Did any one hear a rumor on Jim Rome yesterday....

Here's the only thing I can think of..... JP is from Tulane which is closer to N.O. and he has SOME experience in the NFL (which isn't squat I know).... who the hell knows... we cut 3 verterans yesterday????

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the Ramsay for a 4th is also true.

616176[/snapback]

Let's just dream that all of this is true. Ramsey for a 4th and then the JP trade for a swap of 1' s and NO's pick in the 4th round. :doh:

I would think that the pick for the Bills would have to be Mario Williams or D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

I would bet it would be Mario. A chance for Marv to get a new Bruce Smith.

Cap wise this makes no sense.  It'll cost us $1.68 Million to keep him but if we cut or trade him the cap hit goes to $3.696 Million.  The figures are from Clumpy's cap page.

616250[/snapback]

If the CBA is sign today the cap goes up to $ 106 mil - then we can absorb JP's hit.

The only thing dumber than the Bills declaring JP a bust after 9 games is the Saints deciding JP is worth giving up substantial draft picks and positioning after 9 games. Doesn't make sense to me.

616156[/snapback]

They have done it before, for a certain ganja smoking RB !

The only thing dumber than the Bills declaring JP a bust after 9 games is the Saints deciding JP is worth giving up substantial draft picks and positioning after 9 games. Doesn't make sense to me.

616156[/snapback]

You got that right. I'd hate to lose JP (especially if we end up with Ramsey...ugh), but you have to listen to and consider an outrageous offer.

[stupid illogical scenario] How about the possibility that the Texans shock everyone, and take D'Brick. Reggie Bush falls to #2. If we do this rumored trade, and Reggie Bush is there, would would want him with McGahee in the same backfield? Draft Mario Williams? What would happen?!?!?! [/stupid illogical scenario]

new orleans would do this if

a) they were not in love with any of the top QBs this year

b) were huge on JP's potential

c) MOST IMPORTANTLY have a big cap concern.

the cap savings they'd have for going from #2 to JP and number 8 is big. they'd also get what they feel is a qb who can play now, and a good player at #8.

Thats what I'm talk about

McCown = First free agent signed!

616434[/snapback]

You do know that McCown's a 4 year player with 22 starts under his belt and a career player rating of 72? You do know that right? Josh is a known failure as a starter, at least JP Losman is still in the unknown stage with only 8 starts.

I'm not understanding this clammoring for Josh McCown at all.

You do know that McCown's a 4 year player with 22 starts under his belt and a career player rating of 72? You do know that right? Josh is a known failure as a starter, at least JP Losman is still in the unknown stage with only 8 starts.

I'm not understanding this clammoring for Josh McCown at all.

616450[/snapback]

You know he played for the Cardinals.

This is what I heard... It may very well be wrong.... We swap 1st round picks this year (probably to move up to get D'Brick) and they get JP while we get their 3rd and 4th round picks as well this year... Just a rumor that I overheard.... Could be completely false but interesting if it has any truth to it ....????

616146[/snapback]

I am a believer in JP at least through the next season. THAT being said, the trade you describe would be a fantastic benefit to us. I just can't believe NO could offer it. Again..NO did give up its entire draft pick selection to get Ricky Williams.

This is what I heard... It may very well be wrong.... We swap 1st round picks this year (probably to move up to get D'Brick) and they get JP while we get their 3rd and 4th round picks as well this year... Just a rumor that I overheard.... Could be completely false but interesting if it has any truth to it ....????

616146[/snapback]

I'd do it. And it has nothing to do with my opinion of Losman. Hell, I'd trade my mother for that kind of deal...