Who should the Bills pick up at #2 WR after Moulds

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap is good, but to an extent.

You want someone who will play for less, but be able to play well. We don't need a superstar WR replacement who is going to cost us more (like T.O), but if your getting rid of moulds cause he is "Too old and on the decline", you don't go and sign a guy who is older and on the decline unless he is going to sign for a fraction of what moulds cost (difference between what he is paid if he plays for the bills and his cap hit if released cause that is tycnically what he is costing the bills)

I'm thinking CHEAP. I'm thinking value because of all of the other needs of the Bills.

Reche Caldwell

Brian Finneran

Rod Gardner

620017[/snapback]

Gardner might as well have been the Invisible Man here in Carolina last year.

Pass on him.

He would be a downgrade from friggin' Josh Reed.

Finneran might be good though

i like givens or isaac bruce..familiar with fairchild's system, doesnt seem to be a cancer..not too pricey...grab him if moulds is let go

619769[/snapback]

Bruce DID want Moulds money and why the RAMS let him go. So why bother letting Moulds go to begin if you are considering paying someone else the same?

I would not spend FA $ or a high draft choice on a WR.

Behind the Bills OL even a Jerry Rice in his prime would look like Josh Reed. I say put all the resources in the lines.

Draft Jason Avant in the second round. He'd be a great replacement for Moulds. The kid put Braylon Edwards to shame on everything but speed and acrobatic catches. We have Evans and Parrish for that. Avant fits perfectly.

Draft Jason Avant in the second round.  He'd be a great replacement for Moulds.  The kid put Braylon Edwards to shame on everything but speed and acrobatic catches.  We have Evans and Parrish for that.  Avant fits perfectly.

620189[/snapback]

Draft a projected 3rd round WR (of a very weak WR class, I might add) w/ our 2nd round pick instead of one of our 2 picks in the 3rd?

Draft a projected 3rd round WR (of a very weak WR class, I might add) w/ our 2nd round pick instead of one of our 2 picks in the 3rd?

620287[/snapback]

Good point. This team has too many needs at too many positions to focus on drafting a position where the class is weak. Since this year's draft is strong and deep at OL, the Bills' main focus should be there.

Jurevicius is older then moulds

So this deal makes sense how?

619980[/snapback]

If you are looking for someone more talented than Moulds you probably will not find him. I like Moulds better than the most sought after FA receivers like Givens or Bryant.

If you are looking for a #1 WR you likely will not find him in FA and will not find him in the draft.

The good news is though that we are not looking for a #1 WR or even someone better than Moulds.

Evans is our #1 and after a very good rookie season and a #2 season where he demonstrated he certainly does not have Josh Reed disease and is primed to potentially deserve the #1 slot, going with him there seems like a reasonable bet.

What we are looking for is a WR who can compliment the speed threat Evans presents. We are looking for a possession receiver who can work the middle of the field and really should be double- teamed bu opponents won't do that because they are already dting speed freak with reasonable hands Evans.

Joe J. fits what we are looking for well as he has developed quite the rep for being an effective possession WR. he was productive last year despite his age, making him a good risk this year.

What is even better is that Parrish while unpolished and no where near #1 (or probably even a reliable #2) in quality, if he is the third WR, a receiving corps that includes his and Evans speed, and Joe J. as a money possession receiver presents huge issues for a D.

Moulds is a far better player with a few more years of quality play to go than Joe J. However, unless his SB appearance pumps up his price to unreasonable levels, picking him up makes far more sense to make the Bills a winner than paying 10 mill to Moulds.

The same is probably true for some lesser possession WR as well.

Lee Evans is not even as good as Peerless Price. Please people, by what stretch of anyones imagination do you think this guy can beat the #1 corner on other teams. This guy disappeared against the Pats when Moulds was suspended. He disappeared after the 1st quarter in the Miami game.

Evans has caught exactly 48 catches each year. Hell even diuscounting Peerless 90+ catch season, he had 55 and 52 the previous years. Not a lot more, but those were in years when we had Remeirsma, Centers and even a young Josh Reed, with lots of catches going elsewhere. The current system has Moulds, Evans and Reed. Reed can't even get to Peerless pre-breakout year, seeing that many more balls.

Also with his size and the types of routes he runs, he is non-existant in the redzone. Again, your #1 has got to be big/good enough to get you TD's down there. Evans ain't it. In fact in the redzone, I'd take Reed.

