if Drew struggles against NE

SuperBills12

What do you guys think? I mean the Ralph is going to get ugly if Drew and the Bills struggle....do you think Mularky will move Bledsoe if he struggles a half?

45056[/snapback]

Don`t you mean "when" he struggles?

i disagree. i think if he pulls a 2nd straight crap performance like he did last week he gets benched. there is no way an nfl coach who expects to keep his job can tolerate that type of play out of the qb position.

that said, i think he plays better next week. not necessarily "good," just "better," ...as in, just better enough to keep his job...for now.

as much as i like bledsoe, i just don't see this ending well for him. he'll be wearing another uniform next year.

i think if he pulls a 2nd straight crap performance like he did last week he gets benched.  there is no way an nfl coach who expects to keep his job can tolerate that type of play out of the qb position.

45085[/snapback]

Agree 100%, if:

1. Bledsoe plays truly wretched... not merely ineffective but horrible

AND

2. 70,000+ at the Ralph are looking for blood.

GW was an idiot for leaving him in last year,

I don't think MM makes the same mistake.

If it's more of Drew-as-usual, you bet your a$$ he should get pulled. But will he? That depends on how big a pair Coach M has in his BVDs. If he does, then that tells me he's his own guy. If not, then the Bills have TD's lapdog for a coach.

One thing I know for sure...the Patriots told their team that the guy who knocks Drew out of the game gets a big fat FINE! They are counting on the Bills being stupid and leaving Drew in. They want Drew in, and so does every team we play.

PTR

If it's more of Drew-as-usual, you bet your a$$ he should get pulled.  But will he?  That depends on how big a pair Coach M has in his BVDs.  If he does, then that tells me he's his own guy.  If not, then the Bills have TD's lapdog for a coach.

One thing I know for sure...the Patriots told their team that the guy who knocks Drew out of the game gets a big fat FINE!  They are counting on the Bills being stupid and leaving Drew in.  They want Drew in, and so does every team we play.

PTR

45098[/snapback]

We know Bledsoe is gone after this year, along with a lot of other players. The only important question, as I see it, is how many losses will it take before Ralph replaces Donahoe. What's your guess?

I think if this team still loses once Losman is in there and Magahee shows nothing special and Mike Williams proves he was truly a poor #4 pick, Ralph will clean house again. If they win a game or two under Losman, Dona hoe keeps his job.

What are you guys gonna do when Bledsoe is pulled and Matthew stinks up the joint? At that point is Mularkey the scapegoat, just like Williams and Gilbride were last year? This team has a problem on offense. The skill players are slow and scare no one. The OL is not good. Bledsoe's lack of mobility is clearly a problem, but it's not the only problem. Henry is a tough SOB, but he strikes fear in no one. Moulds is overrated by Bills fans. We have only 2nd string tight ends. This is a slow boring team. We are what we are and 6-10 is it.

Only 2 games into the season and it's already Bledslow talk. It's going to be a long long season. :flirt:

45094[/snapback]

After last weeks game Bledsoe has justified the "Bledslow talk". The sack were horrible but when the line held he threw like a girl. It may be a long season. I supported Drew until last week. It is time to get off the pot. Mathews probably isn't going to take us to the superbowl but how many more times can we watch this team start to move the ball only to see Drew melt into the collapsing pocket (and fumbling the ball). It's like a bad repeating nightmare that has haunted me for two and a half years.

Teams know how to beat us with Drew at QB. I would take the gamble and pull a surprize start with Mathews against NE. It's a huge gamble but this is the only game that I can remember knowing that we will be crushed in the we start Drew. I don't want to give Bilchek (sp?) the satisfaction.

This team isn't that far from being a good team. As bad as the Bills played they should have won both of the first two games. Put Mathews in next week. If he bombs put Drew back in and see if he has the motivation to change his game. After two and a half years it doesn't look like Drew is capable of turning this around. Our teams isn't "billsfanone" but I believe Drew is.

no way does matthews replace bledsoe, if he's healthy. That guy has to have his leg broken or a knee torn to be replaced by matthews. The what if talk about loseman is just that. what if. No way in hell does bledsoe get benched for matthews. Bledsoe can put together 26 bad games in a row, or 260 bad games in a row, but matthews will never make the field without bledsoe on the back of a john deere gator.

What are you guys gonna do when Bledsoe is pulled and Matthew stinks up the joint?  At that point is Mularkey the scapegoat, just like Williams and Gilbride were last year?  This team has a problem on offense.  The skill players are slow and scare no one.  The OL is not good.  Bledsoe's lack of mobility is clearly a problem, but it's not the only problem.  Henry is a tough SOB, but he strikes fear in no one.  Moulds is overrated by Bills fans.  We have only 2nd string tight ends.  This is a slow boring team.  We are what we are and 6-10 is it.

45673[/snapback]

I generally don't respond to Guests, but you have voiced some opinions that I think have some merit. I was wondering myself if this team was SLOW. Travis is for sure, Moulds may be getting there. If that is indeed the case, then Gilbride HAD to go. His offense is totally wrong if the team has no speed. OTOH- MM has the right offense in place to win as many games as possible UNTIL we can re-tool the offense a bit. I think McGahee, Evans, and Losman were all picks designed to make this team faster.

Maybe Donahoe realized this and is trying to solve the problem?

All I know is, if the season tanks, and the Bills are 2-7 or 2-8, we had better see alot of Losman. But I will still hope for a rebound, and a playoff year with Losman not seeing the field until mop-up time in the SB...

Hey, a guy can dream cant he?

I generally don't respond to Guests, but you have voiced some opinions that I think have some merit. I was wondering myself if this team was SLOW. Travis is for sure, Moulds may be getting there. If that is indeed the case, then Gilbride HAD to go. His offense is totally wrong if the team has no speed. OTOH- MM has the right offense in place to win as many games as possible UNTIL we can re-tool the offense a bit. I think McGahee, Evans, and Losman were all picks designed to make this team faster.

Maybe Donahoe realized this and is trying to solve the problem?

All I know is, if the season tanks, and the Bills are 2-7 or 2-8, we had better see alot of Losman. But I will still hope for a rebound, and a playoff year with Losman not seeing the field until mop-up time in the SB...

Hey, a guy can dream cant he?

45732[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply. I don't usually respond to people named Zona because I don't know who they are, but I'll make an exception.

This season could get turned around pretty easily. Afterall, we lost two games by a combined 6 points and could be 2-0.

I think the Bills OL takes a lot more heat than it should. The OL is not great, but there is an overall problem on offense. This is not a one player problem. We lack talent on the offensive side of the ball and our "star" players are vastly overrated by Bills fans.

MM's offensive style is precisely what this team needs. We'll win by a few or lose by a few. That's the best we can hope for until we can re-tool.