Please stop the QB insantity!!!!

Like A Mofo

I know its cool to think about "Maybe the Bills should go after Vince Young"...or "Jay Cutler is having GREAT workouts and Simms says he has the best arm" (didnt Boller have a great arm too?!?!)...but cmon fellow Bills fans, right now the QB position, albeit not SET in stone, has two good things working in its favor:

1. There is a young QB in Losman with a lot of upside

2. A steady veteran in Holcumb who can keep the Bills aflot and even win some games

Right now the mindset of Jauron, at least IMO, should be lets see who win the job in camp. Make Losman EARN that spot. If not, lets go with KH till Losman earns the right to start.

Should the Bills take a stab on a QB in the later rounds of the draft? Sure why not..but NO way should the Bills draft another 1st round QB!

Just look at the teams in the Super Bowls in the last 40 years. Most, if not all of them, were or are strong on the OL and DL...this right now is a MAJOR deficiency with the Bills and NEEDS to be priority #1 come March 1st.

I know its cool to think about "Maybe the Bills should go after Vince Young"...or "Jay Cutler is having GREAT workouts and Simms says he has the best arm" (didnt Boller have a great arm too?!?!)...but cmon fellow Bills fans, right now the QB position, albeit not SET in stone, has two good things working in its favor:

1. There is a young QB in Losman with a lot of upside

2. A steady veteran in Holcumb who can keep the Bills aflot and even win some games

Right now the mindset of Jauron, at least IMO, should be lets see who win the job in camp.  Make Losman EARN that spot.  If not, lets go with KH till Losman earns the right to start.

Should the Bills take a stab on a QB in the later rounds of the draft?  Sure why not..but NO way should the Bills draft another 1st round QB!

Just look at the teams in the Super Bowls in the last 40 years.  Most, if not all of them, were or are strong on the OL and DL...this right now is a MAJOR deficiency with the Bills and NEEDS to be priority #1 come March 1st.

588507[/snapback]

I agree with you somewhat. I am all for Losman, but I would rather cut Kelly and bring in a FA QB who can play rather than have Kelly starting.

We could have an in-his-prime Elway back there and it would make no difference with our line.  Lets fix the lines, if JP doesn't develop we'll go QB in 07.

588513[/snapback]

They could still look QB in Round 4-6 or pick up someone else to challenge JP or Kelly, but I agree no QB in the first few rounds.

I agree with you somewhat. I am all for Losman, but I would rather cut Kelly and bring in a FA QB who can play rather than have Kelly starting.

588520[/snapback]

Let me ask you this though..

What if the Bills really improve the offensive line and the Bills can run the ball more efficiently...that would also really help KH, and his cap number is very friendly too.

I think the Bills can win games with KH with the right tools around him. And sure he dosent have the big arm, but he isnt as much of a liability as a Bledsoe.

Why cut Holcomb? He's decent enough for a backup, can play in a pinch and generally doesn't get rattled. He played 8 games this year, and had one clunker. I agree with bringing in another QB who can play a little, but no reason to cut KH.

I'd spend a first rounder on Vince Young. The real problem I have with JP is not his talent level, which is still up in the air, but his lack of leadership ability. A good a football player Vince Young is, he is documented as being an even better leader on and off the field.

588525[/snapback]

Tommy Fraizer was a good leader for Nebraska too...but he wasnt fit to be a NFL QB.

Im not sure Vince Young is either. Its not clear cut. id pass for that reason.

I'd spend a first rounder on Vince Young. The real problem I have with JP is not his talent level, which is still up in the air, but his lack of leadership ability. A good a football player Vince Young is, he is documented as being an even better leader on and off the field.

588525[/snapback]

Vince young has not shown he can lead a NFL team . no one knows how he will do in the NFL

I agree, how many team do you know that went to the playoffs without a good offensive line. Didn't Baltimore win with Trent Dilfer??? Also, some experts said Vince Young always operated out of shotgun and will have to learn 3-step drop. Don't get me wrong, i think he is a great talent. But so was Michael Vick and i hardly consider him a great QB.

Let me ask you this though..

What if the Bills really improve the offensive line and the Bills can run the ball more efficiently...that would also really help KH, and his cap number is very friendly too.

I think the Bills can win games with KH with the right tools around him.  And sure he dosent have the big arm, but he isnt as much of a liability as a Bledsoe.

588527[/snapback]

Why cut Holcomb?  He's decent enough for a backup, can play in a pinch and generally doesn't get rattled.  He played 8 games this year, and had one clunker.  I agree with bringing in another QB who can play a little, but no reason to cut KH.

588529[/snapback]

I agree an improved O line helps. But it helps anyone. KH has been around, I think that he will not take us anywhere better than mediocre.

I agree also that he is decent enough for a backup. He should not be a starter though. So I would rather get a better guy and keep JP as the backup and wait him out if thats where his development is at.

You know, MM really screwed us. We should know for certain at this point the results of this test.

Bring in as many undrafted, late round draft picks or FA QB's as you can during the offseason and let them compete for the starting job. Anyone who doesn't impress the coaching staff gets cut, we have a starting QB that deserves to start, weither it be JP, KH, an unretired Joe Montana, or even Ryan Leaf for all I care. Aslong as they are the best available QB to lead this team.