Best Bills plan yet

LevysEraII

At first I thought it would be a good idea to let EM walk. But when I saw the kind've numbers Vernon Davis put up at the combine I began to think about how sick Buffalo's offense could be with Davis, Moulds, Evans, Parrish, Everett and McGahee could be!!! How to you strategize against a team that can field a basic I Formation or 3 WR set with a TE and a back or a 2 TE set with a back and 2 WR or a 2 TE set with 3 WR's or... You get the point.

Then you use the rest of the draft and free agency to plug in some holes on both lines and there you have it. A productive and potentially great offseason.

blitz them up the middle. game over.

613626[/snapback]

Not if you bring in the right lineman via draft and free agency. Blitz up the middle and leave all of those guys man to man?? It would be more like, blitz up the middle and get burned!. Like Marv used to say, "Thank You for the blitz!!!!!!"

Ngata is the pick if he is there....but if not, davis is sure hard to pass up.  Still, u just can't do it.  YOU JUST CAN'T!!  Davis is a luxury player, we have real needs on this football team.

613630[/snapback]

Not true. Davis is a game changer. Not a luxury player. BTW, TE is a need. KE was drafted by the last regime. Who knows how the new guys feel about him and he is injury prone.

Like I said. Draft O-linemen with some of our other picks and use free agency and walaa!!!

613611[/snapback]

If we keep Moulds, I don't think we'll have enough money to fix both lines plus pay for Clements. And outside of the 1st round, it gets much harder to find instant starters along the lines - which is what we need. Maybe a starting G or C can be found outside round 1, but its REALLY hard to find a starting LT or DE or DT outside round 1.

Now if we cut Moulds...and if both Ngata and Da Brick are gone at #8, I, uh, er, SUPPOSE I could support drafting Davis...but if so, we better go all out in free agency - LeCharles Bentley, Darren Howard, the works!

At first I thought it would be a good idea to let EM walk. But when I saw the kind've numbers Vernon Davis put up at the combine I began to think about how sick Buffalo's offense could be with Davis, Moulds, Evans, Parrish, Everett and McGahee could be!!! How to you strategize against a team that can field a basic I Formation or 3 WR set with a TE and a back or a 2 TE set with a back and 2 WR or a 2 TE set with 3 WR's or... You get the point.

Then you use the rest of the draft and free agency to plug in some holes on both lines and there you have it. A productive and potentially great offseason.

613605[/snapback]

unless you can develop a game plan where the QB does a one-step drop, you have no chance at success.

the Bills OL as it is right now would have a hard time starting for any Division I team.

613605[/snapback]

Well, It would be nice to have a TE that seems to have good speed and hands. But the Bills are coming off a 5 -11 season, and IIRC, 28th in offense and 29th in defense.

I don't think Davis' attrubutes are going to turn that around. And if recent history is any guide, picking up those good FA OL's and DL's is easier said than done.

If we still had Teflon V. Davis would have been on the radar. Gone are the days of getting sexy in the draft. We were spoiled by alot of flash and when it came down to it the players in the trenches didn't perform. Ryan Denney, Tim Anderson and Chris Kelsey. They just don't cut it at the spots they were drafted at!

Lets take the safe pick. I want to see some picks pan out.

If we still had Teflon V. Davis would have been on the radar.  Gone are the days of getting sexy in the draft.  We were spoiled by alot of flash and when it came down to it the players in the trenches didn't perform.  Ryan Denney, Tim Anderson and Chris Kelsey.  They just don't cut it at the spots they were drafted at!

Lets take the safe pick.  I want to see some picks pan out.

613709[/snapback]

Hate to tell ya, but V. Davis is the only sure thing in this draft.

At first I thought it would be a good idea to let EM walk. But when I saw the kind've numbers Vernon Davis put up at the combine I began to think about how sick Buffalo's offense could be with Davis, Moulds, Evans, Parrish, Everett and McGahee could be!!!

613605[/snapback]

If you don't have a OL none of that matters......The bills have to chip off

at other positions to build their line(s).....That were all the architecting will

have to start to make a playoff push.

VD is a stud and I am surprising myself to say that I am not opposed if he is picked. I just don't know what plan b would be for the lines.

Also, I just heard ESPN News report that a new CBA should be done in the next 24 hrs at 102- 107 mill. If that happens, keeping Eric is much more possible. A word of caution though, it was the pencil necked geek who made the espn report.

Again people, if Brick is gone (likely) and Mario is gone (likely), the only lineman on either side of the ball left worth taking at #8 is Ngata (50/50 chance at still being on the board). We cannot force feed drafting a lineman at that draft slot if there isn't one worthy. To me, it would be a very long and difficult decision between Ngata and Davis.

613605[/snapback]

The offensive weapons would be great, but we still need someone to throw the ball to them consistently. It's easy to strategize when the QB position is shaky at best!

Again people, if Brick is gone (likely) and Mario is gone (likely), the only lineman on either side of the ball left worth taking at #8 is Ngata (50/50 chance at still being on the board). We cannot force feed drafting a lineman at that draft slot if there isn't one worthy. To me, it would be a very long and difficult decision between Ngata and Davis.

613749[/snapback]

You take the guy who's in shape. Davis is the next NFL freak.

Ngata looked very blubbery to me.