Ted Cottrell interviewed by Bills for DC job today

Paul Peck News 4.  I give credit to Jauron taking time to interview thouroughly.  Would Cottrell run a 4-3 or a 3-4.  Break Wades' balls all you want but he is an excellent coordinator.  Wade ran both as he adjusted to personnel.

No, Wade was/is a great coordinator. So too was/is GW.

And as for the Bills' search for a new DC, there is no rush to hire one right now. In fact, I'd wait until after the SB and interview Steelers' +/- Seahawks assistant coaches for the DC job.

It is being reported on Buffalo Bills.com message board. They claim channel 4 reported it.

Gotta love it.

588778[/snapback]

I went to WIVB but can't find anything on it. I'm not saying it's not true but I can't find anything other than BB.com.

Sounds like someone's friend's brother's cousin's neighbor,  here is the quote

"channel 4 says that their souces tell them that ted was in for an interview today for the dc position. hope it went well"

588792[/snapback]

I saw Cotrell house hunting at Brierwood earlier today too! <_<

Actually, I saw the newscast about 30 minutes ago - Ch. 4's Paul Peck did indeed report that Cotrell interviewed today - showed some old film of Ted when he was here before, and talked about his possible return. Will try to find a link somewhere...

I saw Cotrell house hunting at Brierwood earlier today too! <_<

Actually, I saw the newscast about 30 minutes ago - Ch. 4's Paul Peck did indeed report that Cotrell interviewed today - showed some old film of Ted when he was here before, and talked about his possible return.  Will try to find a link somewhere...

588801[/snapback]

Thanks, and I agree if they can patch up some bad feelings it would be good news that Ted's coming back.

at this point ted is the most proven and most reliable avalable left other then bates with the right pick up in draft and FA the 3-4 could fit the team well as the LB position is probably the strongest on the team

I'm really not overally excited about Ted Cotrell. In my opinion, he has proven to be a 1-dimensional defensive coach....only being able to run a 3-4 D. In NY the last couple of years, and last year in Minnesota ( where they have unbelievable young D-Line talent), Cotrell's units continued to underachieve . They all also ran base 4 down linemen fronts.

The Bills have some good personell....but they can't hold a candle to the D-Line in Minnesota.

Kevin Williams and Pat Williams inside and Kenechi Udeze/ Erasmus James/ Darrion Scott rotating at DE.

If Cotrell couldn't make that D-Line dominant...what is he going to do with Chris Kelsay and Tim Anderson?