What's w/the yapping about officiating..?

Boatdrinks

There WAS indisuptable photographic evidence of the forward lateral, whether you want to admit it or not.

What, is your father an NFL official or something? These guys STINK ON ICE.

598142[/snapback]

Dude, chill out- cant you deal with somebody having a different opinion?

Was this picture shot right down the yard line where the ball was thrown? Anyways, the pictures are not used in games for replay purposes.

Officials make mistakes, there are just too many plays in a game not to have some calls be wrong, but I am satisfied with the job they do.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this picture shot right down the yard line where the ball was thrown? Anyways, the pictures are not used in games for replay purposes.

Officials make mistakes, there are just too many plays in a game not to have some calls be wrong, but I am satisfied with the job they do.

598298[/snapback]

Not when their opinion is wrong.

Sure looked it to me. I'm searching for the photo, when I find it, I'll post a link.

Yeah, that's fine and dandy...if it doesn't cost a team a game.

598298[/snapback]

Of course it was a legal lateral. Because wycheck standing on the 24 throwing it and dyson catching it on the 26 makes it a lateral and not a forward pass. :(

Of course it was a legal lateral. Because wycheck standing on the 24 throwing it and dyson catching it on the 26 makes it a lateral and not a forward pass.  :(

598351[/snapback]

Well, if Buffalo hadn't made so many mistakes, that call wouldn't have mattered, so it's not the refs fault Buffalo lost, it's all Buffalo's fault. 100%. Tennessee played a good game, Buffalo didn't.

</sarcasm>

Well, if Buffalo hadn't made so many mistakes, that call wouldn't have mattered, so it's not the refs fault Buffalo lost, it's all Buffalo's fault.  100%.  Tennessee played a good game, Buffalo didn't.

</sarcasm>

598356[/snapback]

And Luckett didn't screw the goat TWICE in that game, either.

Think Peerless' catch/no catch bobble thingy.

Well, if Buffalo hadn't made so many mistakes, that call wouldn't have mattered, so it's not the refs fault Buffalo lost, it's all Buffalo's fault.  100%.  Tennessee played a good game, Buffalo didn't.

</sarcasm>

598356[/snapback]

Ahhh, i see it now. So it isnt the refs fault for not calling brett hull in the crease and waiving off the goal, its the sabres fault for not scoring earlier in OT.

Ahhh, i see it now. So it isnt the refs fault for not calling brett hull in the crease and waiving off the goal, its the sabres fault for not scoring earlier in OT.

598404[/snapback]

That seems to be the attitude of some people around here, anyway. :(

598404[/snapback]

You got it. It's all James Patrick's fault! If he hadn't clanged the crossbar thirty seconds into that 3rd OT the game would have been over right there.

[/sarcasm]

So basically, whatever happens to you, you deserved to have it happen, because you didn't prevent it or overcome it. Is THAT the thinking? So all those African Americans who demanded equality during the civil rights movement were "whiners?" Or was that somehow different? At least I know what I saw ON TAPE during that game.

And Luckett didn't screw the goat TWICE in that game, either.

Think Peerless' catch/no catch bobble thingy.

598362[/snapback]

thats ball. The players aren't perfect, neither are the refs, neither are we.

I just like to watch the game to enjoy it, I'll stop watching when it becomes my life, and leaves me miserable

thats ball. The players aren't perfect, neither are the refs, neither are we.

I just like to watch the game to enjoy it, I'll stop watching when it becomes my life, and leaves me miserable

598640[/snapback]

Good for you. It appears you've attained enlightenment!

So basically, whatever happens to you, you deserved to have it happen, because you didn't prevent it or overcome it.  Is THAT the thinking?  So all those African Americans who demanded equality during the civil rights movement were "whiners?"  Or was that somehow different?  At least I know what I saw ON TAPE during that game.

598526[/snapback]

Dude, you're going WAY over the top with this.

Basically, to sumarize the Super Bowl, the better team played sh*tty, but they won because they benefited from the referees, and the incredibly sh*tty play and poor decision making of their opponent.

As we know, the Seahawks are not the first team to get screwed, and they won't be the last. I can't believe the b.s. that is still floating around from this game. Damn, let it go. Except for Hasselbeck's tackle, you could make a case that all of those calls were correct, and you could make the case that they were incorrect. There was a lot of gray area. Just except that and get over it.

How does comparing the calls in the SB in Detroit anywhere close to the "The Lateral" and "The Goal"? Those were game ending plays that decided a close game. Not holding calls or pass interference that are disputable. You guys sound like the sports writers on ESPN fishing for some story....

By the way, with all your whining how about the jeremy stevens "fumble" non call?? Could have changed the game....HA!!

How does comparing the calls in the SB in Detroit anywhere close to the "The Lateral" and "The Goal"? Those were game ending plays that decided a close game. Not holding calls or pass interference that are disputable. You guys sound like the sports writers on ESPN fishing for some story....

By the way, with all your whining  how about the jeremy stevens "fumble" non call??  Could have changed the game....HA!!

598709[/snapback]

As I've been saying, the WORST calls of the game went againt Pittsburgh. They just didn't have the impact of the calls that hurt the Seahawks. This was partly due to circumstances of the game and partly due to the Steelers overcoming those bad calls.

This whining isn't even funny anymore...it's just plain pathetic.

You can be positive to critize the bad calls and hope NFL will do something.

Or

You can be negative to accept that bad calls are just part of the game.

whining?? No, these are just fans who want to have better officiating in their beloved games. Besides, why whining when most of the people on this board are not even 'hawks fans?

People will continue to watch NFL even there're bad calls, but no doubt that the officiating can be improved and the game can be better

I just like to watch the game to enjoy it

598640[/snapback]

Same here.

But I don't enjoy egregiously horrible officiating. It's not even a Pittsburgh/Seattle thing...it's the officials seemingly playing favorites with one team over another with obviously horrible calls. You put 30 of the other 31 teams in the position Seattle was in, getting jobbed drive after drive by BS calls, and I'll complain.

You put Miami in that position, though, and I'll cheer. :lol:

You can be positive to critize the bad calls and hope NFL will do something.

598877[/snapback]

First, it isn't that bad, second they NFL doesnt care what we think, they care about our $$$, and people will keep going to games irregardlessly

Not when their opinion is wrong.

Sure looked it to me. I'm searching for the photo, when I find it, I'll post a link.

Yeah, that's fine and dandy...if it doesn't cost a team a game.

598335[/snapback]

I doubt any official would agree with that- they WANT to do a perfect job, just like we do in our line of work. They dont consider it ok when it does not impact the outcome.

Wrong calls will be made, its the nature of the beast. It happens at all levels of sport, and never will change. I do agree with Mel Kiper's comments that officiating actually has become worse since instant replay.....I wouldnt like everything I do to be that scrutinized either.