So, Gray goes to the skins....

turftoe

Not much of a surprise that Gray follows Williams again. I'm sure Danny boy is paying him well. I have a very strong hunch that Gregg has his eye on Clements. He was his very first draft pick. Clements already knows his system, and it relies on good corners for man to man and bump and run. The only catch that I see is that the skins are a little tight against the cap. Washington, however, always seems to find a way to make it work. If I were Levy, I would franchise Clements and trade him. Washinton doesn't have a #1 pick, but I'm sure something could be worked out. I give Donahoe credit. He could see the writing on the wall with Peerless to Atlanta and did exactly this. I hope Levy is also sharp enough to see the worth of Clements in a trade.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, if the CB cap number is $5-6M this season, franchising Nate is a no-brainer. Then the Bills are free to pursue any and all trade opportunities that would improve the team where needed, and if none materialize getting Nate for another year at that salary is quite palatable.

Not much of a surprise that Gray follows Williams again.  I'm sure Danny boy is paying him well.  I have a very strong hunch that Gregg has his eye on Clements.  He was his very first draft pick.  Clements already knows his system, and it relies on good corners for man to man and bump and run.  The only catch that I see is that the skins are a little tight against the cap.  Washington, however, always seems to find a way to make it work.  If I were Levy, I would franchise Clements and trade him.  Washinton doesn't have a #1 pick, but I'm sure something could be worked out.  I give Donahoe credit.  He could see the writing on the wall with Peerless to Atlanta and did exactly this.  I hope Levy is also sharp enough to see the worth of Clements in a trade.

587898[/snapback]

How about trading Clements for Arrington...straight up!

Guest BackInDaDay
Not much of a surprise that Gray follows Williams again.  I'm sure Danny boy is paying him well.  I have a very strong hunch that Gregg has his eye on Clements.  He was his very first draft pick.  Clements already knows his system, and it relies on good corners for man to man and bump and run.  The only catch that I see is that the skins are a little tight against the cap.  Washington, however, always seems to find a way to make it work.  If I were Levy, I would franchise Clements and trade him.  Washinton doesn't have a #1 pick, but I'm sure something could be worked out.  I give Donahoe credit.  He could see the writing on the wall with Peerless to Atlanta and did exactly this.  I hope Levy is also sharp enough to see the worth of Clements in a trade.

587898[/snapback]

Excellent point. Snyder will throw a truckload of amortorized bonus cash at Clements. Nate's a very good CB. He's never been a 'shutdown' CB, he sometimes requires saftey help. He's strong in run defense, but we let Winfield go, and he was stronger. Unless he wants to stay and play for Jauron, he'll be back with Gray and Williams in DC.

Excellent point.  Snyder will throw a truckload of amortorized bonus cash at Clements.  Nate's a very good CB.  He's never been a 'shutdown' CB, he sometimes requires saftey help.  He's strong in run defense, but we let Winfield go, and he was stronger.  Unless he wants to stay and play for Jauron, he'll be back with Gray and Williams in DC.

587943[/snapback]

It'll have to be a really creative contract offer, since Washington is projected to be $20 million over the 2006 salary cap.

587898[/snapback]

Though it seems that Washington always finds a way to add more to their roster, I have heard that they are as much as 25 million over the salary cap this coming season, so it is doubtful that they would be able to add yet another high profile free agent...

Washington isn't looking for a corner back.  They already have Shaun Springs and Carlos Rogers (#9 pick last year).

588191[/snapback]

I wouldn't poo poo the idea that quickly. Shawn Springs is pushing 31 yrs old and has had injury problems. I thinks many would consider Nate an upgrade over Springs.

I hope Levy is also sharp enough to see the worth of Clements in a trade.

587898[/snapback]

I hope that Levy is sharp enough to see the worth of Clements staying on this team and signed to a long term contract. That is one position we should work very hard to maintain status quo. Who would you suggest we put in his place?

I hope that Levy is sharp enough to see the worth of Clements staying on this team and signed to a long term contract. That is one position we should work very hard to maintain status quo. Who would you suggest we put in his place?

588395[/snapback]

I guess I should have stated trade or keep Nate. What I think would be wrong would be to simply let him walk. There are some decent CBs in the draft, if it came to that. If we get a DC like Fewell, He (and Jauron) could have a lot of positive influence on the development of our secondary.