Sasha Cohen

eball

Interesting day, at 1:00 pm three American young ladies in the top 10 in the world will compete in womens singles final. Buffalo has ties to this in that Kimmie Meissner who is 16 years old , her parents from Buffalo and both her grand parent still reside there and Leo Roth is her Uncle. All three are lovely young ladies Kim Meissner and Emily Hughes 16 years old and the future ahead and great opportunity today, Sasha Cohen if she can hold it together , a gold medal and that is very special.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting day, at 1:00 pm  three American young ladies in the top 10 in the world will compete in womens singles final.  Buffalo has ties to this in that  Kimmie Meissner who is 16 years old , her parents from Buffalo and both her grand parent still reside there and Leo Roth is her Uncle.  All three are lovely young ladies Kim Meissner and Emily Hughes 16 years old and the future ahead and great opportunity today, Sasha Cohen if she can hold it together , a gold medal and that is very special.

609304[/snapback]

Meissner is a Baltimore gal. I know this because the local media won't STFU about her.

Interesting day, at 1:00 pm  three American young ladies in the top 10 in the world will compete in womens singles final.  Buffalo has ties to this in that  Kimmie Meissner who is 16 years old , her parents from Buffalo and both her grand parent still reside there and Leo Roth is her Uncle.  All three are lovely young ladies Kim Meissner and Emily Hughes 16 years old and the future ahead and great opportunity today, Sasha Cohen if she can hold it together , a gold medal and that is very special.

609304[/snapback]

If you can get past having to repeatedly hear Scott Hamilton orgasm, it's actually pretty enjoyable to watch.

Kind of wish Buffalo media would have spoke up more. Her parents are from Buffalo and moved to Baltimore area. Much has been said about Sasha Cohen and then Emily Hughes as Emily took the place of a very special American Skater Michelle Kwan, Kimmie Meissner was in the middle and not as much said about her. She did place second to Cohen at the Nationals and is only 16, very much just a very young , young lady. Its special to see such folks excell.

Here is Leo's article

Roth

Meissner is a Baltimore gal.  I know this because the local media won't STFU about her.

609320[/snapback]

No, she is a Philly girl (at least according to the non-stop coverage of her here).  :D

609692[/snapback]

Well, she lives in Harford Co. MD., but does most of her training at The Pond in Delaware (UofD campus) I believe.

Well, she lives in Harford Co. MD., but does most of her training at The Pond in Delaware (UofD campus) I believe.

609714[/snapback]

I always wonder about that stuff. If someone was in the Philly airport for more then 5 minutes or if they drive down I-95 through the city, Philly tries to attach that person to the city.

Training in Delaware. That is how they are making the connection. Delaware is close to Philly. Thanks.

Such Blasphemy.

The future is ahead for these young ladies though all three. Hard to imagine how young ladies at sixteen years old would feel in such a situation, both Kimmie and Emily will be better for it next time around.

Not on this board. :devil:  :lol:

Woo. Emily Hughes is on now! A girl who doesn't look like Sasha. Thank god.

610119[/snapback]

Poor Sasha....falling on that cute little ass during her routine.  Maybe next time.

610169[/snapback]

Did you know she leg presses 400 lbs? :lol:

Too bad, she skates a clean program and she crushes that lifeless Asian chick. :devil: Even though she didn't blame her leg injury, I think it was clearly that when she came off the ice and said she couldn't jump high enough.

OK, so let me make sure I read this article correctly.

This girl was competing in Olympic figure skating and during her routine she fell down. Twice. And then they gave her a silver medal for falling down twice?

Questions:

Did the gold medal winner only fall once and then everybody else in the entire competition fell down 3 or more times?

Was I unaware of the fact that I was actually reading about the Special Olympics?

How in hte hell can you fall on your ass twice at the world's most presitigous figure skating competition and be considered to have had the second best performance?

Why does the way figure skating is run always remind me of the way college football is run?

OK, so let me make sure I read this article correctly.

This girl was competing in Olympic figure skating and during her routine she fell down. Twice. And then they gave her a silver medal for falling down twice?

Questions:

Did the gold medal winner only fall once and then everybody else in the entire competition fell down 3 or more times?

Was I unaware of the fact that I was actually reading about the Special Olympics?

How in hte hell can you fall on your ass twice at the world's most presitigous figure skating competition and be considered to have had the second best performance?

Why does the way figure skating is run always remind me of the way college football is run?

610298[/snapback]

seems like a lot of them fell. you try skating on "italian ice!"

Maybe I should. If I could just stand up for two minutes I'd be an Olympic champion.

610312[/snapback]

I'm no skating expert, but basically what happened is that she won the short program with a flawless performance. In the long program, Sasha's performance (minus the two falls) is light year's better than the rest (except for the Bronze medalist). Her flexibility is sooooo great that whatever she does just looks so much better than the rest.