Drew Brees

Takeo_14

What does Levy and the Buffalo Bills organization do if Drew Brees is avaliable on the open market? We have JP and Holcomb. I know our problem is the offensive line. We have not had a decent o line in years. Face it! I believe whether it be JP or Kelly, give them some protection and they will do just fine. But... If you give those Kelly time you know what he can do.. JP you do not.... Drew Brees you do as well. Do you take a run at him and know that you have just improved something that many know your 2006 season just like 2005 season hinged on one main..the #1 important position to any football team..QB???

What does Levy and the Buffalo Bills organization do if Drew Brees is avaliable on the open market? We have JP and Holcomb. I know our problem is the offensive line. We have not had a decent o line in years. Face it! I believe whether it be JP or Kelly, give them some protection and they will do just fine. But... If you give those Kelly time you know what he can do.. JP you do not.... Drew Brees you do as well. Do you take a run at him and know that you have just improved something that many know your 2006 season just like 2005 season hinged on one main..the #1 important position to any football team..QB???

604303[/snapback]

He has a bum shoulder.

I'm a little gun-shy when it comes to QBs named Drew these days.

Seriously, though, Mick Jaurlevy has already indicated that he'll build this team the right way -- from the inside out. Bringing in a high-priced Brees is not the answer when you have to address the line problems.

He has a bum shoulder.

For what its worth, my labrum is torn at both junctures. From what my doctor tells me the labral tear (what Drew Brees has) is pretty bad, especially in the front (its torn 50-75%). Anyway, I'm in absolutely no pain and the surgery to fix both tears is going to be done arthoscopically. The recovery doesn't sound too bad or too lengthy. In all honesty I wouldn't be that worried about his shoulder, I think he'll be fine. I actually hurt my shoulder in June but refused to believe I was really that hurt. Hell, I was even lifting weights on it until January when I went skiing and fell and tore it some more. Then I finally got it looked at and found out that it actually is screwed up. The reason surgery is always required on Labral tears is that the Labrum is cartilage and really has no way of healing itself.

It looks like there is a real good chance that Brees will be available, I'm just not sure we have the money to afford him and still fix both lines.

He has a bum shoulder.
It looks like there is a real good chance that Brees will be available, I'm just not sure we have the money to afford him and still fix both lines.

606434[/snapback]

That is why I hope the Bills have the lines as their main priority as they have said.

Put the horse back in front of the cart.

604303[/snapback]

I say GET DREW BREESSS!

then we will know for sure that is OL that is the problem and we will rest comfortable in that knowledge. As for what happens then, oh, I don't know.

Its funny...but driving to work this morning I now finally heard about this Brees story and what is my first thought...when I get to work, I bet there is a thread already started with multiple replys about "Why not bring Brees to Buffalo?"...and poof, here it is!! :lol:

My opinion:

NO!

FIX THE OFFENSIVE LINE FIRST!!!!!!!!

604303[/snapback]

Devoting even larger amounts of our cap budget to the QB position by making the commitment of $ it would take to get Brees (and even the lesser but still substantial amounts it would take to get any other quality QB) would make the overcommitment of resources to RJ and DF which the Bills made look paltry in comparison.

Maybe (and just maybe) if the Bills did not have more immediate needs to produce a winning team like (1. Resource commitment to bolster the DL to stop the run and get consistent pass pressure to make the Cover 2 D work well, 2. Resource commitment to simply make the OL adequate, 3. Replacement of the likely FA cap casualty losses like Moulds, 4. getting a solid back-up for WM, 5. getting adequate TE play then if all these things were not higher priorities than spending on a QB the getimg Bress would merely be a stupid risk.

In light of our other real needs, doing what it would take financially to get Brees would simply be insane.

Its funny...but driving to work this morning I now finally heard about this Brees story and what is my first thought...when I get to work, I bet there is a thread already started with multiple replys about "Why not bring Brees to Buffalo?"...and poof, here it is!!  :doh:

My opinion:

NO!

FIX THE OFFENSIVE LINE FIRST!!!!!!!!

607656[/snapback]

That's right. Have to start at the OL which needs improvement. If Ferguson is there at #8, and Nick Mangold is there in the second round, I think these two would be good picks for the Bills. A DT pick up in free agency might be a good idea. Ryan Pickett and hopefully Ted Washington would be good options.