Veteran DT

billsfan182

Maybe they were dropped, but did you read the part about him having $3,200 in his wallet?

He actually sounds like more of a dealer than a user, no?

592019[/snapback]

Yeah too bad because if he was a user he'd give new meaning to Levy's "high character guy" model. :D

Keep Sam, get Ngata and work on the offensive line with free agents and cap money. I heard Phil Simms on Imus this morning and he said essentially that Pittsburgh and Seattle had two of the best offensive lines in the NFL and the teams that get to the Superbowl generally have that one fact in common. A very good offensive line. Adams is fine, Ngata fills the gap and let's work on what will get us where we want to go...the offensive line.

Keep Sam, get Ngata and work on the offensive line with free agents and cap money.  I heard Phil Simms on Imus this morning and he said essentially that Pittsburgh and Seattle had two of the best offensive lines in the NFL and the teams that get to the Superbowl generally have that one fact in common.  A very good offensive line.  Adams is fine, Ngata fills the gap and let's work on what will get us where we want to go...the offensive line.

592028[/snapback]

i just don't like this free agent strategy -- why not target both sides of the line in free agency and fill in the gaps during the draft?

if you eliminate one side of the ball you eliminate a lot of options.......let's say the top 5 free agent OL get snatched up in a hurry and your left holding a bag of cash.......what if some DL want to be here more then some OL? what if some DL guys fit in better with our team then some OL guys?.......the draft is deep at OL and DL, so you don't want to paint yourself into a corner there either and eliminate options.........

yes pit and sea have two the best OL's in the league.......but let's not forget -- they are also two of the best in the league at STOPPING the run.......that is equally important.......

Adams with Ted Washington worked well enuf to be #2 in the NFL. I'd say keep Adams around, get Pickett or Washington, then draft Gabe Watson (Michigan) in RD#2. Keep Edwards for pass rush.

Welcome to the Wall!

Astro

591802[/snapback]

Absolutley agree, that is if we can get Ted Washington. Hopefully we can, then draft Gabe Watson possibly in the second round, and let him settle into the position so next year he can start.

Absolutley agree, that is if we can get Ted Washington.  Hopefully we can, then draft Gabe Watson possibly in the second round, and let him settle into the position so next year he can start.

592195[/snapback]

I'm completely fine with that plan, too. But who do you go after in the first then? I don't see a better value at the #8 slot than Ngata.

I'm completely fine with that plan, too. But who do you go after in the first then? I don't see a better value at the #8 slot than Ngata.

592206[/snapback]

What is the status of TW....Can he withstand a 16 game season....at a high level?

I am not sure.....He is 38 or 39......Even if he is picked, it will be a stop gap...

You will need a Ngata for the long term.....

What is the status of TW....Can he withstand a 16 game season....at a high level?

I am not sure.....He is 38 or 39......Even if he is picked, it will be a stop gap...

You will need a Ngata for the long term.....

592210[/snapback]

TED is reportedly doing well for his age (36 I believe), still effective against the run. Oh, and he is still huge. And he supposedly said recently to some news organization that he'd like to play for DJ again.

I'm also concerned about Adams.. he didn't impress me last year at all. Maybe he bounces back with the new regime, maybe he stays healthy, or maybe he hits the proverbial wall even harder. I have no problem with bringing him back, but Marv better have another option (not named Bannan :D ) ready in case Sam tanks.

TED is reportedly doing well for his age (36 I believe), still effective against the run. Oh, and he is still huge. And he supposedly said recently to some news organization that he'd like to play for DJ again.

592256[/snapback]

Ted will be 38 this April (nfl.com lists him as born Apr 1968).....

Oakland was ranked 5 spots above us "against the Run" and finished 26th

in the NFL....Considering that Washington played one of the Tackle position,

he just might be done in the NFL.....14 years in the NFL can take its toll....

Ted will be 38 this April (nfl.com lists him as born Apr 1968).....

Oakland was ranked 5 spots above us "against the Run" and finished 26th

in the NFL....Considering that Washington played one of the Tackle position,

he just might be done in the NFL.....14 years in the NFL can take its toll....

592369[/snapback]

And to make it look worse, the DE for oakland Derrick Burgess made it to

the pro-bowl....I think Washington is no more than an average DT now.

I keepabout sam not being quick. That is certainly not true, as he gets into the backfield really fast, but he doesn't make the plays because he is too fat and not agile and he is a randy moss type player. PHat Pat gave his all to the billsand the son of satan got rid of him. another TD phunkup there

591880[/snapback]

Sam is quick and is great guessing the snap count, having said that he´s undiciplined and it seems it´s all about himself first and the team second.

Once he didn´t have the guy making things happen for him (Big Pat) he wasn´t as effective as he was in 2005.

I´m all for keeping him if

a) the DC keeps him in check in terms of the defensive system, and

b) if we get a Ngata type of player, hence a guy that can occupy two OLs for him to roam free getting to the QB.