I really hope we draft Vince

Chilly

I !@#$ing HATE Tennessee.

I'd much rather Vince go to New Orleans.

VInce has to be my favorite player in a long time in football, imagine him going to a team like the Titans with the Music City Miracle. :(

I'd donate money to have the Bills trade for him ;)

VInce has to be my favorite player in a long time in football, imagine him going to a team like the Titans with the Music City Miracle.  :(

I'd donate money to have the Bills trade for him  :lol:

590616[/snapback]

Yeah...that makes a LOT of sense for the Bills. ;)

(What freakin hole did these people crawl out of?)

Oh...look! Something shiny!

VInce has to be my favorite player in a long time in football, imagine him going to a team like the Titans with the Music City Miracle.  :(

I'd donate money to have the Bills trade for him  ;)

590616[/snapback]

Better that he go somewhere else anf kill us occaisionally than come here with hisQB inflated cap hit that combines with the chunk of cap hit already allocated to JP and the lesser but still substantial cap hit allocated to Holcomg.

Having so much money tied into one position would throw off out ability to build a winning team for a long time.

I like Vince Young's play alot. I love the Bills and them getting Ws even more.

Yeah...that makes a LOT of sense for the Bills.  :(

(What freakin hole did these people crawl out of?)

Oh...look!  Something shiny!

590618[/snapback]

Yeah, you're gay.

OMG I WANT VINCE CAUSE HE'S SOMETHING SHINY. NOT BECAUSE HE PLAYS FOR MY UNIVERSITY.

Better that he go somewhere else anf kill us occaisionally than come here with hisQB inflated cap hit that combines with the chunk of cap hit already allocated to JP and the lesser but still substantial cap hit allocated to Holcomg.

Having so much money tied into one position would throw off out ability to build a winning team for a long time.

I like Vince Young's play alot. I love the Bills and them getting Ws even more.

590619[/snapback]

Which is why I'd rather see the draft from a non-biased light.

But I can't. No matter who the Bills draft, it won't be Vince. :(

Which is why I'd rather see the draft from a non-biased light.

But I can't.  No matter who the Bills draft, it won't be Vince. :(

590622[/snapback]

I really am sorry for you that the player you love will not be a Bill, but I also am happy for the Bills that they almost certainly will not make the same mistake Butler made when he allowed his over adoration and fear of being wrong on QB to saddle this team with huge cap hits to both RJ and DF at QB.

Yhe guaranteed slotted contracts of JP and Young with Holcomb thrown in as a kicker would simply ravage this team for years.

build the OL 1st then if JP doesn't pan out draft a QB that can be placed behind our rebuilt OL. Drafting another 1st rd QB this year to when we have money invested in a QB who just needs more time to be groomed is the biggest waste at this point. Without major OL upgrade and a year to let that OL gel placing another rookie QB on the Bills makes 0 sense.

If we do not concentrate on DL and OL this offseason the Bills will be 4-12 next year.

I'd donate money to have the Bills trade for him  ;)

590616[/snapback]

At times it looked like Texas was running more of a sandlot offense, then the spread option, but neither style is the type you would see work in the NFL. Young could run that offense, and make it work largely because he was much more athletic then the players he faced. The problem is the NFL stopped running the single wing and option because the players are just too fast sideline to sideline. That’s why we don’t see many college QB's who dominate based on athleticism make the transition to the pro game.

As you know everything in the NFL will be different. He will have people in his face, no time, and will be forced to make decisions that won't include running. You could make the Vick analogy, but Young is not as agile as Vick, or as fast. He play's with a great combination of speed and power, but I just don't see Young being able to allude defenders like Vick can in the NFL, and he won't be able to run over them like he did in college. (If he tries hello IR)

In the end he would make for an intriguing pick. He certainly has all the talent in the world, but despite his godly rose bowl performance he still has a lot of question marks. Given our current situation I would just rather he answers those questions on a different team.

I really hope that the Bills draft Neil Young. He is pretty tall, and has good range.

Neil Young would sweep away Bills fans "Like a Hurricane" and leave our opponents "Helpless."

590640[/snapback]

And the Jills could become the Cinnamon Girls :(

I really hope that the Bills draft Neil Young. He is pretty tall, and has good range.

Neil Young would sweep away Bills fans "Like a Hurricane" and leave our opponents "Helpless."

590640[/snapback]

Even though he has a "Heart of Gold", it seems "Southern Man" doesn't want him, and after four dead in "Ohio", he's not likely to be a hit here either. I suspect whoever drafts him, will be left "Helpless". Despite fans screaming, "Long may You Run", they'll soon realize he's no QB.

That's "Rockin in the Free World" folks.

Even though he has a "Heart of Gold", it seems "Southern Man" doesn't want him, and after four dead in "Ohio", he's not likely to be a hit here either. I suspect whoever drafts him, will be left "Helpless". Despite fans screaming, "Long may You Run", they'll soon realize he's no QB.

That's "Rockin in the Free World" folks.

590684[/snapback]

Yeah, but he will beat up our opponents and leave them "Down By The River."

590640[/snapback]

LOL!

He's a bit of a "Loner," though. Not sure about his leadership in the locker room. Dude's got a "Heart of Gold," though.

I could agree with you all day on Neil Young, Bill.

To be fair to BlueFire, VY would not be the worst first-round pick in the world (that would have to be Erik Flowers). But just judging by our needs, it makes little to no sense to pick him -- unless we could find a real taker for Losman and the price was right. But there are obvious worries about his translation to the NFL game. He is a hell of an athlete, and I believe he will be a difference maker, but we have to play the cards we have and fixate on our needs.