Teague & Reed allowed to leave via FA

Thailog80

Bills | Ken Palmer of NY Post

Sun, 19 Feb 2006 06:26:24 -0800

Ken Palmer, of the New York Post, likely does not have good connections with officials of the Buffalo Bills and is only guessing at personnel moves the team might make. By prefacing scenarios with the term "likely" he can't be considered wrong if it doesn't happen.

606689[/snapback]

As always, the voice of reason.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a young player like Josh Reed you always have this sicking feeling that he will go to another team and become the player that we all thought he could be. Maybe he needs a different system or team or coaching. But Teague has done his best and we all know what that best is.

It might have been better for him to have never moved to center. He should have stayed at LT or RT. I think it would have been better for him. He just never had the true bulk or quickness for the center position. IMO

I just hope Reed signs with someone in the NFC. I don't want him to come back and haunt us. It would suck if he all of a sudden discovered what it takes to be an NFL player and we had to go against him two times a year.

Ditto.  I think Josh is going to shine with some team, but i don't think it will be with us.

I'd wish him well...unless he ends up in the division.

606729[/snapback]

I strongly disagree. Reed showed promise in his rookie season. After that, he flat out sucked until 05, which happened to be his contract year.

Say what you will about Bledsoe, but some of the best passes that he ever threw were dropped by Josh Reed. His hands are shaky, and he lacks real speed.

A year or so ago, a poster from WNY (I don't remember who) said that he saw Reed in clubs all over WNY and Toronto and that he was usually smashed. Generally speaking, I am the last to believe claims such as this, but not in this case. Instead of developing, Reed took steps back.

I will happy to see this under talented, seemingly non-motivated player purged from the Bills roster.

Btw, Teague is no great loss either.

I strongly disagree. Reed showed promise in his rookie season. After that, he flat out sucked until 05, which happened to be his contract year.

Say what you will about Bledsoe, but some of the best passes that he ever threw were dropped by Josh Reed. His hands are shaky, and he lacks real speed.

A year or so ago, a poster from WNY (I don't remember who) said that he saw Reed in clubs all over WNY and Toronto and that he was usually smashed. Generally speaking, I am the last to believe claims such as this, but not in this case. Instead of developing, Reed took steps back.

I will happy to see this under talented, seemingly non-motivated player purged from the Bills roster.

Btw, Teague is no great loss either.

606841[/snapback]

i agree with most about what you say about Reed except for the part about his hands. Josh can catch an impossible pass while being blasted by a DB. His HANDS aren't the issue, IMO. the issue is his head. He tens to drop easy catches while stepping up and making a very tough catch. If you saw him play enough in college, you'd understand he has GREAT hands.

Concentration and nerves are JR's biggest issue. Work ethic may also be a problem, I dunno.

i agree with most about what you say about Reed except for the part about his hands.  Josh can catch an impossible pass while being blasted by a DB.  His HANDS aren't the issue, IMO.  the issue is his head.  He tens to drop easy catches while stepping up and making a very tough catch.  If you saw him play enough in college, you'd understand he has GREAT hands.

Concentration and nerves are JR's biggest issue.  Work ethic may also be a problem, I dunno.

606846[/snapback]

That makes sense. Strange how that works. Don Beebe made miraculous catches, but imo he dropped far to many easy ones. As a matter of fact, imo this is what held him back from being a tremendous wr.

The thing is, Beebe had great speed and was giving his all on every down.

In summary, Josh Reed is Don Beebe without the speed nor effort.

Bye-bye Josh.

Bills news

Teague yeah but I thought Reed played decent enough to try and retain....maybe we did and he balked but oh well.

606682[/snapback]

Letting these two walk is correct. They need fresh starts somewhere else, especially Josh Reed. Trey Teague will find a job with just about anyone, but probably as a backup. These two were TD's picks, and Marv has his own plan.

New York Post reports: The Post has learned that the Bills are definitely going to place the franchise tag on cornerback Nate Clements. The Bills' stellar CB finished last year with more than 100 tackles and a pair of interceptions, and Buffalo has no plans to let Clements test the open market. Elsewhere in Bills land, the club is likely to let receiver Josh Reed and center Trey Teague walk.

I'm ok with this. Now all we have to worry about is how to keep Moulds in Buffalo too. :devil:

As previously discussed...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=41920

...this is speculation from a sportswriter in NYC. Nothing more.

Assuming they do slap the franchise tag on NC (as is likely), the Bills are certainly better off with him than without him. King and Greer have both shown potential, but I'd just as soon not see either of them starting at CB just yet.

That makes sense. Strange how that works. Don Beebe made miraculous catches, but imo he dropped far to many easy ones. As a matter of fact, imo this is what held him back from being a tremendous wr.

Bye-bye Josh.

606850[/snapback]

Bye-bye Josh.

606850[/snapback]

oops we'll try this again...

Ultimately the best book on Josh. Right here.

Can't help but think that Reed will discover his hands on another team. He's been one of those "potential" guys for 3 or 4 years now. Just when you think he might be turning the corner and becoming a reliable target, he slips back again. He finished somewhat strong in the 2nd hald of the '05 season. Kind of hate to just see him walk away, but he's never really lived up to his billing. Just concenred he'll catch on fire with some other team.

Can't help but think that Reed will discover his hands on another team.  He's been one of those "potential" guys for 3 or 4 years now.  Just when you think he might be turning the corner and becoming a reliable target, he slips back again.  He finished somewhat strong in the 2nd hald of the '05 season.  Kind of hate to just see him walk away, but he's never really lived up to his billing.  Just concenred he'll catch on fire with some other team.

607095[/snapback]

It seems to me that we have had those high potential guys for the last 5 years and are constantly giving them chances every year. I look at most of d?onahow's drafts, and there may have been 2 or 3 good players, but the majority are of the type to NEVER "play to their potential".

mike williams, josh reed, denney, coy wire, ron edwards, sobieski (hasn't seen a regular season game). There are a lot of these type players from the previous regime, LOTS.

I get the feeling that Marv needs to follow the d?onahow regiment of rebuilding; no players from the previous regime within two years.