Was Holmgrens absence from the post game

The Poojer

anyone know what happened?  Hopefully he was too embarrassed by his teams clock management.

596501[/snapback]

Red herring.

Think a QB rating of 20 beats clock mangement?

I'd take the higher rating anyday... Except in this case.

Seattle made the chances they were given... They just had to do them over... And that is where the wheels fell of.

They showed him trying to seek out Cowher, and also Cowher trying to seek Kolmgren out. I think that they just didn't make their way to each other--the field was pretty confused.

596528[/snapback]

Did anybody see that Sports Illustrated issue a few months ago, where they featured the work of one of their photojournalists who passed away?

He had a great shot of the coin flip at Super Bowl I, and there were two Chiefs, two Packers, and the referee standing there.

Then right next to that pic, they put a photo this guy took of the coin flip at last year's Super Bowl. There were six Patriots, six Eagles, all of the refs, honorary guests, the ceremonial coin flipper, NFL reps, TV execs, and a throng of about 150 reporters and camera men. The contrast was striking.

I'm sure Holmgren and Cowher caught up at some point after the game.

They showed him trying to seek out Cowher, and also Cowher trying to seek Kolmgren out. I think that they just didn't make their way to each other--the field was pretty confused.

596528[/snapback]

They said on espn radio this morning that Holmgren went to the steelers locker room and congratulated Cowher..

They said on espn radio this morning that Holmgren went to the steelers locker room and congratulated Cowher..

596545[/snapback]

That's good. Neither of them are the type to be bad sports. They showed several shots of Holmgren on the field after the game, looking around. He probably couldn't see Cowher through all the people that surrounded him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Holmgren at least considers retirement. I seem to recall after that last Super Bowl with the Packers (the one they lost to Denver) that he reportedly went into some real state of depression, where his daughter actually tried to get him some counseling. He strongy considering retiring back then -- and supposedly Favre talked himout of it. A year later he moved onto Seattle.