LOST 2.13 Discussion Thread

UConn James

I got the impression that the time comment was nothing more than a sort of chaff decoy; a bit of subterfuge to distract the viewer from the really important thing in that scene.

The manuscript that Hurley found.

Cya

599901[/snapback]

There were alot of literary references in this ep. The manuscript was by Mark Twain, and "read like a mystery". The Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge involved a concept of time: one man's thoughts just before he dies (hanged), which may be related to Hurley's comments about "time". Obvioulsy time plays a big part in the storyline.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally random comment and concept here...

What if all of this is Walts dream?

I mean it was Walt who saw the Polar Bear in the comic, and then the Polar Bear appeared on the island. There are other examples too.

Walt sees things and then they happen.

Just my thought.......

Totally random comment and concept here...

What if all of this is Walts dream?

I mean it was Walt who saw the Polar Bear in the comic, and then the Polar Bear appeared on the island.  There are other examples too. 

Walt sees things and then they happen.

Just my thought.......

600013[/snapback]

Very original thought it is, too. :angry:

Very original thought it is, too. :pirate:

600025[/snapback]

I take it someone has already said this?

Oh well, lately I have been really thinking this might be true.

Although all the Walt / Michael back story seems a little to intense for a dream. Maybe Walt is just insane, and this is what is happening in his head?

I take it someone has already said this?

Oh well, lately I have been really thinking this might be true.

Although all the Walt / Michael back story seems a little to intense for a dream.  Maybe Walt is just insane, and this is what is happening in his head?

600197[/snapback]

Not to sound like an ass, but this idea has been beaten to death. Maybe not as bad as the bledsoe horse, but we've kicked around this idea for a long time.

As for your second thought, i could see maybe michael has gone a bit loopy and was imagining he was talkign to walk on the computer when he really wasnt.

"Dharma" means "protection". By practising Buddha's teachings we protect ourself from suffering and problems. All the problems we experience during daily life originate in ignorance, and the method for eliminating ignorance is to practise Dharma.

Practising Dharma is the supreme method for improving the quality of our human life. The quality of life depends not upon external development or material progress, but upon the inner development of peace and happiness. For example, in the past many Buddhists lived in poor and underdeveloped countries, but they were able to find pure, lasting happiness by practising what Buddha had taught.

If we integrate Buddha's teachings into our daily life, we will be able to solve all our inner problems and attain a truly peaceful mind. Without inner peace, outer peace is impossible. If we first establish peace within our minds by training in spiritual paths, outer peace will come naturally; but if we do not, world peace will never be achieved, no matter how many people campaign for it.

Not to sound like an ass, but this idea has been beaten to death. Maybe not as bad as the bledsoe horse, but we've kicked around this idea for a long time.

As for your second thought, i could see maybe michael has gone a bit loopy and was imagining he was talkign to walk on the computer when he really wasnt.

600200[/snapback]

1)I didn't mean to come across as an ass, either. It's just that that whole "Walt Controls the Universe" theory was brought up in like the 4th ep of S1, and then every other week after that. It's been established, and there's nothing really new to report on it.

2) I think that's entirely probable. Michael wasn't "well" at that point. Combined with there being a lot of text on the screen one moment, then Jack walks in and then there's nothing, and from when Locke entered the wrong number once and had to delete, the dinosaur sh--box computer wasn't backspacing very fast. You do the math there.

Was thinking this when hurley and saddam, were messing with the radio. Do any of you remember them discussing finding the radio tower where the "french chick" changed the distress call. Wouldnt you think that would be a primary mission to change the message again, with their own distress call?

Was thinking this when hurley and saddam, were messing with the radio. Do any of you remember them discussing finding the radio tower where the "french chick" changed the distress call. Wouldnt you think that would be a primary mission to change the message again, with their own distress call?

600797[/snapback]

I get it. You called him Saddam because he plays a character from Iraq. Hahahahahahahahaahaha... :doh:

Do any of you remember them discussing finding the radio tower where the "french chick" changed the distress call. Wouldnt you think that would be a primary mission to change the message again, with their own distress call?

600797[/snapback]

Why? Didn't work for her for like 16 years. Why bother?

James / Sawyer seems to have the upper hand right now but in the past he has been no match for Sayid, Ana Lucia and the Others. Sawyer has a scary snarl but beyond that he has limited smarts. Sawyer will use Charlie for as much as he can as Charlie is dummer than Sawyer. Sawyer will sell Charlie out or Sun will remember something that implicates Charlie. I saw Charlie is the one who attacked Sun once Sawyer found the clothing (hood?) in the jungle.The survivors seem to have grudges but for the most part they forget grievances fairly quickly. They heal fast also. Kate is also a con who got some of her own. Kate keeps getting in the way (the Others). The survivors may break apart as some of them are unstable and liabilities to the greater group (Charlie, Kate, Claire). A Sayid and Locke pairing would be interesting as they are both very smart. The Doc keeps reacting emotionally which impairs his judgement. Ana Lucia doesn't help the Doc's reasoning. The idea of an army is a joke. They need to break up into groups of two and pick off the Others.

I wonder about Michael as he seemed to be getting somewhere with Walt via the computer. Maybe Michael got some information from Walt that has yet to be revealed. I wonder what role Bernard and Rose will play in the future. I also suspect that the Others are lurking for many reasons but primarily to get more / all of the remaining arsenal. Why anyone would venture into the jungle is beyond me especially after knowing what Ana Lucia described about the disappearance of members of her group. I would expect people to be perpetually paranoid. I wonder how long until the writer's clue us in to the Others and how they got to the island and why they think it is their island.

I wonder how long until the writer's clue us in to the Others and how they got to the island and why they think it is their island.

602817[/snapback]

I'd say it starts next week.

My guess: every time the clock runs down, the island loses power (which runs the computer, bunkers, radio signal, black smoke?, whatever helpshide the Others) and a huge magnetic burst is released, pulling another craft to the Island. I think the Others (Zeke etc.) are mainly people from the black rock pirate / slave ship.