Bills Interview QB at Combine Today

Astrobot

Brodie Croyle – QB - Alabama

Measured in at 6'2 1/3, 205. He has met with the Chiefs, Jets, Bills, Broncos and Dolphins.

Source

This is the only mention of the Bills interviewing anyone on 3 draft sites I checked.

Croyle would be a RD#3 pick, the 6th-rated QB, and ranked about #78 in Draft Showcase's Top 100.

Astro

The QB the Bills ought to really look at is the 2005 Payton Award winner (the top 1-AA player), from Eastern Washington University, Erik Meyer.

611042[/snapback]

Payton Award = Top OFFENSIVE player in AA.

No biggie...just thought I'd make the adjustment.

You are correct......But in so that the "best" player is almost always from the "O" he ranks right up there....but alas what does it all mean its still 1-AA. Nobody from 1-AA ever became anything....Oh thats right the guy this award is named after ended up being an ok player.

You are correct......But in so that the "best" player is almost always from the "O" he ranks right up there....but alas what does it all mean its still 1-AA.  Nobody from 1-AA ever became anything....Oh thats right the guy this award is named after ended up being an ok player.

611054[/snapback]

:lol:

You are correct......But in so that the "best" player is almost always from the "O" he ranks right up there....but alas what does it all mean its still 1-AA.  Nobody from 1-AA ever became anything....Oh thats right the guy this award is named after ended up being an ok player.

611054[/snapback]

not too mention our top Corner/returner was I-AA, our punter was D-II, and our middle linebacker was D-III

Wow!

I think that's pretty cool. I love Brodie Croyle. He has a bionic arm and is VERY accurate. His only knock has been he's thin as a rail and has about as much muscle as Napolean Dynamite.

But I never understood why this was such a problem. You'd think that an NFL Strength & Conditioning coach could fix that in a few months.

Dennis Williams did a story on Brodie Croyle on today's 6 o'clock news (Channel 4) - will probably show it again at 11. Don't know anything about him as a player, but he seems intelligent, well-spoken, and could probably give JP some grooming tips.

OTOH, the Bills probably have more pressing needs than QB in the first 3 rounds, IMO.

BTW - they also had a brief interview with Harry Henderson (Moulds' agent) - nothing new there - typical agent-speak..."well if the Bills want to pay him, he'll probably be back, if they don't, well I'm not so sure, blah blah blah...")

Brodie Croyle – QB - Alabama

Measured in at 6'2 1/3, 205. He has met with the Chiefs, Jets, Bills, Broncos and Dolphins.

Source

This is the only mention of the Bills interviewing anyone on 3 draft sites I checked.

Croyle would be a RD#3 pick, the 6th-rated QB, and ranked about #78 in Draft Showcase's Top 100.

Astro

611007[/snapback]

Brody Croyle reminds me of Rob Johnson in terms of his body-type. He also has a history of injury at Alabama. I think they may actually be twins. :lol:

(OK, they aren't really twins. But why take another stick figure QB with a history of going gimpy?)

The QB I'd like to see the Bills consider selecting is Tarvaris Jackson of Alabama State. I saw him play a little bit at Arkansas before he transferred. He's not the most well known QB prospect in this draft by any means, but he is one of the most talented. He'll be picked in the last three rounds and will be an excellent project for some team.