MaGahee expected to seek new contract?!!!

Tipster19

I agree.  Regardless, I haven't seen a link or heard a soundbite about McGahee's alleged new demands --  I believe TIPSTER is doing nothing more than "supposing" here.

Furthermore, Rosenhaus isn't exactly anyone's favorite agent currently.  His rep has taken a big hit.  Even he has to be smart enough to realize coming to the Bills right now with demands would be a bonehead move.

587857[/snapback]

Rosenhaus did take huge hits with Walker and Owens, losing some credibility in the process. He's still a snake that can't be trusted, but for awhile it looked like he was going to have the NFL by the balls.

Sorry - I didn't mean to give you the Fox news treatment. It's just that I'm tired of this "fastest Bill to 2,000 yards" number, seeing as it ignores the fact that he missed his entire first year. I don't know if it's you that keeps repeating it or others on the board, but I wish it would just go away.

I do think the fact that he missed the first year has to mipact his contract incentives. 2,300 yards over two years seems good, but I think it's likely that the contract makes stipulations about incentives over three years, and I don't think he met too many of those. I think proof of this lies in the fact that, if the original poster was correct, McGahee wants guaranteed money because he's not hitting enough incentives. Otherwise, why would he give up bigger paydays for less guarnateed?

But you're right. It was the wrong place to make that argument. It was a product of frustration that has been building.

I think the key to this is that McGahee almost certainly hit his incentives as he is the fastest Bills RB to 2000 yards gained rushing (better early production rushing than either Thurman or OJ which if folks want to disregard this fact would seem to render any other arguments they make pretty questionable.  I'm not saying this proves without a doubt he is worth big bucks, but to simply ignore this seems just dumb).

His power outage when his yards/game really dipped around mid season is troubling, but given that his yards per carry generally stayed above 4, that this production drop certainly was heavily influenced by poor OL play and lousy play calling along with any WM production problems, and it remains unclear whether any production problems he had were caused by injury rather than attitude, it would seem to be a huge leap to write him off.

587337[/snapback]

2. Rather than attempting to fill in any missing parts of an argument with a moderate or logical piece, instead inserting into them some outrageous assumption and attributing that to the original argument.

Fpr example you claim that I cite the fact that WM is the fastest Bills back to rush for 2K as the "end of all arguments" when on the contrary, I specifically say in the post you cite:  

" I'm not saying this proves without a doubt he is worth big bucks, but to simply ignore this seems just dumb)."

Rather than making some claim all you need to know about WM is this, I actually chide the orginal post for simply ignoring this point and thus presenting an incomplete view of reality while also specifically acknowledging some clear shortcomings in WMs performance with his downturn in production after mid-season.

Perhaps it is just a failure on my part to be clear, but your paraphrasing of my views is flat out incorrect.

587848[/snapback]

If McGahee starts demanding more money after this season then Marv could look into a trade.

He doesn't like players like this, with little or no character.

Either Willis shapes up his act, or he's out of here.

Not too fond those U players.

587841[/snapback]

Yeah, Marv never banked his career on "U Players" like Jim Kelly :angry:

I agree.  Regardless, I haven't seen a link or heard a soundbite about McGahee's alleged new demands --  I believe TIPSTER is doing nothing more than "supposing" here.

Furthermore, Rosenhaus isn't exactly anyone's favorite agent currently.  His rep has taken a big hit.  Even he has to be smart enough to realize coming to the Bills right now with demands would be a bonehead move.

587857[/snapback]

Willis shouldnt be renegotiating anything. He's lucky he's getting what he is. Nothing special about him as a running back as far as im concerned. If I were the Bills I would be investing as much cash and time as I can afford into the lines on both sides of the ball.

Dante, you couldn't have said it better! Although I like Willis, I am not confident that he can change the tempo of a game like Shaun Alexander, Thurman, Barry, And Emmitt. He doesn't deserve to have the upper hand in a contract negotiation. Ralph should be saying "Hey Willis, where is this spectacular running back we drafted?" Don't get me wrong, he is talented and I think could be a great back if there was a hole to hit, but pride is one of the seven deadly sins and it will sink McGahee's ship if plays his hand like T.O. I am a union president and truly understand the games and tactics that can be used to obtain your goals. But Willis, I feel, is not on that plateau. Rosenhaus will ruin him too. Just my opinion. Later Abbott

Yeah, Marv never banked his career on "U Players" like Jim Kelly  :angry:

587947[/snapback]

First of all, Kelly wasn't Levy's pick.

