So if Bates doesn't come...

For real?  I guess I don't remember any of that.

585056[/snapback]

Yeah. Ted was very mad after being turned down for head coach position and made comments about Ralph and Tom D. and front office saying "they" were racist. I heard it on a radio interview.

Ralph is like an elephant - he has a sharp memory and a long nose always geting into trouble; I do not know if he will forgive that remark.

I recall him saying that he didn't think they gave him a fair shot at the job... but I don't remember him saying they were 'racist.' That's an awfully strong thing to say and if he said that, it would have been huge news.... people (ie the media) eat those types of accusations up and don't take it lightly.

Yeah. Ted was very mad after being turned down for head coach position and made comments about Ralph and Tom D. and front office saying "they" were racist.  I heard it on a radio interview.

Ralph is like an elephant - he has a sharp memory and a long nose always geting into trouble; I do not know if he will forgive that remark.

585059[/snapback]

Your telling me TC is the best option to run our defense? There has to be somebody whether it be at the college ranks or a coach in the pros who hasnt been promoted to DC yet that could bring some fire to our D. Its well known that DJ will put his stamp on the defense but it would be nice to get someone that can put his opinion in as well.

I recall him saying that he didn't think they gave him a fair shot at the job... but I don't remember him saying they were 'racist.'  That's an awfully strong thing to say and if he said that, it would have been huge news.... people (ie the media) eat those types of accusations up and don't take it lightly.

585062[/snapback]

I was very shocked when I heard it but that was the word he used. It was a radio interview when he was going to NYC and maybe it wasn't wide spread broadcasted but that is what he said. I thought he was just talking about Donahoe until he said "they".

It seems that if the Bills can't get Bates, they'll surely be able to get Cottrell.  And more than a few places suggest he'd be virtually as good as Bates.  I don't know about that, but I guess it could be worse.

585043[/snapback]

I don't want TedCotrell running the show here......He has stunk up the joint in

his last two stints...

Cotrell would be okay. Haslett might be better as DC, and he is pretty much running out of aces in the coaching derby so he might be receptive, but I wonder how burned his bridges might be with Marv and Ralph. If I were DJ I would be tempted to go with Haslett and stand up to Marv and Ralph as a matter of staking out my turf early. I'd have Haslett's loyalty and ambition to get back into head coaching to fuel an aggressive (and they didn't come much more aggressive than Haslett) defense. Hurt, hungry and with a lot to prove. I'd like that in a defensive co-ordinator.

Cotrell would be okay.  Haslett might be better as DC, and he is pretty much running out of aces in the coaching derby so he might be receptive, but I wonder how burned his bridges might be with Marv and Ralph. If I were DJ I would be tempted to go with Haslett and stand up to Marv and Ralph as a matter of staking out my turf early.  I'd have Haslett's loyalty and ambition to get back into head coaching to fuel an aggressive (and they didn't come much more aggressive than Haslett) defense.  Hurt, hungry and with a lot to prove.  I'd like that in a defensive co-ordinator.

585466[/snapback]

haslett took the DC job in st. louis