They should make a try for B'gals WR Kevin Walter.  Tendered to a 717K RFA contract this week. He only carries a 7th-round penalty. Excellent ST'er, too.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396115

620046[/snapback]

He has yet to prove he can be a #3 in the league asking Walter to be a #1 is a little far fetched. Granted he'd probably outproduce a 7th Round rookie but would he beat out Evans or Parrish on the depth chart? I think not though he might beat out Aiken for scrimmage playing time.

Lee Evans is not even as good as Peerless Price.  Please people, by what stretch of anyones imagination do you think this guy can beat the #1 corner on other teams.  This guy disappeared against the Pats when Moulds was suspended.  He disappeared after the 1st quarter in the Miami game. 

Evans has caught exactly 48 catches each year.  Hell even diuscounting Peerless 90+ catch season, he had 55 and 52 the previous years.  Not a lot more, but those were in years when we had Remeirsma, Centers and even a young Josh Reed, with lots of catches going elsewhere.  The current system has Moulds, Evans and Reed.  Reed can't even get to Peerless pre-breakout year, seeing that many more balls.

Also with his size and the types of routes he runs, he is non-existant in the redzone.  Again, your #1 has got to be big/good enough to get you TD's down there.  Evans ain't it.  In fact in the redzone, I'd take Reed.

620673[/snapback]

Evans is so much better than PP, it's not even funny...and I LIKED PP. Evans will be a star in this league.

Evans is so much better than PP, it's not even funny...and I LIKED PP.  Evans will be a star in this league.

620681[/snapback]

I've always likened Evans to Terry Glenn and stick to it, yes he can be a #1 but is probably better suited as a #2 or #1A option.

Evans is so much better than PP, it's not even funny...and I LIKED PP.  Evans will be a star in this league.

620681[/snapback]

I like Evans also, but he isn't even as good as Peerless was. I dont'feel he'll ever be a #1 WR in the league, but is more of a Peerless type receiver. That isn't bad, and I don't think for a moment the pick was wasted, but Lee, is not and should not ever be confused with being the ultimate go to guy.

620681[/snapback]

I'll say! Evans is better than Price in all categories. Especially in his ablitiy to catch the ball and not complaining about the team. He keeps his mouth shut. :w00t:

Lee Evans is not even as good as Peerless Price.  Please people, by what stretch of anyones imagination do you think this guy can beat the #1 corner on other teams.  This guy disappeared against the Pats when Moulds was suspended.  He disappeared after the 1st quarter in the Miami game. 

Evans has caught exactly 48 catches each year.  Hell even diuscounting Peerless 90+ catch season, he had 55 and 52 the previous years.  Not a lot more, but those were in years when we had Remeirsma, Centers and even a young Josh Reed, with lots of catches going elsewhere.  The current system has Moulds, Evans and Reed.  Reed can't even get to Peerless pre-breakout year, seeing that many more balls.

Also with his size and the types of routes he runs, he is non-existant in the redzone.  Again, your #1 has got to be big/good enough to get you TD's down there.  Evans ain't it.  In fact in the redzone, I'd take Reed.

620673[/snapback]

Sorry man...I cant agree with that.

Evans is way better then Peerless who took advantage of Moulds prime years.

I would like to keep Eric as well...but not at the expense of fixing the problem (lines) if we go with status quo we will just keep repeating the results.

I like Evans also, but he isn't even as good as Peerless was.  I dont'feel he'll ever be a #1 WR in the league, but is more of a Peerless type receiver.  That isn't bad, and I don't think for a moment the pick was wasted, but Lee, is not and should not ever be confused with being the ultimate go to guy.

620685[/snapback]

Be ready to eat those words in a year or two. Evans is the REAL DEAL. With JP and a good OL, I think he's going to chew up the NFL.

Be ready to eat those words in a year or two.  Evans is the REAL DEAL.  With JP and a good OL, I think he's going to chew up the NFL.

620689[/snapback]

I'd gladly eat those words. However, if he does it it will not be with Losman.

I'd gladly eat those words.  However, if he does it it will not be with Losman.

620690[/snapback]

I do think LE is going to be a very very good wide out. But he won't be able to w/o a solid #2 to compliment him. A competant QB would go a long way in his development also.