Seattle will win Super Bowl XL!

Like A Mofo

Now I know so many Bills fans here SO love the Steelers and Steelers fans can really care less about the Bills....but Ill just put this out there...Seattle will win Super Bowl 40!!

Seattle will control the ball

Seattle defense will be motivated due to the lack of respect.

Thats all I have :P;):(

Seattle 31, Pittsburgh 23

Your predictions???

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I know so many Bills fans here SO love the Steelers and Steelers fans can really care less about the Bills....but Ill just put this out there...Seattle will win Super Bowl 40!!

Seattle will control the ball

Seattle defense will be motivated due to the lack of respect.

Thats all I have  :P  ;)  :(

Seattle 31, Pittsburgh 23

Your predictions???

593544[/snapback]

Seattle 16 Pittsburgh 10

No prediction...but a serious question.

If the Steelers can shut down the Seattle running game (I think they can...for a while, at least), can Hasselback win the game via the air? I'm not saying that has to be the way it goes. If it's close, the Seahowks would be smart to pound away and reap the rewards late in the game, IMO. But, if the Steelers score a couple, can Seattle do it in the air vs. the Steeler secondary?

To my mind the Steelers are more versitile and i like Ben's game more than Hasselback's. (I know the stats...don't bother unless you put them into context.) With that said, i think Seattle has more explosive ability if they can bust some runs through the Steeler D.

This should be a very interesting game. while a blowout is always possible, i think it's crazy to predict one here.

I think the Steelers are playing in rarified air right now, and more importantly, their QB presents a new wrinkle. Up until their first playoff game, everyone says "Pittsburgh will run, play good defense, give Big Ben easy passes, etc.," but what did they do? Come out passing. Then people say, "Oh, look, a surprise."

There's no surprise. Big Ben has enough experience under his belt to read defenses and make big time throws in big time games.

Remember when Rocky was fighting Clubber Lang in their rematch, and to throw off Clubber, they train Rocky to fight right-handed? Then, just when Clubber is figuring out how to adapt, Mickey tells Rocky to switch back to southpaw, at which point he beats Clubber Lang to a pulp.

This whole Steelers ball management/qb management/don't-make-Ben-win-but-don't-let-him-lose thing is Rocky fighting right handed. Just before the Indy game, Cowher basically said "Okay, let's go back to southpaw," and no one...no one...has been able to stop them. Plus, they're now more aggressive while holding the lead.

It stays close in the first quarter, but Pittsburgh blows it open in the second half.

No idea what the score will be, but Pitt will cover the 4 and a score in the final minutes of the game takes you to the over.

Cut me, Mick.

No prediction...but a serious question.

This should be a very interesting game.  while a blowout is always possible, i think it's crazy to predict one here.

593646[/snapback]

I agree about the blowout. I really think it will be a close game.

In an attempt to answer your question, I do not think Hasselback can bring his team from a few TD's down to win the game, but I think he can have some success throwing the ball and moving the chains. In other words, he can be affective in the overall scheme, but put the game on his shoulders and make him throw more than he should and he will fail. Pitt's LB's and secondary are too good for that. Hopefully they can keep the game close so that they are not forced to abandon the run.

Though put into perspective, I have my doubts of Ben's ability to do the same (despite the ass kissing to the contrary). While he is a very good QB, put the SB on his back torward the end of the game and I don't think the job gets done. Both of these teams need to have success running the ball in order for their pass game to work.

I agree about the blowout.  I really think it will be a close game.

In an attempt to answer your question, I do not think Hasselback can bring his team from a few TD's down to win the game, but I think he can have some success throwing the ball and moving the chains.  In other words, he can be affective in the overall scheme, but put the game on his shoulders and make him throw more than he should and he will fail.  Pitt's LB's and secondary are too good for that.  Hopefully they can keep the game close so that they are not forced to abandon the run.

Though put into perspective, I have my doubts of Ben's ability to do the same (despite the ass kissing to the contrary).  While he is a very good QB, put the SB on his back torward the end of the game and I don't think the job gets done.  Both of these teams need to have success running the ball in order for their pass game to work.

593664[/snapback]

Welcome to The Wall. Good post...freaky avatar. You'll probably fit right in.