I'm sold on Hutch.

He had a FANTASTIC game last night and would instantly make the Bills a much better team. Add in Bentley and we could be on our way.

596120[/snapback]

um, you didn't know that before last night? hutch has been dominant for years........

we would be lucky to land one of the two........getting both is a pipedream......

um, you didn't know that before last night? hutch has been dominant for years........

we would be lucky to land one of the two........getting both is a pipedream......

596122[/snapback]

I know, I know. But we can at least DREAM about competent management at OBD, can't we?

EDIT:

Of course we can't. :(

With Marv here, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we could land Hutch and Bentley. The era o' Donahoe is over. This is Marv's time, and we will get O-lineman up in this mix.

596366[/snapback]

Yeah, because God knows no other teams in the NFL (with much better records, better coaching staffs and more cap space) will be going after both of them. They're all ours baby!

There are a lot of good O-Lineman in free agency aside from Bentley and Hutchinson. I fear this is going to be the Mike Sherman situation all over again...fans have their hearts unrealistically set on Bentley and when he doesnt sign with Buffalo, the board will get pissy.

With Marv here, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we could land Hutch and Bentley. The era o' Donahoe is over. This is Marv's time, and we will get O-lineman up in this mix.

596366[/snapback]

I love the "Marv is our Savior" spin.....Yet let it not be forgotten that it was under Marv when our dominating O-line of 1990 ended up with the like of Jerry Crafts, Jerry Ostroski, Corbin Lacina, etc.

Yeah....Marv will right the ship, not because that's what he always did, but ONLY if he's learned from his own past mistakes. Marv was very much responsible for the beating Kelly took the last 3-4 years of his career.

There are a lot of good O-Lineman in free agency aside from Bentley and Hutchinson.  I fear this is going to be the Mike Sherman situation all over again...fans have their hearts unrealistically set on Bentley and when he doesnt sign with Buffalo, the board will get pissy.

596398[/snapback]

name a few.

I don't think it's wrong for Bills fans to demand the best free agents get a massive offer from the team.

596122[/snapback]

With OL, its hard to believe it when others say he is good. You jsut have to watch and analyze the guy for yourself. Many, many people said Mike Williams was dominant.... :(

He had a FANTASTIC game last night and would instantly make the Bills a much better team. Add in Bentley and we could be on our way.

596120[/snapback]

Agreed 100%. He's a great player and thats the end of it. I doubt the Seahawks won't resign this guy. This guy is simply an outstanding guard. I think I would rather have Hutch then Bentley to tell you truth. One or the other would be an upgrade and a huge boost.

596120[/snapback]

One of the TV talking heads said yesterday - can't recall which among the myriad of SB hyperbole - that the Seattle organization is saying internally that keeping Hutchinson and their O-line intact is a higher priority than resigning Alexander. What a novel idea, huh? If true, this doesn't bode well for Hutch landing in Buffalo or anywhere else, for that matter.

name a few.

I don't think it's wrong for Bills fans to demand the best free agents get a massive offer from the team.

596426[/snapback]

Jeff Backus

Kevin Shaffer

Tom Ashworth

Jon Runyan

LJ Shelton

Tutan Reyes

Stephen Neal

Kyle Kosier

Kevin Shaffer is, in my opinion, one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He would be a huge signing for us and would soldify the LT spot. I'm not saying those guys are better than Hutch or Bentley (with the exception of Shaffer being at their level...and only 26 I might add), all I'm saying is there are a lot more options out there. If we cant land Hutch or Bentley, we can easily go out and sign some of the quality, yet less-famous players in the NFL. Worked for the Patriots.

...all I'm saying is there are a lot more options out there.  If we cant land Hutch or Bentley, we can easily go out and sign some of the quality, yet less-famous players in the NFL.  Worked for the Patriots.

596475[/snapback]

Yep.

BTW, I like your two GB choices in 2003's mock draft.

Jeff Backus

Kevin Shaffer

Tom Ashworth

Jon Runyan

LJ Shelton

Tutan Reyes

Stephen Neal

Kyle Kosier

Kevin Shaffer is, in my opinion, one of the most underrated players in the NFL.  He would be a huge signing for us and would soldify the LT spot.  I'm not saying those guys are better than Hutch or Bentley (with the exception of Shaffer being at their level...and only 26 I might add), all I'm saying is there are a lot more options out there.  If we cant land Hutch or Bentley, we can easily go out and sign some of the quality, yet less-famous players in the NFL.  Worked for the Patriots.

596475[/snapback]

NOT Runyan. Too old. And Shelton? Wasn't he universally derided around these parts last offseason?

I'll have to look up this Shaffer.

596366[/snapback]

And whats in Marv experience as a G.M. that makes you feel that way :doh: ? Seriously. We don't have a clue what he is capable of Marv era will not last as long.

Yep.

BTW,  I like your two GB choices in 2003's mock draft.

596483[/snapback]

Thanks...luckily for me, picking "need" players for Green Bay is like shooting fish in a barrel. If Max Jean-Giles is there in the 2nd round, those Cheeseheads are going to cream themselves with joy.

And whats in Marv experience as a G.M. that makes you feel that way  :doh:  ? Seriously. We don't have a clue what he is capable of Marv era will not last as long.

596805[/snapback]

If we don't have a clue what he is capable of, How come your sure the Marv era won't last long?

As for Hutch, many here will probably blame Juron or Levy, or Wilson if he resigns tomorrow with Seatle and say Buffalo did nothing to get him and we will not win a game this year and that they are realists for thinking that

I really can't see them not bringing him back if he is as good as everyone is saying and they are not going to be running into cap problems next year. Same with Bentley, except being in N.O. he may not wanna resign with them and look for a new deal somewhere more stable.

It would be great to get both but I don't see it happening.