Aaron Brooks

major

Ummm, not no but hell no! After seeing him down here for the past couple years, i've come to the conclusion that Brooks is too damn stupid to be an NFL QB. He's not the brightest color in the box for sure. Also the first time he throws a pick, then smile and blame his reciever, all of Buffalo will be ready to hang him.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Brooks is not a good quarterback. The only New Orleans player i want up here is LeCharles Bentley.

In response to him furthering Losman's development, NO! If anything all Brooks would do is cause an even further regress in Losman's already below average development. I don't want him anywhere around JP Losman, i wouldn't even let his dirty clothes rub up next to Losman's at a laundry mat. :D

And that is the bottom line.

Is he better than Holcomb and JP?

I´d say yes.

Why not see if he´s a viable option?

612938[/snapback]

Its like this Luisma. Lets say you meet this nice girl. She has a really pretty face and some nice cans but she is about 20lbs overweight. At the same time, she has been going to the gym, eating right and at times you think hmmm, I just might want to hit that, especially if she drops a few. I will give her some time.

There is this other girl. She isn't hot but she isn't ugly and you have hooked up with her before. It is 2:30 AM, you have been striking out all night and you call her on the way home, do you thing and that is it. You hope you can do better next time and you probably will.

The third chick is this skank you always see at the bar. She is pretty good looking, but she smokes, she swears a lot, none of your friends like her, and she probably has an STD. You get a really drunk and if you do take her home she can't leave in the morning fast enough. You ask yourself, why did I do that last night.

The first is JP and the second is Holcomb and the 3rd is Brooks.

Its like this Luisma. Lets say you meet this nice girl. She has a really pretty face a some nice cans but she is about 20lbs overweight. At the same time, she has been going to the gym, eating right and at times you think hmmm, I just might want to hit that, especially if she drops a few. I will give her some time.

There is this other girl. She isn't hot but she isn't ugly and you have hooked up with her before. It is 2:30 AM, you have been striking all night and you call her on the way home, do you thing and that is it. You hope you can do better next time and you probably will.

The third chick is this skank you always see at the bar. She is pretty good looking, but she smokes, she swears a lot, none of your friends like her, and she probably has an STD. You get a really drunk and if you do take her home she can't leave in the morning fast enough. You ask yourself, why did I do that last night.

612951[/snapback]

BRAVO! :D

Although, you may be giving old Aaron a little too much credit. :doh:

Its like this Luisma. Lets say you meet this nice girl. She has a really pretty face a some nice cans but she is about 20lbs overweight. At the same time, she has been going to the gym, eating right and at times you think hmmm, I just might want to hit that, especially if she drops a few. I will give her some time.

There is this other girl. She isn't hot but she isn't ugly and you have hooked up with her before. It is 2:30 AM, you have been striking all night and you call her on the way home, do you thing and that is it. You hope you can do better next time and you probably will.

612951[/snapback]

:D Thanks for the laughs, but I don´t necesarily agree with it. :doh:

Three players, you decide:

Grade: 73 | Key

Alert: None

Comment:

His mechanics are basically good. He gets back quickly and carries the ball high. He pushed off his back foot and he can get good velocity when the situation calls for it. He has good patience although at times he holds the ball too long and takes a hit as a result. He can buy time with his movement in the pocket and he has the ability to throw with very good accuracy when on the run. When he pulls the ball down he is a dangerous runner with his speed and elusiveness. He has good command of the offense and he has awareness for the protection breaking down. He has so much confidence in his ability that he occasionally takes chances with the ball and he will try to force the ball where it should not be thrown. He gets some balls batted down because he occasionally winds up to throw. He needs to do a better job of recognition in terms of seeing the blitz and recognition of coverages.

Grade: 67 | KeyAlert: AD

Comment:

He is a blue-collar journeyman type QB, that probably has stuck around because of his instincts and grasp of the offense, and ability to get everybody lined up. He doesn't' have great physical tools, you aren't wild about his arm strength, he only has adequate zip on the deep outs, he will struggle to throw the ball into tight spots and his deep ball will sail at times. XXXXX will sometimes see the opening in the defense, but just doesn't have the physical skills to drive the ball in there. He is not going to take off and run out of the pocket, although he has adequate movement within the pocket, he is not a great athlete. Overall, xxxxx will turn 33 during the off season and is on the downside of his career.

Grade: 68 | KeyAlert: DY

Comment:

He gets excellent velocity on his deep out routes and he has the arm strength to fit the ball into tight spots. Has a quick, snap release. He does a nice job of throwing on the run and is capable of throwing across his body. He has very good athletic ability and is capable of making something happen when the original play breaks down. Has quick feet, is agile and will buy second chances in the pocket. Is a threat to run and has above average speed. Seems to be at his best when rolling outside of the pocket. However, while XXXXX does have very good arm strength and athletic ability, he has several characteristics that make us nervous in terms of his long-term NFL future. He lacks ideal height and has had some trouble seeing the entire field from the pocket. He struggles with pre-snap reads and doesn't consistently do a good enough job of looking off safeties on downfield throws.

So choose one.  They all have issues.  Two are less intelligent.  One has the better arm, and one is cocky. 

None are great.

612982[/snapback]

I choose Losman. He could turn out to be great or he could turn out to be a bust. We know what we are getting with Brooks or Holcomb and neither will bring the Bills a title. At least we can hold out hope that JP has upside, which is more than we can say for the other two.