or trade out of that spot so that a team could grab one of those guys.

This move will greatly impact what the Bills do at #8.

619818[/snapback]

I can't see the jests passing on a QB in that spot.

Mike Mayock(sp?) has been all over Cutler.  Meanwhile Mel has blasted those who have moved him ahead of Young based on Sr. Bowl and combine.  He's sticking it to Mayock and others at the expense of moving Cutler above Young.

619875[/snapback]

Cutler actually had a pretty subpar Senior Bowl game, though he did have a good week of practice leading up to the game. Same w/ Brodrick Bunkley.

Mike Mayock(sp?) has been all over Cutler.  Meanwhile Mel has blasted those who have moved him ahead of Young based on Sr. Bowl and combine.  He's sticking it to Mayock and others at the expense of moving Cutler above Young.

619875[/snapback]

Yea, Mayock's obsession with Cutler has caused him to lose some credibility in my eyes. Not in the sense that he's necessarily wrong about the kid, but he is so dead set on ranking him at the top that he's developed a predisposition about him. Personally, I didn't think he looked all that great in the Senior Bowl, and he did not stand head and shoulders above the other QBs in the combine's passing drills, despite Mayock's insistence otherwise.

I think when the smoke settles, Cutler probably falls back toward the middle of the 1st round where he was originally projected a few weeks ago. Any team drafting him in the top 7 can only helps the Bills' cause.

Cutler actually had a pretty subpar Senior Bowl game, though he did have a good week of practice leading up to the game.  Same w/ Brodrick Bunkley.

619909[/snapback]

I think there's some 'professional' cat fighting going on about Cutler. Mayock absolutely loves him, ergo Mel is trashing him.

Based on Kiper's first 7 picks who do you take?

With the eight pick of the draft R.Rich selects...

Actually, I like Huff over Davis and Ngata at #8.

In terms of need, I rank them as follows: Ngata, Huff, Davis

In terms of value, I rank them as follows: Huff, Davis, Ngata

I think each has the impact to be a true stud in the league. I think we can still grab good value at the DT position and/or TE position later in the draft.

Also, my brother lives in Austin, TX and has had the chance to watch Huff play. He loves the kid. Would be ecstatic to see him in a Bills uniform.