Second of all, Jim Kelly kicked and screamed his way to Buffalo. He said before the 1983 Draft that this is one of the cities he wouldn't want to go to.

Sure we got Jim Kelly in here, but we had to force him to be here.

And that's just because the USFL closed, and we still owned his rights.

587857[/snapback]

Ah. There was a little blurb on KFFL the other day from Leo Roth saying that Willis would probably be seeking out a new contract offer.

First of all, Kelly wasn't Levy's pick.

Second of all, Jim Kelly kicked and screamed his way to Buffalo. He said before the 1983 Draft that this is one of the cities he wouldn't want to go to.

Sure we got Jim Kelly in here, but we had to force him to be here.

And that's just because the USFL closed, and we still owned his rights.

588035[/snapback]

You didn't say "drafted." You said he doesn't "like those U players."

One of the players he formed the strongest relationship with over his coaching tenure was Kelly. The truth flies in the face of your statement.

And despite Marv's preference for character, Kelly was a giant jerk for much of his career. His kid changed him a lot.

John Clayton reports...

"Willis MacPayMe trade to Arizona immanent...

The Bills will receive a beautiful Southwestern-themed 3-piece Living Room set including matching curtains and a Left Tackle.

Stay tuned to ESPN..."

Thats what I like to hear. Marv is holding out for furniture with high character and Stainmaster. GO MARV!

If Willis wants to trade away incentives for more guaranteed money, Marv should at least talk with him. But I don't feel Marv should be generous. Maybe for every $3 in incentives Willis gives up, he gets $1 in guaranteed money. Of course, the ratio would vary depending on how likely each incentive given up was to be earned.

:

I think the key to this is that McGahee almost certainly hit his incentives as he is the fastest Bills RB to 2000 yards gained rushing (better early production rushing than either Thurman or OJ which if folks want to disregard this fact would seem to render any other arguments they make pretty questionable.  I'm not saying this proves without a doubt he is worth big bucks, but to simply ignore this seems just dumb).

:

587337[/snapback]

I don't understand. Travis Henry reached 2000 by the end of his second season on the payroll. It was deep into his third before WM reached it.

Injury-shimjury, ifs- and buts-, we paid in dollars and a draft pick for WM and it took longer to get production in return. And in the final analysis, we are paying about 10 times the price per yard gained for WM than we did for TH.

I don't understand.  Travis Henry reached 2000 by the end of his second season on the payroll.  It was deep into his third before WM reached it.

Injury-shimjury,  ifs- and buts-,  we paid in dollars and a draft pick for WM and it took longer to get production in return.  And in the final analysis,  we are paying about 10 times the price per yard gained for WM than we did for TH.

588749[/snapback]

I think the stat goes on active games, not years in service.

I think the stat goes on active games, not years in service.

588761[/snapback]

That's called an if- and but-.

We used a first round pick on him in 2003. We payed him every month. In 2003 he took up a roster spot and contributed absolutely nothing to the team. He didn't give us 2,000 yards untill past the mid-point of his contract.

That's called an if- and but-.

We used a first round pick on him in 2003.  We payed him every month.  In 2003 he took up a roster spot and contributed absolutely nothing to the team.  He didn't give us 2,000 yards until past the mid-point of his contract.

588767[/snapback]

I'm not defending this as a tell all stat, but he did reach 2000 yards in less games than OJ or Travis. Take it for what it is worth. I would rather have OJ(without the baggage) than Willis, but I would also rather have Willis than Travis.

All of this "he doesn't deserve to get more money so he can kiss my ass" is irrelevant. The KFFL story was just pure speculation on their part, just like the other blurbs they had in the same story. They mentioned Fletcher, Milloy, Vincent and others may not be worth their salaries compared to what they bring to the team in the same story.

Wait for either the Bills, McGahee or Rosenhaus to make a public statement about this before all of you get crazy over this "story".

If Willis was going to look for more money he would be better served to wait until after this upcoming year. That is not to say he won't ask this year, but let's wait for the real deal before breaking a sweat about something that may never come.