Nor'easter

Like A Mofo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28" in Central Park -- I was a block from Columbus Circle all weekend. What a great storm....spent about 2 hours walking through the park yesterday during the early afternoon while it was still coming down.....made our way to the Boathouse and found a couple of seats at the bar for a few hot rum ciders.....then back through the park and home to warm up! :D

it is coming down good now in WNY

602100[/snapback]

Are the weatherfolks going nuts?

Here in Cincy, we have had officially, 5 or so inches so far. The tv folks are distressed...a local weatherbunny claimed that the flurries this weekend were "lake effect", and a "meterologist" yesterday said that certain areas were getting snow "at a rate of 1 inch an hour, but the good news - it only happened for 10 minutes".... :wacko:

28" in Central Park -- I was a block from Columbus Circle all weekend.  What a great storm....spent about 2 hours walking through the park yesterday during the early afternoon while it was still coming down.....made our way to the Boathouse and found a couple of seats at the bar for a few hot rum ciders.....then back through the park and home to warm up!    :wacko:

601809[/snapback]

That must be awesome, i envy you. I have never been in the city during a snowstorm, but I would love it i think

It's snowing lightly again here, right now.

I'd say up here in the far NE corner of CT, we got 14-16 inches, it's harder to tell b/c gusts blew it around. Plowed and shoveled out this morning and like Pete said, it's really light stuff.

Looking out my window again and it's now stopped.

I'll take an occasional blizzard as long as I can live in the county that was rated as the Most Protected From Natural Disaster in the US, in a fairly exhaustive study. Nice not to have to deal with hurricanes very often (and by the time they get up here in the hills, they've usually petered out), earthquakes, droughts, floods, you name it. And four distinct seasons to boot. Gas prices are another story, but I recently found a town nearby in MA that has $2.12/gal when everyone else around here is in the $2.35 range.

23" in Brooklyn. I live right next to a park, Owl's Head Park for those who know the area.

So I go to get my Jeep out of the parking space after the plows go past all nite. Nice waist-high snow pack next to my sturdy Jeep. Do I shovel...no. Get in the Jeep, start her up, engage 4wd, 1st gear and she sliced through the bank like a hot knife through butter.

So now being that I live next to a park that has some great hills for sledding, I decide lets have some fun. Late last nite, park is lit up by the lights, only a few folks around....yep, drove my Jeep thru the park. The wrangler was rockin through the snow, eating it alive. Up one hill, down another, snow flying in every direction...man that was a lot of fun!!

I had just pulled out of the park, onto my street, parking my Jeep, when NYPD drives by. They see my Jeep, the tire tracks behind me in the park, I smiled and shrugged...the cops just keep on driving.

Fun storm.

23" in Brooklyn.  I live right next to a park, Owl's Head Park for those who know the area. 

So I go to get my Jeep out of the parking space after the plows go past all nite.  Nice waist-high snow pack next to my sturdy Jeep.  Do I shovel...no.  Get in the Jeep, start her up, engage 4wd, 1st gear and she sliced through the bank like a hot knife through butter.

So now being that I live next to a park that has some great hills for sledding, I decide lets have some fun.  Late last nite, park is lit up by the lights, only a few folks around....yep, drove my Jeep thru the park.  The wrangler was rockin through the snow, eating it alive.  Up one hill, down another, snow flying in every direction...man that was a lot of fun!!

I had just pulled out of the park, onto my street, parking my Jeep, when NYPD drives by.  They see my Jeep, the tire tracks behind me in the park, I smiled and shrugged...the cops just keep on driving. 

Fun storm.

602219[/snapback]

I've got a Jeep too. '93, so I'm even less worried than most about getting crap all over it. <low whistle> :wacko:

Are they not the perfect vehicle?

I've got a Jeep too. '93, so I'm even less worried than most about getting crap all over it. <low whistle> 

Are they not the perfect vehicle?

No question, the perfect vehicle. Great in the snow, convertible in the summer, goes anywhere.

That must be awesome, i envy you. I have never been in the city during a snowstorm, but I would love it i think

602165[/snapback]

It's amazing to see NYC during a snow storm....it becomes a completely different city. Central Park is beautiful anyway, but even moreso during a storm like this one. I can't think of anywhere I'd rather have been.

We had the typical "calling for 6-12 inches" overnite to wake up to the 1 and half inch in Richmond. Although up the road 90 miles, DC got i think a foot.

601654[/snapback]

I am about midway between dc and richmond. We had about 9" by the time it was all done. Of course with the 45 degree weather Sunday and 40 today, there is about 3 inches left now.