Why have so many people given up on Jp?

It coming to my attention that Bills fans aren't too sure on Jp but i say give him a chance. The only reason why Jp isn't that good is that we have an o-line that can't block:

LT, Gandy; Has got to go or stay as a back up. He not good enough to be name the starter.

LG, Anderson; GONE!!!! Need I say more.

C, Preston; He's taking over for Teague. This is our most important position on offense I think. Lets seethe center is responsible for telling the rest of the o-line who is going to blitz and each person they should be blocking. Preston is really going to have to step up.

RG, Villarial; Probably the best player on the O-line. Yeah sure he getting old but he can still block well and he is a great teacher for the younger guys on this team.

RT, Peters; Well he looked good last season. I think were set on him.

Over the years I've noticed that we seem to have a new Qb every three years or so and then we cut him because we blame him for the demise of the offense. But what I've seen ever since Flutie left is that we have no confidence in our Qb which in turn makes us want another Qb for this team. Rather what been killing this team for the past 5 year is the O-line. For example when Bledsoe was in Buffalo his first year he looked great and that was because the O-line had confidence in him. After that year the O-line completely fell apart like this year and we blamed most of the problems on Bledsoe and ultimately he was thrown out of Buffalo it seemed. Now that he's in Dallas they HAVE a better O-line than we do and they give him time to pass the ball. When this happens he's a very good Qb.

This is sort of what I'm seeing happen with Jp. We are trying to say that Jp is not a good QB because he looked bad in the games he played in. And we say Holcomb is better than JP because he has a better completion % or he has a better arm, but who cares. Holcomb is not a starting Qb. He always been a VERY good backup, not starter, a backup. I think the we should stick with JP this year for ALL 16 games even if he looks bad. Last year we did that stupid thing were we kept having a change at Qb. This totally destroys the learning process. Look this is Jp's third year but we CAN'T give up on him yet. Remember John Elway it took him 3 year before he became a good Qb. Look at what he did for his team after that. Who knows maybe Jp is that kind of Qb. I thought our motto was to Billieve, well it sure doesn't look like we billieve in Losman's ablities. We need to support this team better. EVERY SINGLE YEAR it seems we want this team to make the playoffs but we never think about rebuilding this team until the end of the season when were losing and we come to our senses saying "why didn't we that this year to rebuild this team". Well this year has to be the year. I don't care if we make the playoffs, that should be the last thing on our minds. We need to rebuild:

Confidence and trust in our GM.

Confidence and trust in our HC.

Confidence and trust in the O-line that they will get better.

Confidence and trust in the defense that they will be better in the future.

Confidence to Billieve in Jp. That he will be a good Qb and he will lead this team in the future.

We need to do these this first before we even think about reaching the playoffs.

The whole 'open competition' thing is the best thing that could happen to JP. He's got no pressure on him whatsoever....yet at the same time he's got to show some nuts and take the job from Holcomb and whoever else they bring in here. I think it wills say a lot about where JP's mind is at.

Confidence and trust in our GM.

Confidence and trust in our HC.

Confidence and trust in the O-line that they will get better.

Confidence and trust in the defense that they will be better in the future.

Confidence to Billieve in Jp.  That he will be a good Qb and he will lead this team in the future.

We need to do these this first before we even think about reaching the playoffs.

612426[/snapback]

Am I being Punk'd?

The whole 'open competition' thing is the best thing that could happen to JP. He's got no pressure on him whatsoever....yet at the same time he's got to show some nuts and take the job from Holcomb and whoever else they bring in here. I think it wills say a lot about where JP's mind is at.

612528[/snapback]

Another reason a Qb competition is good going int camp is if JP comes out on top he has proven hes the best QB out of camp and earns the respect of his teammates. How JP got the Job last year was BS he knew and the players knew it. As a qb you have to earn the respect of your players and it starts with winning the competiton of QB in camp. I dont see any reason right now with the QBs on this team that JP would not easily win hands down.

Another reason a Qb competition is good going int camp is if JP comes out on top he has proven hes the best QB out of camp and earns the respect of his teammates. How JP got the Job last year was BS he knew and the players knew it. As a qb you have to earn the respect of your players and it starts with winning the competiton of QB in camp. I dont see any reason right now with the QBs on this team that JP would not easily win hands down.

612716[/snapback]

I hope your right. :D

I don't believe JP has the mental toughness to win at this level. I remember listening to the postgame coverage of the Falcons game, a game where he did not play well. He said that he thought things were coming along and there were times we all could see how things were coming together for him. Problem was, I didn't see those times at all. no one I was with saw the positive plays. i saw him throw the ball at several people's feet. It sounded like he was trying to convince himself that he could do it. I don't think he can. But I hope he makes me eat crow.

On another note. Now that Satan was fired we see some progress. Cutting MW is a recognition that TD didn't know best. Holding on to MW last season was a sign of vanity if you ask me. I like the way the team is headed in this offseason. With the coaching and front office changes i wouldnt be surprised if JP gets neglected though. Think Joe Gibbs and Patrick Ramsey. Losman is TD and MM's guy, not Jauron and Levy's.

612528[/snapback]

That`s right,I like your thinking.

I don't believe JP has the mental toughness to win at this level. I remember listening to the postgame coverage of the Falcons game, a game where he did not play well. He said that he thought things were coming along and there were times we all could see how things were coming together for him. Problem was, I didn't see those times at all. no one I was with saw the positive plays. i saw him throw the ball at several people's feet. It sounded like he was trying to convince himself that he could do it. I don't think he can. But I hope he makes me eat crow.

On another note. Now that Satan was fired we see some progress. Cutting MW is a recognition that TD didn't know best. Holding on to MW last season was a sign of vanity if you ask me. I like the way the team is headed in this offseason. With the coaching and front office changes i wouldnt be surprised if JP gets neglected though. Think Joe Gibbs and Patrick Ramsey. Losman is TD and MM's guy, not Jauron and Levy's.

613135[/snapback]

You never know he could be like Elway. It took him 3 years before he was any good. Maybe JP is the same.

Face it. JP was put i na horrible situation. He was given the QB job for a team that just missed the playoffs with a bunch of veterans. No QB is coming in and dominating the NFL. And Big Ben got the job by injury and hardly was dominant. however, his confidence grew every game. But then this is today's mentality of immediate gratification. JP is a not a polished QB and it will take time. Personally, if he can keep his confidence and win a couple of games, I think he will be a good pro QB. Ultimately, the Bills may have given up on him before this occurs.