Lindsey Jacobellis tricked herself into silver!

i couldn't believe that - i've never seen anything like it in my life. On NBC they compared it to Don Beebe / Leon Lett, but then said "at least leon lett won by 35 points"....

part of me feels bad for her cause she'll never live it down, the other part of me feels she's a complete dumbass....

One of the dumbest things ever. She should be ashamed.

606216[/snapback]

Almost as dumb as this....

Go Eli. Prove why you're better than the OVERHYPED machine that is Big Ben!

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Obviously very dumb and I immediately thought what an idiot, but i have a lot of respect for her after she had that interview with Bob Costas. She knew she !@#$ed up, she faced the press, she answered his questions, she admitted, yeah, maybe I lost my concentration a little and showboated but I am proud of what I have done. And i can't live my life fretting over this. It showed a lot of class for someone who just threw away something she worked her life for. There is no denying she blew it, and that is probably the takeaway, but 9 out of 10 would not have faced the facts like she did. I liked it. Showing grace and class in failure almost overcomes the unnecessary gesture that lost it.

Plus, I think there is a difference in other things she was compared to. Like Leon Lett. He just gave up. And she didnt taunt another opponent. She just did a significant element of the sport. I am surely not excusing it and it was monumentally dumb and unnecessary. But she showed me a lot when all respect could have been lost for good.

Oh, and she's really hot. :P

My first thought was about how the "winner" of that race can never really believe she is the best in the world. She won gold simply because the American showboated... not because she was better.

Oh, and this sport is why I can't stand the winter olympics anymore. What the hell is this, the X-Games?

Oh, and this sport is why I can't stand the winter olympics anymore. What the hell is this, the X-Games?

606313[/snapback]

I watch the speed-skating. And I think that's only b/c I'm half Dutch, so I'm hard-wired to watch ice skating. Ireen Wust was just awesome in the 3,000. And she's not bad looking.

Bi-athalon is on now (that's cross-country skiing mixed with rifle shooting) and it is something to watch. As it is, riflery is difficult, and then there's an added challenge of having to slow your heartrate and breathing in such a short time to be able to shoot accurately. That is true fitness and having ultimate control over your body. Also, there's something to it that it was in this same geographic area that the 10th Mountain Division opened up Italy/S. Europe from Hitler, doing pretty much this same exercise.