At #8 do we take the best player available?

This may sound ridiculous but amidst the recent cuts and certainly more to come, do we have ANY stregths? We now have a hole at safety, we are thin at linebacker, we have no offensive/defensive line. Who knows what we have at wr/te with Everett yet to see a week of time and Moulds team status in the air.

Next year we are just going to flat out suck. I don't want to sound like the DOOMED guy or anything but we are getting rid of all the glimmer of hope players we have left. This brings me to the point of this here post.

With so many holes where do you start? We need help everywhere.

Yikes, can you say rebuilding....

again....

:unsure:

The_Real

We're not that thin on LBs. We have 3 starters and 1 good replacement (Crowel) along with 2 good special teamers. That's a lot better than most teams.

As for being thin... heck we were 29th in offense and 30th in defense. It's not like we can take much of a step back. We've got a bumper crop of free agents and cap room to get some. I'm not that worried.

My philosophy with pick #8: Take the best overall prospect that fills a position of at least moderate need. On a team that was 5-11 last year and needing a lot of help, that basically means that I would not go into this draft targeting any specific position at 8.

We're not that thin on LBs.  We have 3 starters and 1 good replacement (Crowel) along with 2 good special teamers.  That's a lot better than most teams.

As for being thin... heck we were 29th in offense and 30th in defense.  It's not like we can take much of a step back.  We've got a bumper crop of free agents and cap room to get some.  I'm not that worried.

615781[/snapback]

Posey is awful and Spikes is returning from a devastating injury. The Bills were bad, but a drop down to 3-13 is going to cause a frickin' mutiny. Dick Jauron will have more "For Sale" signs than Re-Max.

We're not that thin on LBs.  We have 3 starters and 1 good replacement (Crowel) along with 2 good special teamers.  That's a lot better than most teams.

As for being thin... heck we were 29th in offense and 30th in defense.  It's not like we can take much of a step back.  We've got a bumper crop of free agents and cap room to get some.  I'm not that worried.

615781[/snapback]

Listen I love Takeo, but the chances of him coming back 100% are slim. If he does great but I'm not counting on it. Posey has done nothing to prove he's an elite lb. Fletcher is pure gold. Him I'll give you. After that Crowell is decent but then who? Stamer? Come one man, he's average at best and then we have an even bigger fall off.

We may be alright but there are alot of questions yet to be answered.

T-R

Posey is awful and Spikes is returning from a devastating injury.  The Bills were bad, but a drop down to 3-13 is going to cause a frickin' mutiny.  Dick Jauron will have more "For Sale" signs than Re-Max.

615816[/snapback]

Badol, what do you mean by "mutiny?" Sorry Bro, I don't quite understand.

Do the fans in WNY expect a playoff team next year? Will fans stop going to games with a 3-13 season? If so, why? The economy?

This may sound ridiculous but amidst the recent cuts and certainly more to come, do we have ANY stregths?  We now have a hole at safety, we are thin at linebacker, we have no offensive/defensive line.  Who knows what we have at wr/te with Everett yet to see a week of time and Moulds team status in the air. 

Next year we are just going to flat out suck.  I don't want to sound like the DOOMED guy or anything but we are getting rid of all the glimmer of hope players we have left.  This brings me to the point of this here post. 

With so many holes where do you start?  We need help everywhere. 

again....

:doh: 

The_Real

615763[/snapback]

You're correct except if we draft another RB in the first round.

Guest BackInDaDay

Marv, please dedicate this draft to getting younger and faster on D!

Choose the quickest hard hitting defender available. It doesn't matter if he's the 1st or 2nd best prospect, as long as he plays DE, DT, LB, or Safety and flies to the ball. Let's bring back those swarming Bills Ds!

This may sound ridiculous but amidst the recent cuts and certainly more to come, do we have ANY stregths?  We now have a hole at safety, we are thin at linebacker, we have no offensive/defensive line.  Who knows what we have at wr/te with Everett yet to see a week of time and Moulds team status in the air. 

Next year we are just going to flat out suck.  I don't want to sound like the DOOMED guy or anything but we are getting rid of all the glimmer of hope players we have left.  This brings me to the point of this here post. 

With so many holes where do you start?  We need help everywhere. 

again....

:doh: 

The_Real

615763[/snapback]

That player better be a OT, OG or DT.

Badol, what do you mean by "mutiny?" Sorry Bro, I don't quite understand.

Do the fans in WNY expect a playoff team next year? Will fans stop going to games with a 3-13 season? If so, why? The economy?

615847[/snapback]

My interpretation of most of his post lately are, "I hate Levy and Jauron". Could save a lot of typing.