Lets hope that Ngata is a Bust at the Combine

firstngoal

I'm more hoping either Mario Williams or D'Brickashaw Ferguson would slip due to poor combine performances so that either (or both, since we're dealing in the not likelys here) are available w/ the 8th overall pick.

609381[/snapback]

Couldnt agree more R.Rich...especially regarding Mario Williams...he can be the differnce maker on the DE position this team hasn't had since Bruce Smith.

Couldnt agree more R.Rich...especially regarding Mario Williams...he can be the differnce maker on the DE position this team hasn't had since Bruce Smith.

609385[/snapback]

we have one of the better pass rushers at the DE position in schroebel. big problem is lack of pressure from the interior lineman for both run and pass defense. heck, schroebal had a 10 sack season w/o really any help from his defense line counterparts. what difference does it make if u get even more pressure from the outside when there's a big hole in the middle? ngata is what we need

we have one of the better pass rushers at the DE position in schroebel.  big problem is lack of pressure from the interior lineman for both run and pass defense.  heck, schroebal had a 10 sack season w/o really any help from his defense line counterparts.  what difference does it make if u get even more pressure from the outside when there's a big hole in the middle? ngata is what we need

609388[/snapback]

DT's take much longer to develop...and I do agree with you...we do need help at DT...Im hoping the Bills go via FA to address this need so the defense can have another good DT right away...and with Mario and Schoebe l on the edge...Bills could potentially have the makings of a steller DL.

I'm more hoping either Mario Williams or D'Brickashaw Ferguson would slip due to poor combine performances so that either (or both, since we're dealing in the not likelys here) are available w/ the 8th overall pick.

609381[/snapback]

609385[/snapback]

Agreed, Ngata is rated like 9-11th overall. He'd be a slight reach i think. highly drafted DTs rarely do well as rookies(D. Robertson, J. Sullivan just to name two). While ends often flourish, Williams has it all. Him and D'Brick are the guys who excite me most, but if Ngata fulfills his potential, he could really be an impact player a la kris jenkins.

damn draft, every year it drives me nuts

609385[/snapback]

I agree with that, but the only way we'll get him is if we trade up. The Packers or Raiders will almost for sure make him their first selection.

Lets hope that Ngata is a Bust at the Combine

Not gonna happen, but wishful thinking on my part. :D

609379[/snapback]

Of course if he has a bad Combine you will see this board light up with people saying that he is a bust and we should not draft him at all. Just like when he had an average showing in the Bowl game and many fans chimed in saying he was lazy, over-rated and sure to be a bust.

Of course if he has a bad Combine you will see this board light up with people saying that he is a bust and we should not draft him at all.  Just like when he had an average showing in the Bowl game and many fans chimed in saying he was lazy, over-rated and sure to be a bust.

609427[/snapback]

I thought he looked good in the Holiday Bowl. Consistently doubled teamed, and OK still had to run around him.

....Lets hope that Ngata is a bust at the combine??????

Wouldnt it make more sense that a couple additional players shine at the combine? I mean are we really going to want to draft a guy, who on his first test in front of NFL "people" blows it, that, on top of his college injury/s?

I woulld think that if a couple additional guys along with Ngata show great in front of the NFL folks, then at worst we have a better choice when R1-P8 comes up in April.

609381[/snapback]

We can hope but odds are neither will. Though I would still advocate trading down and taking Kiwi over Ngata at #8 this point.

I would prefer if Ferguson slipped up more mainly because he has the most athletic talent out of the o-linemen.

If he doesn't slip up, i would seriously hope that Ngata will slip up.

I think it is almost guarunteed that we get one of them

I would prefer if Ferguson slipped up more mainly because he has the most athletic talent out of the o-linemen.

If he doesn't slip up, i would seriously hope that Ngata will slip up.

I think it is almost guarunteed that we get one of them

609943[/snapback]

Gone before Buffalo picks:

RB Reggie Bush

QB Leinhart

QB Young

QB Cutler

Who's left?

Hawk, Mario, D'Brick, Texas safety, Ngati (Shut your eyes and pick one out of the hat)

I'd be happy with any of these guys...

RB Reggie Bush

QB Leinhart

QB Young

QB Cutler

Who's left?

Hawk, Mario, D'Brick, Texas safety, Ngati (Shut your eyes and pick one out of the hat)

609957[/snapback]

His name is Huff damnit.

You're gonna make me have a stroke.

RB Reggie Bush

QB Leinhart

QB Young

QB Cutler

Who's left?

609957[/snapback]

Cutler's rise could cause Young to fall, and as we saw last year with Rodgers he might fall really low as it seems as though teams are less likely to take QBs early and/or the need for a young QB isn't as high as it used to be.