Truth & Rumors on CNNSI

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a little looking up. Ramsay is cheap for this year about 1.6 million, but then he is a FA, so if we do this they had better sign him to a longer term deal. Also, what happens with Holcomb or Losman because to be honest one of them will become the 3rd stringer.

I did a little looking up. Ramsay is cheap for this year about 1.6 million, but then he is a FA, so if we do this they had better sign him to a longer term deal.  Also, what happens with Holcomb or Losman because to be honest one of them will become the 3rd stringer.

614632[/snapback]

According to Bills Daily, it would cost money to cut eiter one. He does not have the figures for Losman (unlikely in any event) and he lists Holcomb at costing 1.5 to cut.

My guess is that they would both remain and that you are correct in assuming that one would probably be third string if they made this deal.

According to Bills Daily, it would cost money to cut eiter one. He does not have the figures for Losman (unlikely in any event) and he lists Holcomb at costing 1.5 to cut.

My guess is that they would both remain and that you are correct in assuming that one would probably be third string if they made this deal.

614636[/snapback]

I haven't looked there but I thought Losman actually saved 2 million on the cap if he was cut this year.

Kornheiser on Ramsey, in part, from today's comPost:

"Ramsey's flaws are obvious. He isn't nimble, and he doesn't get rid of the ball fast enough. Every time he dropped back to pass and held the ball tightly, he seemed on his way to his own execution. But he was always willing to take a hit for the team, and never tried to undermine it. He leaves here with the best wishes of a community that appreciates his effort and his decorum going out."

You should also read the rest of the article. It's pretty accurate, I believe. It basically talks about how when Gibbs returned as HC of the Skins, he immediately set about re-instating Brunnell at the go-to QB. He also went about drafting Campbell as the QB of the future. This should tell us something. If a respected HOF football coach thinks this about Ramsey's potential, why would we want him??? Ramsey almost sounds like a younger version of the lastest version of Drew Bledsoe. I'll pass.

Kornheiser on Ramsey, in part, from today's comPost:

"Ramsey's flaws are obvious. He isn't nimble, and he doesn't get rid of the ball fast enough. Every time he dropped back to pass and held the ball tightly, he seemed on his way to his own execution. But he was always willing to take a hit for the team, and never tried to undermine it. He leaves here with the best wishes of a community that appreciates his effort and his decorum going out."

You should also read the rest of the article.  It's pretty accurate, I believe.  It basically talks about how when Gibbs returned as HC of the Skins, he immediately set about re-instating Brunnell at the go-to QB.  He also went about drafting Campbell as the QB of the future.  This should tell us something.  If a respected HOF football coach thinks this about Ramsey's potential, why would we want him???  Ramsey almost sounds like a younger version of the lastest version of Drew Bledsoe.  I'll pass.

614641[/snapback]

Apparently another HOF coach doesn't agree with JG. :D

Apparently another HOF coach doesn't agree with JG.  :D

614644[/snapback]

I see where you are going, but it is different with said "hall of fame" coaches.

Look at Parcells.....He recently signed a 2 year extention. He seems content to go with Drew, and who can blame him? How many better qbs can he develop in 2 years? As for trades, he needs his picks to "win now" at his age (and contract status).

I think that the same would apply to Gibbs. I never cared for Brunnell, but he is an old pro. It is unfair to think that Ramsey was going to be as polished as Brunell in a short time span.

Last year for the Bills was a great example of how hard it is to replace a proven vet with a nobody. It might have been a good move for the team in terms of long term results (not so sure, but very possible), but doing so does not suit the needs of older "legends" with a shorter future left in the game.

Btw, nothing in this post should indicate that I have anything but complete respect for Gibbs and Parcells. I would kill to have either of them coach the Bills.

Cutting Losman or Holcomb and signing ramsey would be an incredibly stupid move. I can't understand why anyone would even suggest that.

614659[/snapback]

In terms of the cap hit I agree, but I am thinking that Holcomb is no better than Ramsey, who at least has an upside.

In terms of the cap hit I agree, but I am thinking that Holcomb is no better than Ramsey, who at least has an upside.

614664[/snapback]

And see I'd rather cut Losman and keep Holcomb. It's various views that make the world go round. :D

I see where you are going, but it is different with said "hall of fame" coaches.

Look at Parcells.....He recently signed a 2 year extention. He seems content to go with Drew, and who can blame him? How many better qbs can he develop in 2 years? As for trades, he needs his picks to "win now" at his age (and contract status).

I think that the same would apply to Gibbs. I never cared for Brunnell, but he is an old pro. It is unfair to think that Ramsey was going to be as polished as Brunell in a short time span.

Last year for the Bills was a great example of how hard it is to replace a proven vet with a nobody. It might have been a good move for the team in terms of long term results (not so sure, but very possible), but doing so does not suit the needs of older "legends" with a shorter future left in the game.

Btw, nothing in this post should indicate that I have anything but complete respect for Gibbs and Parcells. I would kill to have either of them coach the Bills.

614653[/snapback]

Mine was meant to come off as tongue in cheek.

I'd have traded Ramsey for a 4th a few years ago. Not now, though. His confidence is shot, after what he went through in DC.

And even before his confidence was shot, he was never quite the guy you wanted behind a porous offensive line...which is one of the significant contributors to his confidence being wrecked anyway.

And see I'd rather cut Losman and keep Holcomb.  It's various views that make the world go round.  :P

614669[/snapback]

No matter how short-sighted and absurd those views are at times ;)

Yeah, we know all we need to know about a kid after he plays 8 games :D

No matter how short-sighted and absurd those views are at times  ;)

Yeah, we know all we need to know about a kid after he plays 8 games  :D

614697[/snapback]

A lot of people are willing to give up on Coy Wire after 8 games. How is that any dofferent?